1/6 Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Iron Man Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot_Toys_Marvel_Iron_Man_MKXLVI_WarMachine_MK3_02.jpg

Finally! Great duo, love how sleek the MK46 is.

Sir that picture hits me with overwhelming depth of power I mean like a suddenly fast oil truck coming out of nowhere the moment I saw it well done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Decided to purchase this as my first (and hopefully only :D) Hot Toys Ironman.

Randy

You too?! Yeah definitely want to stop with this one unless by some highly elevated reason the infinity war suit shoots a tractor beam at me that I can't break away from by shear will. Doubt that's happening.

You too?! Yeah definitely want to stop with this one unless by some highly elevated reason the infinity war suit shoots a tractor beam at me that I can't break away from by shear will. Doubt that's happening.

From the concept art, the new suit looks a lot slimmer and has a triangle arc reactor again. We'll see how the final version will look but I love the CW suit so much, it's such a great mix of MCU and comic Iron Man. Definitely my favorite with VII and III close behind.

From the concept art, the new suit looks a lot slimmer and has a triangle arc reactor again. We'll see how the final version will look but I love the CW suit so much, it's such a great mix of MCU and comic Iron Man. Definitely my favorite with VII and III close behind.

See the mentioning of the triangle RT is one thing that reels me in quite a bit cause I read Iron Man stuff where he mostly had that shape plus we have MCU Iron Man's Mark VI armor which I loved a lot the moment he dropped right in front of Hammer! But not enough to reel me in just quite but as you said we'll see how the final version looks. I like the Mk46 blend of MCU and comics just fine I thought it would've been the MkXLV for me but I'm glad I was conned and got money back as it was a blessing to show me XLVI is better! Seeing the movie did remind me of Bleeding Edge armor so costume designers did it right to my surprise.

I know this isn't the thread to post this but does anyone have the thread to ask about a kitbash for a Tony Stark.
I'm interested in using the headsculpt of my figure with a suit and appropriate body.

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the boards,good to see another TFW member here. If you escape with just one Hot Toys figure your doing good! Can't say I've ever heard of that happening tho:p

Thanks everyone. I have a few Star Wars HT figures so far. Ironman will be joining my Civil War Black Widow, Captain America, and Winter Soldier. I have a feeling that may be it for me. But we'll see. :)

Randy

Just got this figure today and boy is it a beauty.

My original Mark III pales in comparison to this thing and it has the best RDJ sculpt to date. It's unbelievable.

The black piece from the RDJ head sculpt isn't really sitting well on the body. Is there any trick to getting this just right?

EDIT: nevermind I'm dumb and didn't realize the clip actually hooked in to something on the figure itself. The instruction booklet was quite misleading

I'm considering this as my first Ironman too. So you think it's better than the Mark 3. Certainly looks like you can pull off a lot of poses with this figure. Colouring also looks modern but with some hint to the originals.

Edit : just made my way to the final page and saw Darkshadows pic comparison to Mk3. Maybe that was an omen that I should get this guy :)

I'm considering this as my first Ironman too. So you think it's better than the Mark 3. Certainly looks like you can pull off a lot of poses with this figure. Colouring also looks modern but with some hint to the originals.

Edit : just made my way to the final page and saw Darkshadows pic comparison to Mk3. Maybe that was an omen that I should get this guy :)

I always thought that I didn't need a new Iron Man figure because I already had one and that they were all kind of the same. I was DEFINITELY wrong. The diecast aspect is incredible. It's much heavier than the plastic Mark III I have.

Now if you're a fan of the Mark VI (similar to Mark III but from the end of Iron Man 2 and beginning of The Avengers) , I believe it's still up for pre order. That's a more classic IM suit. I wasn't too much of a fan of that one, plus I liked the look from Civil War and the retractable, fully exposed head sculpt. Another option is the Homecoming suit but that's not going to be out for a bit.

Overall, you can't go wrong with this figure. It's beautiful in person and the sculpt is crazy good. I don't think I've seen one that has blown me away this much since the original Bank Robber Joker.

Well they did at least get the color right on that old figure (and with the right amount of shine too). Not sure why that seems to be such a problem for them on their newer ones.

I can't believe the one on the right is an actual Hot Toy figure. They definitely have come a long way.

Randy

It's night and day difference. I used to think that head sculpt looked good!

Well they did at least get the color right on that old figure (and with the right amount of shine too). Not sure why that seems to be such a problem for them on their newer ones.

With the helmet on, it's still a really nice figure. Granted, it's plastic but it still looks high quality. I know the CW colors seem more muted but I think this actually looks better than the movie suit.

The movies tend to be very washed out and in low lighting the suit seems less red than it actually is.

Looking at that Mk III it looks like the bottom half of the legs and the shoulder pads have been reused on every variation of the mk2/3 ever since...no wonder the diecast ones are short.

It's night and day difference. I used to think that head sculpt looked good!

With the helmet on, it's still a really nice figure. Granted, it's plastic but it still looks high quality.

The *Diecast" figure is plastic too. The tiny bit of Diecast has no bearing on the looks.

Mine arrived today, fortunately my work finishes at 1pm on a Friday so I was able to spend some time unboxing and checking it out. Was really pleased that there were no breakages out of the box (ie no detached magnets or broken missile attachments) but unfortunately the lighting on the entire left arm is a dud. I switched the batteries from the working arm with the same result so definitely looks like a wiring problem. So frustrating, but exactly what I feared would happen given other folks reports of lighting issues.
I've contacted FP.UK to let them know - I haven't a clue if they'll provide a replacement arm or if they'll want the entire thing back....

Electronics Testing Round 2.

Successfully tested every battery compartment except for the left shoulder pauldron - still can't lever the outer cover up and as ever the tool HTs provided is far too fat to be good for anything but flinging the batteries across the room!

Eyeing up the tiny flathead screwdriver in my kit, but terrified of what that could do to the paint. Anyone had an issue with the shoulder pads specifically/how did you eventually get the thing open?

Yeah I gave up on those shoulder pieces. Finally decided it just wasn't worth the trouble for a couple lights in the back I'll never see. In fact the only lights I really use are for the head and torso.

Thanks - you make a good point there, and all of the other, more visible lights are working.

Of course Schrodinger's Shoulder is going to be bugging me forever, but yeah even though the lights are such an integral feature of this figure I'm unlikely to use them frequently.

Back