1/6 Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Iron Man Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wanted to wait a bit longer, but since all the other CW figs are going to wait-list, I decided not to and I finally bit the bullet on this guy after saving some RP's to get it to a decent price.

I still prefer XLV over this one, but I do still want it because I think it will look great all lit-up.

Decided to bite the bullet on this now because if it would have gone to wait list I wasn't gonna get it. Wound up getting this for $168 before shipping thanks to all the RP I saved up last year. Most likely going to be my last Iron Man for a loooooooong time. Glad it's this one too, since it's gonna be in at least 2 MCU films, a rare feat for an Iron Man suit.

Confused on which one to buy this one or the mark VI die cast from avengers. I just need one iron man in my collection - I don't even understand how he had mark 6 in avengers and mark 46 here.
Sorry a bit non informed in this but wanted a die cast iron man to go with some other avengers I have ... :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Avengers MK 6&7
Iron Man 3 MK 8 thru 41 (House Party Protocol) MK 42 main suit
Avengers AOU 43, 44- Hulkbuster, 45 final battle
CA Civil War MK 46

Confused on which one to buy this one or the mark VI die cast from avengers. I just need one iron man in my collection - I don't even understand how he had mark 6 in avengers and mark 46 here.
Sorry a bit non informed in this but wanted a die cast iron man to go with some other avengers I have ... :(

Everyone has their own reasons for liking specific armors; design aspects, the armor's impact in the movie, the movie itself, etc. If you haven't been following the IM franchise itself, or haven't really cared to follow the lineage of the Marks throughout the MCU, then I'd say your best bet is just to pick whichever armor you think looks better.

As far as jumping from the Mk6 in Avengers to the Mk46 in CW -- The Avengers movie started with the Mk6 and ended with the Mk7. Iron Man 3 came out with the main armor being the Mk42, with the House Party Protocol (HPP) armors consisting of Marks 8-41. Age of Ultron introduced Mk43, Mk44 (Hulkbuster), and the Mk45. CW introduced the Mk46 (and looks like it'll also be in Spider-Man Homecoming).

It's a case with this suit where I prefer the look of the colours of the figure to what we saw onscreen in the movie

Everyone has their own reasons for liking specific armors; design aspects, the armor's impact in the movie, the movie itself, etc. If you haven't been following the IM franchise itself, or haven't really cared to follow the lineage of the Marks throughout the MCU, then I'd say your best bet is just to pick whichever armor you think looks better.

As far as jumping from the Mk6 in Avengers to the Mk46 in CW -- The Avengers movie started with the Mk6 and ended with the Mk7. Iron Man 3 came out with the main armor being the Mk42, with the House Party Protocol (HPP) armors consisting of Marks 8-41. Age of Ultron introduced Mk43, Mk44 (Hulkbuster), and the Mk45. CW introduced the Mk46 (and looks like it'll also be in Spider-Man Homecoming).

So very much agree with this advice. Leon 911, If you like the looks of the Mk. VI buy that, if you like the looks of the Mk. XLVI better than buy that. If you're not hard core IM then get what is more aesthetically pleasing to you both look like they will be great figures and both have (will have) similar screen time.

Just a minor correction SoGS, regarding IM3 film, it was Mk. 1-42. Remember that open armor in the beginning is Mk. VII and his HoA is blown up in the initial attack with all Mk. 1-7.

So very much agree with this advice. Leon 911, If you like the looks of the Mk. VI buy that, if you like the looks of the Mk. XLVI better than buy that. If you're not hard core IM then get what is more aesthetically pleasing to you both look like they will be great figures and both have (will have) similar screen time.

Just a minor correction SoGS, regarding IM3 film, it was Mk. 1-42. Remember that open armor in the beginning is Mk. VII and his HoA is blown up in the initial attack with all Mk. 1-7.

Yeah I'm aware that the HoA was on display during the Mk42's intro and that the Mk7 diagnosed his panic attack in IM3. I was simply pointing out when armors first appeared from what movies, not necessarily every appearance ever.

Yeah I'm aware that the HoA was on display during the Mk42's intro and that the Mk7 diagnosed his panic attack in IM3. I was simply pointing out when armors first appeared from what movies, not necessarily every appearance ever.

True dat, makes sense reading it that way. Still, it really is strange that there were only really 2 armors that were used in 2 films Mk. VI & Mk. VII.

True dat, makes sense reading it that way. Still, it really is strange that there were only really 2 armors that were used in 2 films Mk. VI & Mk. VII.

It's anyone's guess really.

My theory is that these 2 armors signify major events tied to the MCU and/or Tony Stark that they wanted to subtly remind the audience of.

-The Avengers: In the very first Iron Man scene, Tony Stark is underwater in the Mk6, with its new RT powered by the new element he created in Iron Man 2, applying his reusable energy tech to power Stark Tower. Shield has been trying to harness the "unlimited power" of the tesseract, yet didn't ask for help from the one guy who clearly could have helped them from the start...

-Iron Man 3: After Tony Stark has a panic attack he runs to the Mk7, the armor that he was in during the Battle of NY, which was the event from The Avengers that triggered his PTSD character arc in IM3. Diagnosed in the armor that created the symptoms, ironic...

I think the reason is straight up marketing, and at some point during the concept of Iron Man 3 they decided to go full blown Iron Man merchandise machine. If you go through the first two Iron Man movies and the first Avengers, the changes are very minimal.. They're akin to the same changes we've seen Thor and Black Widow go through, but with Iron Man it does make a lot of sense due to the nature of his technology and the character himself.

II-III-IV-VI all relatively minor cosmetic changes with logical, evolutional reasons as to why. You could argue III didn't need to move to IV, but I guess they decided to start IM2 with a fresh coat of paint.. and lets be honest, we can all differentiate between the two suits on these forums, but most casual watchers probably couldn't even tell you he changed suits.

After IM3 and the HPP and narratively Tony and his obsessiveness, it's almost become a game as to how many new suits will they throw at us, and what will he wear next movie?

I agree with SoGS. Marvel is using the Mks. to tie in specific things, just how the 46 is in Homecoming to tie into main MCU. I actually read that the 45 was supposed to look like the 46 (or a similarly designed bleeding edge adaptation) because, according to Russo's and designers, the the 43-46-45 is actually a more logically looking progression.

The 46 was intentionally made to be a homage to the comic bleeding edge while fusing the "paneling" look of the 42 & 43 which is what should have been end of AoU but Joss and team were too overcooked to realize they went too sleek with the 45. Remember that we all just assume that Stark can suit up in the 45 the same as 42/43 but we never saw it happen.

Phil Saunders said that after the 42/43 he wanted to go back to the 'wearable Ferrari' aesthetic and so designed the 45 but then afterwards thought that he went too organic and so I introduced a few more angular lines on the 46 to dial the anatomy back a bit.

Phil Saunders said that after the 42/43 he wanted to go back to the 'wearable Ferrari' aesthetic and so designed the 45 but then afterwards thought that he went too organic and so I introduced a few more angular lines on the 46 to dial the anatomy back a bit.

Right! There's that quote, there's another from an interview and even Joss. Should have gone 43-44-46-45.

The earlier marks are still very industrial looking when put next to the 45. That thing really is styled like a supercar.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Was the mark 45 done in die cast? Or is being done? That actually does look sexy (again am not a big iron man fan boy) so pls do bear with my lack of knowledge.

Was the mark 45 done in die cast? Or is being done? That actually does look sexy (again am not a big iron man fan boy) so pls do bear with my lack of knowledge.

Yes the 45 is diecast.

No portrait reveal yet.

Back