1/6 Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Iron Man Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep this is my favourite as well.

My plan is to get a Mk85 Battle Damaged and eventually a Mk1 Diecast to bookend the Ironman suits of armour.

Sure it's a poor mans Iron Man collection, but since I predominantly collect Star Wars I like the idea of both ends of the suit spectrum and this as the middle ground piece which mixes both the more mechanical look and the more futuristic nano style suit.

It's very good to remain focused. I used to have a ton of Iron Man figures but sold off everything Marvel and DC when Hot Toys started doing Star Wars.

I've since bought and sold a few Iron Man figures, but I did something similar with an evolution set up. I've kept the Diecast Mk 6, Mk 46, and Mk 50 as sort of a beginning, middle, and end display. Though I would be tempted by the inevitable Mk 1 3.0.

DSC03056-01.jpgDSC03054-01.jpg

Is this guy still worth it? I found one for $540 plus shipping. Seems like an okay deal. I’m just worried there will be a reissue since the Mark 47 is the same base figure.

I think I paid $750 for this guy around this time a year ago. Seems like the pandemic is tightening purse strings so people are letting figures go for lower. I don't think $540 plus shipping is a bad deal for him at all, but all you can do is hope there isn't a reissue. You never know what Hot Toys will do at this point.

I had this guy a couple years ago, and I currently have the 47. Personally I like the 47 more. But the 46 is a great figure if you prefer it.

There is zero chance of hot toys not reissuing this figure.

Zero chance? I don't think so.

This is not a $1,000+ figure on the secondary market. Mark 47 was.
There is no motivating factor for Hot Toys to reissue the 46 besides just the fact that it's Iron Man.

I honestly hope they stop with the reissues moving forward and concentrate on just putting out new product.
They are so far backlogged with "in production" product right now that it isn't even funny.

IF the Mark 46 gets a reissue, you would likely see it sometime in 2023-2024 based on the current schedule.

Last edited:
I had this guy a couple years ago, and I currently have the 47. Personally I like the 47 more. But the 46 is a great figure if you prefer it.

I love this armour, but in truth the layout is a little busy relative to others. It's from a fun movie and the battle damaged chest plate looks great, but in some ways this suit was executed better in the 47 and even the Concept Art.

I get what they were going for but it feels over-designed if I look too closely, compared to some of the more classic armours. It's all nitpicking, I still really like it.

*EDIT: Come to think of it, my issue may have less to do with the design and more to do with HT's heavy-handed approach to panel lines on the 1/6 armour. It's more subtle on-screen.

I pulled the trigger and bought this guy. I can’t wait to get him! I also acquired the Mark 6 diecast recently as well. I’m super excited to add both to my collection! ��

I picked this guy up! The base is nice but I don’t like that it doesn’t fit in with all my other CW figures. Does anyone use a different or third party stand/base they would recommend?

Love this armor, but the prices I'm seeing are like $900 CAD vs ~$500 CAD for the 47... Is it worth waiting to see if there will be a reissue for the 46?

Hate to bump a super old thread.

I recently was posing my 46 and man on man does this figure still hold up. Gorgeous sculpt and I think my favorite armor from the entire MCU with maybe the exception being Endgame. Very glad to have this in my collection.

However, the right arm and specifically the elbow join are super super loose. I don't even think it could stay up when held out horizontally so I have the thrusters on with his arms by his side. Any tips on how to fix this or help tighten these joints? I see some crews but I'm not sure if it'll actually do anything.

Hate to bump a super old thread.

I recently was posing my 46 and man on man does this figure still hold up. Gorgeous sculpt and I think my favorite armor from the entire MCU with maybe the exception being Endgame. Very glad to have this in my collection.

However, the right arm and specifically the elbow join are super super loose. I don't even think it could stay up when held out horizontally so I have the thrusters on with his arms by his side. Any tips on how to fix this or help tighten these joints? I see some crews but I'm not sure if it'll actually do anything.
I have a similar problem with my mk 50. I thought about a dab of glue or maybe blue tac but mine can remain posed in a bent position as long as its not holding anything.

Back