1/6 Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Iron Man Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys,

the diorama base is to big in my detolf. That's why I hot the civil war base from captain america. Now I want the right nametag on the base...

Any opinions or u know someone where I can gat only the mark 46 nametag, than I can cut the sides so it can fit on the CW base? I don't want to destroy the one I have [emoji28]
edb5317923ac7f4b6501b4cf9b96b21e.jpg

Endgame solidified my love for this character — the Mark IV is what I consider my definitive version, but I recently re-acquired the 46 from a friend who’s ditching Marvel(!) to focus on Star Wars. While I got him back in the collection for retail, I had to throw in some screen-accurate ANH buckets to close the deal.

I’m going display Mark 4, 46 and 85. A fitting selection for my favourite cinematic journey of the decade.

It’s nice to have this one back:

d8dc1735c28f1379e6f080f535f0e0fc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice pic! Agree that he is a great representation for Iron Man. Modern enough, but still has that "Man in a Can" vibe not present with the 50. Was really happy to have snagged this guy for retail towards the tail end of him selling out.
IMG_0449-01.jpg

Hands down my favourite Iron Man. As already stated many times, this suit balances modern and classic perfectly giving the 46 something of a timeless aesthetic.

still my favorite IM armor that i own.
(still waiting to get IW & DC mk VII)

it’s crazy to think back when i used my rewards to get him from ssc, i payed about $230 for him, compared to what he’s going for now!

Nice pic! Agree that he is a great representation for Iron Man. Modern enough, but still has that "Man in a Can" vibe not present with the 50. Was really happy to have snagged this guy for retail towards the tail end of him selling out.
[...]

Sweet shot!

I had sold him on the first time around just to keep the collection lean, but this is my favourite “modern era” suit.

As said here just now, it’s very slick and advanced but retains a timeless vibe. Looks a proper beast of an armour from a GREAT MCU entry.

It’s funny. All of those rocky/rubble diorama bases they insisted on doing before, such as with this figure, actually go well with the EG figures being that the final battle was in the rubble of the Avengers compound. Ironic, because none of the EG figures come with a base like that to my knowledge, despite it fitting best with them. :lol

View attachment 452818

I agree with you all. I only have one Iron Man and decided this guy was it. Sure wouldn't mind the 85, but this is just the best version to have IMO.

Same applies to Civil War Cap. Best costume design between old original and new modern looks.

In a way this and 47 are probably the pinnacle of suits catered for earthly threats. 50 was pretty much the beginning mark for alien threats.

I doubt this suit could survive as long as the mark 50 did against Thanos or even Ebony/Cull for that matter.

Awesome photos.

And as a side note, that rubble base would go great with any of the EG figures, being that it’d nicely resemble the terrain of the end battle. Mk 43 base would work also.

In a way this and 47 are probably the pinnacle of suits catered for earthly threats. 50 was pretty much the beginning mark for alien threats.

I doubt this suit could survive as long as the mark 50 did against Thanos or even Ebony/Cull for that matter.

Well the Mk VII fought the chitauri invasion, but that was on Earth, not in space.

Awesome photos.

And as a side note, that rubble base would go great with any of the EG figures, being that it’d nicely resemble the terrain of the end battle. Mk 43 base would work also.

Hmm, strange that none of the IW or EG figures come with a diorama type base.

Awesome photos.

Good point. And if anything it seems like it would work a lot better with the Mk85 than 46, since I can't quite remember any battles in CW taking place among rubble like that.

Can anyone take a picture of the under the right shoulder armor? Mines a little crooked and I want to see if I unscrew it and remove it to realign. Thanks! It’s the adjusting shoulder piece.

i believe this is the truest & most accurate statement (on something so fictional) :p

i agree 100% though. the 46 def wouldn’t have held up against maw/cull, let alone thanos :eek:

cap (& bucky) wrecked it using fists & caps shield.

nonetheless, this is still in my top favorite armors with the 7, 50, & 85

Awesome photos.

Fabulous photos, no wonder some call IM figs the sports cars of HT.

Thank you guys, and referencing the rubble I honestly can't stand it and would prefer a flat stand. there's not a decent enough amount of space to plant his feet flat even with this legs just shoulder width apart and between the balance and weight if it being diecast even that one leg being slightly up was a bit scary.

Good point. And if anything it seems like it would work a lot better with the Mk85 than 46, since I can't quite remember any battles in CW taking place among rubble like that.

Yes, you’d be correct. I don’t recall any rubble scenes with the Mk 46 either. Nor the Mk 43.

It’s funny how HT always insisted on those rubble diorama bases with figures where it made no sense based on the films they were from, but now with the film where they would work perfectly, they’re nowhere to be found.

Back