1/6 Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Iron Man Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same here. I can never get enough figure reviews, and I especially like when people revisit much older figures, as they tend to be a lot more objective and less gushing.

I totally agree, I wish more reviewers would do "hindsight" reviews. Very helpful for people new to the hobby trying to get their bearings.

It's nice to get a fresh look at an older figure (more reviewers should do it, imo) and as someone who only recently picked up the 46, I really appreciated TJ's efforts in revisiting this one. Top work, sir.

Hope this gets a re-issue. I missed out the first time and not willing to pay $1000 bucks for it on eBay.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

I'm loving this thread being re-juvinated. He's my one and only Iron-Man, specifically hand picked from the many versions out there. Such a good figure. Loving the recent high quality photos too.

I agree on hindsight reviews, that's a great idea. Some figures are still awesome years after release, others meh only a few months after. Some have problems that crop up over time (pink panties, shield flaking).

The DCMK5 has seen a rise faster than any armor. For $344 retail, a complete bargain, as odd as that might sound.

The engineering on the 5 is unmatched imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The mark V. The one figure I’ll never get over not ordering. My #1 all time grail piece. I’ve seen it in person and the engineering it top notch.
I’d say the 46 is my 2nd most wanted. Have the 6 and 50 atm with 85 on PO.

The mark V. The one figure I’ll never get over not ordering. My #1 all time grail piece. I’ve seen it in person and the engineering it top notch.
I’d say the 46 is my 2nd most wanted. Have the 6 and 50 atm with 85 on PO.

I don’t believe for a second we’ve seen the last of any of these suits. Hot Toys has the molds, understands the market. The V I believe will get a reissue eventually.

8-249.png

The DCMK5 has seen a rise faster than any armor. For $344 retail, a complete bargain, as odd as that might sound.

The engineering on the 5 is unmatched imo.

Had 2 on order at one time, but canceled one because I had lost some money on some figures and didn't think I could resell it..... haha oh well, at least I got one for my collection.

I don’t believe for a second we’ve seen the last of any of these suits. Hot Toys has the molds, understands the market. The V I believe will get a reissue eventually.
I do hope that's the case (along with others like this one and the 47). I've come a bit late to the party and I'd love to get the chance to own some of these previous figures at reasonable prices.

With all the iron man’s the could revisit and remake in different styles, not sure why V would be one, this is already the second iteration, it already comes with battle damage accessories, what more could they add to justify making a bunch more? Or advertise to push not just those who don’t have one but those who do to buy a second piece?

With all the iron man’s the could revisit and remake in different styles, not sure why V would be one, this is already the second iteration, it already comes with battle damage accessories, what more could they add to justify making a bunch more? Or advertise to push not just those who don’t have one but those who do to buy a second piece?

I think people were hoping more for an IW Iron Man and Thor or Mk 43 type situation where they just resell the thing straight.

I just think it’s eventually going to get to a point where Hot Toys “vaults” popular items like Disney does & then after so many years, does a future rerelease as the market expands and new collectors enter.

If the Mark V is selling for $900-$1,000 today, certainly by 2020 or 2021 the price will rise. I just think there’s money to be had and Hot Toys will take advantage.

Who knows though. The company is still relatively young and it’s hard to say based on history. It’s unchartered territory.

I just think it’s eventually going to get to a point where Hot Toys “vaults” popular items like Disney does & then after so many years, does a future rerelease as the market expands and new collectors enter.

If the Mark V is selling for $900-$1,000 today, certainly by 2020 or 2021 the price will rise. I just think there’s money to be had and Hot Toys will take advantage.

Who knows though. The company is still relatively young and it’s hard to say based on history. It’s unchartered territory.

If future re-releases were to happen, cue angry collectors that get upset because their investment drops and that it undermines the entire point of "collecting."

If future re-releases were to happen, cue angry collectors that get upset because their investment drops and that it undermines the entire point of "collecting."

Yeah, but it’s just me projecting what I think. Meaningless in the grand scheme.

I’ll stop this tangent haha that I’ve been on.

Back to the 46 :).

Back