1/6 Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Iron Man Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m with u guys the 46 is my first IM and am big fan of CW. Had the 47 and although it looked great in pics mine sat for 3 months in closet. I must have not wanted it that bad so it’s now sold. But this 46 is gonna stay in my small CW collection with BW, WM 3, and the Capt.

Random question, am I the only one who can’t get the pole to screw in tightly to the base and still have it facing the right direction? Which I assume is angled over the base, not away from it, correct? Suggestions? Thought about trying some plumbers tape or something so it locks in place in the right orientation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mine was OK, but I did dismantle the stand to remove the "rubble" part of the base and discovered it's just a basic nut that the pole screws into. If you take the base apart you'll be able to pop the nut out and reposition it to get the correct orientation. There is no glue involved, just remove the screws from the underside of the base.

Changed the pose up. Phone camera distorts the portions. One of my favorite armors so far.

d9dd835f4510c5de3fbe0555ec2d0194.heic
e9821a6d7c674ef796b08b31d8fdbdc0.heic

Not really. There’s a little variation in each suit but not so much that you could tell without really trying.

Agreed and besides, the 46 & 42 have extendible ankles and legs that can pull down via different mechanisms on each (42 has the butt button and 46 legs pull down from the sockets).

My point is that they can easily be displayed together and look in scale thanks to those articulation points.

What's the likelihood of the Mark 46's aftermarket price dropping? Do the IM armors drop slightly in price when newer armors are released?

I regret not preordering this when I had the chance *argh*

I don't own the 42...but is it shorter than 46?

Yes. It's not noticeable unless they're on the same shelf, but the 42/43 is definitely shorter and has less visual mass than the 46. Partly due to armor designs and colors, and also due to just the age gap between the figures themselves.

What's the likelihood of the Mark 46's aftermarket price dropping? Do the IM armors drop slightly in price when newer armors are released?

I regret not preordering this when I had the chance *argh*

I think it’s likely that the price will come down in a year or two.

Back