1/6 Hot Toys - MMS350 - Captain America: Civil War - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I fiddled with mine last night and was able to get a decent museum pose.
View attachment 247861
View attachment 247862
View attachment 247863
View attachment 247864
Shoulders look much better. I snipped the undershirt straight down the middle in the front and back. I think that was the problem with this release. Undershirt was tailored too tightly and made the shoulders shrug.

Cool pics.

I just went with this pose for mine.

PD13965056082v5.jpg

However, the body in that picture looks nothing like the actual figure, as was mentioned.

You are right. While articulation on the stock Stealth figure was severely lacking, the lack of bulk in both the shoulders and chest was a much bigger problem, it turned a lot of people off.

Yeah initially it was, but if Motuxmen statistics are right, it seems more people now care about the lack of articulation. Nevertheless, I visited the thread not to long ago and people were still asking about buying a Cap that was modded on a different body. So it would seem that it is still a major issue.

There's a reason why the figure sat on shelves for so long.

What we saw here is not what we got.

PD13965056082v5.jpg

:exactly:

Obviously that was the major reason why people passed on it despite what the statistics in the thread show.

I am just glad they finally fixed body for this release.

Looks so much better than all the previous releases, looks less doll like because the clothing is not bulky and the suit is tight against the body to show off the muscles.

Last edited:
I was just thinking, when they release official pictures of the Mark 46 Ironman, its just gonna be a bunch of pics of Cap and Bucky kicking his @$$ :rotfl

Here my cap bash. AOU body. I think I'm going to add the fat suit underneath.
l4Q7hSJ.jpg

qkFw040.jpg

o60PFPV.jpg

i still think AOU cap has the best proportions

Here my cap bash. AOU body. I think I'm going to add the fat suit underneath.

TWS one looks good. But a little "long necked". Remove the headsculpt and fold up some small pieces of tissue, pushing them in the neck hole on either side to bulk up the shoulders to raise them up. Just a little bit at a time till they are raised up. If you don't like the look, just pull the tissue out again.

Looks good, AB! :clap

Definitely improves mass in the chest. However, it seems to me at least that the tailoring of the SS suit makes it look a little too tight in the shoulder area to where it looks like he's shrugging a bit.

Here my cap bash. AOU body.I think I'm going to add the fat suit underneath.
l4Q7hSJ.jpg

qkFw040.jpg

o60PFPV.jpg

If u do that, the chest will not bulge out. The fat suit distorts the natural appearance of the body, which is why when people remove it, the chest sticks out more and the abs go in.

The lateral muscles are still flat as pancakes though. The only difference between the AOU body and STRIKE suit one is that there are two chest plates on top of each other on AOU body, hence why the chest bulges out more than any other cap figure made. So other than that factor it is essentially the same scrawny body used on the other cap figures. This explains why there is little difference in putting the STRIKE suit on the AOU body, nevertheless, it is an improvement since the chest looks much better now. So the figure does look better now, any chance on seeing some profile shots of the body?

Last edited:
Sorry, but that doesn't look better. It looks very unnatural. Whatever faults the Aou or strike figures have stock they at least look normal. The way the WS suit looks in the above photos is not good. Like a kid trying to wear his dad's clothing. The differences are more then just the fat suit or body. The tailoring and design of the suits are different.

It looks way better stock. Sorry, not trying to be a jerk.

Sorry, but that doesn't look better. It looks very unnatural. Whatever faults the Aou or strike figures have stock they at least look normal.

Having the rectangular shaped torso with a totally flat chest like this is not normal.

attachment.php

The fat suit distorts the natural shape of the human anatomy because it prevents the chest from sticking out, whilst causing the shape of the torso to have a rectangular appearance.

This is normal.

View attachment 211169

The way the WS suit looks in the above photos is not good. Like a kid trying to wear his dad's clothing.

That's because the body is too scrawny for the suit but the rectangular shape torso now has a more natural appearance due to the the fat suit not being there.

The differences are more then just the fat suit or body. The tailoring and design of the suits are different.

It looks way better stock. Sorry, not trying to be a jerk.

Might look better as it is nice and neat and tight because of the fat suit but it doesn't look natural.

Last edited:
I'll post some more pics after I receive the fat suit. I'm actually pretty happy with it except that he has flat traps. I might just stuff some cotton in there. Anyway, how do you get the non-magnetic shields to sit on his back?

I'll post some more pics after I receive the fat suit. I'm actually pretty happy with it except that he has flat traps. I might just stuff some cotton in there. Anyway, how do you get the non-magnetic shields to sit on his back?

The SS figure comes with a little rectangular shaped, double edged clip where you slide one side of it into the back of the harness and you fold up one of the straps on the shield and slide it in the other side of the clip.

Having the rectangular shaped torso with a totally flat chest like this is not normal.

attachment.php

The fat suit distorts the natural shape of the human anatomy because it prevents the chest from sticking out, whilst causing the shape of the torso to have a rectangular appearance.

This is normal.

View attachment 211169

That's because the body is too scrawny for the suit but the rectangular shape torso now has a more natural appearance due to the the fat suit not being there.

Might look better as it is nice and neat and tight because of the fat suit but it doesn't look natural.

I think your confusing comic physique and reality. A flat chest is absolutely normal.

People seem to think that clothing over top of a Ripped body somehow follows the contour of the body super closely. Like if you have four layers of clothing, thick material, you will still show definition. Not the way it works In real life. A flat chest is natural. A chest that sticks out way beyond a tiny waist in a costume like Caps is not. Not even close. Look at the side view in the below suit. His chest appears to stick out until you notice the ab section is just as far out. And look at all the flat chested photos. And any time it is sticking out is due to the material and cut. Not his pecs.

image.jpg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

If it appears flat in one thin shirt how exactly would super thick costume material and layers of clothing not?
image.jpeg

The whole argument that the fat suit hides the "natural human" body is accurate and silly at the same time. EVERYTHING you wear does that. From a tshirt to a Carhart jacket (the closest material I can think of to the Cap suit). You lose that V shape. You don't have a tiny little waist up to this massive chest. It flattens it all out. And the stock figure looks a thousand times more realistic then the version he posted with this wide concave chest where the waist is uber tiny (the belt is loose and he looks like he even folded the suit a bit at the waist accidentally Becuase it's so loose). A square body is a lot more realistic then a V shape in clothing.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:
I think your confusing comic physique and reality. A flat chest is absolutely normal.

Ok bad choice of words, it's normal but it's inaccurate for Evans, what isn't normal however, is the shape of the torso. No one has a torso that is shaped like a refrigerator.

People seem to think that clothing over top of a Ripped body somehow follows the contour of the body super closely. Like if you have four layers of clothing, thick material, you will still show definition. Not the way it works In real life. A flat chest is natural. A chest that sticks out way beyond a tiny waist in a costume like Caps is not. Not even close. Look at the side view in the below suit. His chest appears to stick out until you notice the ab section is just as far out. And look at all the flat chested photos. And any time it is sticking out is due to the material and cut. Not his pecs.

View attachment 248842
View attachment 248843
View attachment 248846

If it appears flat in one thin shirt how exactly would super thick costume material and layers of clothing not?
View attachment 248844

I am not going to waste my time replying to this as it has nothing to do with the scrawny body they used for the STRIKE suit figure, as opposed to the bulky figure they used for the proto.

This picture below shows what the chest should have looked like.

Last edited:
The whole argument that the fat suit hides the "natural human" body is accurate and silly at the same time.

EVERYTHING you wear does that
. From a tshirt to a Carhart jacket (the closest material I can think of to the Cap suit). You lose that V shape. You don't have a tiny little waist up to this massive chest. It flattens it all out.

View attachment 248850

View attachment 248850

No it doesn't! OMG, this has got to one of the stupidest comments I have ever read!

I am talking about tight clothing that is tailored to accentuate your natural body shape. Not the casual wearing clothes that you posted.

Take a look at this picture, enuff said.

And the stock figure looks a thousand times more realistic then the version he posted with this wide concave chest where the waist is uber tiny (the belt is loose and he looks like he even folded the suit a bit at the waist accidentally Becuase it's so loose). A square body is a lot more realistic then a V shape in clothing.

This comment is so ridiculous that it is not worth responding to.

Last edited:
No it doesn't! OMG, this has got to one of the stupidest comments I have ever read!

I am talking about tight clothing that is tailored to accentuate your natural body shape. Not the casual wearing clothes that you posted.

Take a look at this picture, enuff said.

This comment is so ridiculous that it it worth responding to.

Would rep if i could.

So I finally broke down and pre-ordered this guy since I missed out on AoU Cap. He looks great so far! :D

I don't own any of the Hot Toys Cap's. Do they have an ear piece like he wears in the movies? I guess that question applies to any of the Avengers really.

Back