1/6 Hot Toys - MMS350 - Captain America: Civil War - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While the AOU cap looks good as it has a bigger chest and is big overall, it lacks the natural shape of the muscles because it is only the padding in the suit that made it bigger and not the body.

That's how the screen used costume was as well. There's shoulder padding in there to help make Evans broader.

Personally I think the shoulders are laughably wide

So was the AoU costume on Evans in the film, see below. It got laughable on some angles but overall I still think it's a good look.

cap%20aou%202_zpsnxssowcw.png

cap%20aou_zpso9lsmsde.png

The Atlanta set photos of the CW suit don't seem to be as broad in the shoulders but could also be the camera or reducing the padding for certain stunts. I would imagine the hero shots of the costume would look similar to the AoU pics above, classic superhero proportions and all.

civil-war-crossfalconpics-02.jpg

That's how the screen used costume was as well. There's shoulder padding in there to help make Evans broader.

Regardless, of what padding was used in the costume, the bottom line is that up until now the body used for Cap figures was too puny as it had a flat chest, practically no shape to the lateral or deltoid muscles, which is an inaccurate to Evan's body shape.

Regardless, of what padding was used in the costume, the bottom line is that up until now the body used for Cap figures was too puny as it had a flat chest, practically no shape to the lateral or deltoid muscles, which is an inaccurate to Evan's body shape.

Hold up, the Cap costume on Evans has never had a protruding chest. He's a built guy, but he's no Rock. I actually find that all of the HT Cap figures are pretty spot on in the chest area, it's usually the shoulders and traps that've been hit or miss.

PS: Lats and deltoids are not considered chest muscles :wink1:

Hold up, the Cap costume on Evans has never had a protruding chest. He's a built guy, but he's no Rock.

Well the chest looked too flat on the WS cap, which is why people were doing everything they could to bulk it up on the WS figure. The chest actually protrudes a lot on the AOU figure, due to the amount of padding they put into it, but that is perhaps too much.

I actually find that all of the HT Cap figures are pretty spot on in the chest area, it's usually the shoulders and traps that've been hit or miss.

And lats, which is why it lacked the V shape.

I guess I should have said no lateral or deltoid muscles and no pecs, so you wouldn't assume that I meant the lats and delts are muscles of the chest then? :dunno

Last edited:
All good, I was just taken back when you said the chest area has been inaccurate when I feel like that's something HT has gotten right. Sounds like we're on the same page regarding the other torso issues.

All good, I was just taken back when you said the chest area has been inaccurate when I feel like that's something HT has gotten right.

Maybe you are right and they got the chest right as looks accurate on the Steve Rogers figure when just the shirt is on. The WS suit was probably the problem that made the chest look too flat when it was applied to cap's body. All I know is that people kept complaining about the chest on that figure and there were a lot of mods done on the pectoral area of the figure to make it bulge out more.

Sounds like we're on the same page regarding the other torso issues.

Sure does. :hi5:

Hold up, the Cap costume on Evans has never had a protruding chest. He's a built guy, but he's no Rock. I actually find that all of the HT Cap figures are pretty spot on in the chest area, it's usually the shoulders and traps that've been hit or miss.

I would agree with this.

There's no doubt that Chris Evans is muscular, but he's also very lean. Henry Cavill as Superman, for instance, has more muscle bulk than he does. Chris is naturally a lean guy. He's stated before that his co-stars were envious of him because he could still eat junk food while filming and not gain any weight. While being muscular in each film, I actually felt his best physique was in TFA. He didn't seem to have that same muscularity in each subsequent film. Still undoubtedly a muscular physique, but it just didn't seem like it was to the point that it was TFA.

For me, the figures with the two best and most accurate physiques thus far are the Steve Rogers figure and AoU Cap.

I don't think the problem with the WS figure had much to do with the shape of the body. It was about the lack of articulation.

Listed in the product specs so don't think it's spolier territory. In all likelihood we wont see the helmet like that anyways and it will be just like the aou mk43 red eyes helm!

Wasn't saying too soon as spoiler, but too soon to be joking about Crossbones.... o_O

J

The problem with STRIKE cap was the tailoring, the body is the same as AoU and Im sure Civil War. I doubt the STRIKE suit can be made to look like AoU/CW.

The body is not the same.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Perhaps they just made the body slightly wider in that case? The specs do list AoU and CW Cap as being the same height and I believe the MoS body is taller than AoU Cap.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

I don't think he needs to be taller. The description says new to match body type and muscles. Nothing said about height so no reason to think they did or would want to change that.

And the mos body everyone seems to use as some massive body..it's not. See below image. Says same thing as cap..

And given both descriptions of height say "approximately" you can't say they are the same height at this point.

image.jpg

I don't think he needs to be taller. The description says new to match body type and muscles. Nothing said about height so no reason to think they did or would want to change that.

(And the mos body everyone seems to use as some massive body..it's not.)

And given both descriptions of height say "approximately" you can't say they are the same height at this point.

I didn't say it's definitive that they're the same height being that I don't have both figures in hand, so I personally don't know. I said the specs list them as being the same height being that each one says "Approximately 31 cm tall". So just going by that, they are the same height as far as the given specs are concerned.

Back