1/6 Hot Toys MMS239 Black Widow The Winter Soldier Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
10815858_10204326892627667_1824607779_n.jpg

My curiosity has been satisfied, the suit could take ... but almost two hours late! and carefully, the belt and the emblem off and put back but were ...

Haha that'd be cool to have both versions actually but I think I'm gonna go with a silver version first. I'm so paranoid about the figure arriving this time around that I'm constantly checking the tracking info just to see if it updates...this is gonna be a long and honestly kind of stressful wait due to how much these figures are. I sincerely hope it arrives since it might take 3 weeks or more.

I'd have to say that one of the more painful parts of this whole ordeal was that I paid 30 bucks over retail to get this early from Hong Kong. That wasn't the case. I did pre order Star-Lord and the die cast Mark III from animators and hopefully they too don't let me down when it comes to ordering straight from Chinese stores.

Is it being sent via airmail? Even with customs, I don't think it should take that long.

And was this your first time importing a figure early? There's more of a wait from Sideshow, but it is easier to deal with their customer service in case something comes up. And some recent figures (Mark XLII and Spider-Man) suggest that Sideshow even gets "fixed" versions of the figures after QC complaints from the initial Hong Kong release.

Is it being sent via airmail? Even with customs, I don't think it should take that long.

And was this your first time importing a figure early? There's more of a wait from Sideshow, but it is easier to deal with their customer service in case something comes up. And some recent figures (Mark XLII and Spider-Man) suggest that Sideshow even gets "fixed" versions of the figures after QC complaints from the initial Hong Kong release.

I actually have no idea if it's sent by airmail or not. I think it's EMS whatever that is.

Nah this actually isn't the first time I've had a figure imported early. I had Avengers Thor, Coulson and Loki all shipped early from this seller with no problems at all.

This has just been the first time that the package got lost in the mail had to send me a new one. And I hate to say it but having to wait as long as I am has kinda made me lose the excitement for getting her, unfortunately. I hope that'll change when the tracking info shows that it's on the way here to the States.

And the reason I can't pre order from sideshow is because PayPal is my main form of payment and Sideshow doesn't allow that unless the figure is in stock. So it's a gamble to either wait and hope the pre order doesn't sell out or just man up and order it from anther trusted seller of mine which is Alter Ego Comics, or hell, even my local comic book store. Which is what I think I'm going to be ordering from now on.

I actually have no idea if it's sent by airmail or not. I think it's EMS whatever that is.

Nah this actually isn't the first time I've had a figure imported early. I had Avengers Thor, Coulson and Loki all shipped early from this seller with no problems at all.

This has just been the first time that the package got lost in the mail had to send me a new one. And I hate to say it but having to wait as long as I am has kinda made me lose the excitement for getting her, unfortunately. I hope that'll change when the tracking info shows that it's on the way here to the States.

And the reason I can't pre order from sideshow is because PayPal is my main form of payment and Sideshow doesn't allow that unless the figure is in stock. So it's a gamble to either wait and hope the pre order doesn't sell out or just man up and order it from anther trusted seller of mine which is Alter Ego Comics, or hell, even my local comic book store. Which is what I think I'm going to be ordering from now on.

EMS is an express mailing service. I used to get packages from Japan via EMS that took about a week or two to arrive, so I'd expect shipments from China to take a similar length of time. Still, I can see how you'd be much less excited about it after having to pay more to wait so long for it to arrive (and get lost along the way).

Sideshow only takes Paypal for preorders where they can calculate the exact shipping cost (like the Cap 2-pack), which doesn't help since they don't charge flat shipping for new preorders anymore. Other than EX releases, I don't think any recent (as in late 2013 to 2014) Hot Toys figures have sold out before shipping. There was a time (before I started collecting) when their figures might sell out at preorders, but I don't think that's as big of a worry these days with the large production runs. Sideshow's even throwing discounts all over the place just to clear out inventory. So it looks pretty safe to wait to order these figures for now, but that's just my observation. It may well be easier to order from your comic store (mine doesn't sell any Hot Toys figures).

I'm very happy with Scar Jo as Widow. I think it's a great casting. Plus... she's hot.

:lecture :lecture :lecture :hi5:

Yes, she is uber hot indeed! She is also a great actress to start off with. I'm happy she got the role. Can't wait for AOU!

I'm buying the AOU widow for sure, and if it has a set with the bike...put me down for that as well!

That would be cool to have a BW with motocycle set! :rock

And now I'm getting worried again. :/

The tracking information won't display now. One site says the tracking can't be found. If this doesn't update in a week, I'll message them again, and apparently this should arrive in two weeks according to other people talking about shipping from them. This is such an annoying situation. Sorry for all the complaining and ranting guys, but this is just so ridiculous.

Just got this today and figured I'd add a few pics to the thread. Nothing special, just cell phone stuff. One of these days I'm gonna have to invest in a light box...

I really like the look of her with the big PSG1 rifle, but I generally tend to prefer my figures to stay a little more true to the movie they are representing, so I'll probably end up switching it out for the pistols or maybe a pistol and an armed Widow's Bite.

I've got Stealth Cap and Winter Soldier on order and can't wait to add them to the shelf.

It's kind of funny, the second pic makes the rifle barrel look like it droops down, but it's just lens distortion. :lol

IMG_2500_zpscd8eb4d9.jpg

IMG_2504_zpsd201c7ec.jpg

IMG_2506_zpsd75a56a2.jpg

Holy **** I just received this AND Black Widow today. That's a first. Two figures in one day is crazy for me. XD

I finally received it though! I can't to start doing paint work on the Widow's Bites though!

14de6738e247253f2f61c065a259b491.jpg

Back