1/6 Hot Toys MMS239 Black Widow The Winter Soldier Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy ALIEN DAY! :lol

2h5i2ic.jpg

Excellent pics! :clap

I just got rid of this figure to buy either the CW one or some future release of her myself. I still like her, but I like the CW one more.

I'm finally gonna be trying a hair mod on my WS BW soon. Just waiting for the spare sculpt to show up, could be at least a month with snail mail. Anyway the stock hair doesn't seem long enough or red enough so I'm hoping my spare scultp can fix that.

In the mean time I wanted to post some current pics and show that you can get that annoying curl out of the bottom. Unfortunately I can never get pics as good as I feel it looks in hand, but hope you enjoy anyway :)

RbqQswG.jpg

oFjGQ2l.jpg

8VcsHU8.jpg

Kpv26R6.jpg

EJa5uwY.jpg

I'm finally gonna be trying a hair mod on my WS BW soon. Just waiting for the spare sculpt to show up, could be at least a month with snail mail. Anyway the stock hair doesn't seem long enough or red enough so I'm hoping my spare scultp can fix that.

In the mean time I wanted to post some current pics and show that you can get that annoying curl out of the bottom. Unfortunately I can never get pics as good as I feel it looks in hand, but hope you enjoy anyway :)

Good job!

I would like to ask about changing hands... It's impossible for me to change the gun hands. Do you know any trick to put other hands without to break something??? Thanks.

Excellent pics! :clap

I just got rid of this figure to buy either the CW one or some future release of her myself. I still like her, but I like the CW one more.

I like the CW one as well. The costume looks like a slightly improved version of this one. I'm so happy they ditched the ridiculous piping from the AOU costume, that thing was a travesty.

As much as I like this figure, I might swap the body for a CW one in the future.

Thanks!

Did you have luck swapping the hands? I know mine were tough as well, I pulled the arm out of the socket once and had one of those tiny wrist pegs break.

I'll try it again in a new photoshoot. Maybe tomorrow, but I have been reading about it and the more secure "trick" is using our teeth. :lol

Good luck!

I've been seriously considering getting the WS Widow, but I don't like the headsculpt nearly as much as the CW version. Has anyone else tried out the knockoffs of the new CW headsculpt with the Winter Soldier hair that have been floating around online (example: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Pre...r-12inch-Phicen-Jodoll-Kumik/32757732637.html)?

I'm thinking about picking it and the WS figure up, because I really like that outfit and that movie was the best use of the character yet...but I don't love the headsculpt (it seems to really resemble ScarJo from some angles but is more Natalie Portman from others, and the expression is a little dead-eyed). I really like the CW sculpt, but I'm always wary of promo shots vs. in-hand (especially with knock-offs), and I was hoping someone who has this would be able to post pics or at least give some feedback on how good the actual production piece looks.

Hey guys, I've been looking around for the "OneSixthKit 1/6 Scale Agent N Smart Casual Wear", but to no avail. Anyone know where I can find a set?

I wish Hot Toys produced an official version of the outfit, as it was a pretty important scene and the Hot Toys civilian Steve Rogers has no partner.

Oh, and what do you guys think of the new Civil War Black Widow sculpt compared to this one? I prefer the hair in the TWS one, but I can't seem to tell which sculpt is more on point by looking at photos alone.

Hey guys, I've been looking around for the "OneSixthKit 1/6 Scale Agent N Smart Casual Wear", but to no avail. Anyone know where I can find a set?

I wish Hot Toys produced an official version of the outfit, as it was a pretty important scene and the Hot Toys civilian Steve Rogers has no partner.

Oh, and what do you guys think of the new Civil War Black Widow sculpt compared to this one? I prefer the hair in the TWS one, but I can't seem to tell which sculpt is more on point by looking at photos alone.

Having both in hand, I think the Civil War sculpt blows this one away.

4c4a57b071d4b06d2d1c3529ec7eab2c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While looking around for a head sculpt, I stumbled upon this:

15192675_1624933427572109_3230498305664472199_n.jpg

Damn, it really is Scarlett Johansson today. (Civil War sculpt with Ghost in the Shell hair.)

I just really prefer TWS hair. Seems more practical and in line with the current Black Widow comics (which are REALLY REALLY GOOD, by the way). I found this, which seems to be a combination of the Civil War sculpt and TWS hair: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/In-..._9&btsid=2d3da237-400b-4c5e-b04c-998e58f98f98

I decided to place an order. We'll see how it turns out.

I'm still looking for those TWS civilian clothes, though ):

A heads-up for those who are trying to get a better, screen-accurate Natasha head using the Civil War headsculpt:

So I've been working on putting together the pieces for a custom civilian WS Natasha to go with my WS civvie Steve in highway battle outfit. I originally also wanted her highway battle outfit (the Agent N Casual and Smart Wear outfit) but that appears to be unavailable for love or money, so I am electing to do the leather blazer ending outfit until I can find the other available for less than an arm and a leg. I'm still waiting on the body and clothes to arrive, but I have been trying to get the head worked out, given that I like the CW headsculpt WAY better than the WS one but want the straighter hair.

My first attempt was with that Aliexpress seller mentioned earlier in the thread; instead of receiving that head, I received a standard knockoff WS/AOU head, which is not what I wanted...but it did have the appropriate hair. (And just for future reference, Aliexpress was good at giving me a partial refund when I uploaded obviously differing pictures of what was advertised and what I received.)

I had also previously purchased a knockoff CW headsculpt that I had been debating trying to straighten the hair of and cut to get the proper WS look. Strangely, I actually think that though the knockoff's paint job is not as adept as the Hot Toys version, it looks slightly more like ScarJo, and the darker lip is actually pretty accurate for that ending scene.

So attempt 2 was detaching each of those two heads from its corresponding scalp/hair, and then trying to combine the CW headsculpt with the WS hair. Unfortunately, the two heads are slightly different sizes (which I had been aware of, at least), so they don't quite fit perfectly; the forehead sticks up further in front of the hairline than it should. That said, just by gently placing the hair on the head, I think the result came out pretty well as a representation of Natasha in that ending scene. (I'm gonna get some kind of Blu-tac or something to let me firmly reposition the hair so that it can get some height and looks right and stays right.) You can see my crappy iPhone photo of Frankenwidow here, resting atop the Civil War body (while I styled the official head's hair):

Frankenstein head.jpg

I was, however, still eyeing that Aliexpress head that I hadn't been able to get, and I did hear/see that others had received a head closer to what was advertised. Since I saw it on eBay, I figured I would try to see if I could get the head via that route. It arrived today, and it's actually pretty good...except that the skintone seems noticeably darker to me even than the standard Hot Toys "suntan" skintone. She does have the paler lip - which is more accurate to WS - so I am not sure whether that is what is making the skintone look darker in comparison or whether it actually is. All of my official HT figures are on display at my office at work, so I don't have them to compare with today. Does it seem darker, or am I on crack? (Warning for another crappy phone pic.)

Ebay head.jpg

That said, the hair is definitely more accurate for Natasha's hair through most of WS (which isn't quite 100% stick-straight but doesn't have the full inward curl at the bottom that Hot Toys gave her). So I figure when I am eventually able to do my Highway Battle Natasha, I will see whether the darker skintone bugs me too much (or if it is in fact even darker); if it does, I'll do a repaint, and hopefully my repaint skills are a little stronger by then.

Hope this helps anybody who is looking at either of these head options!

Back