1/6 Hot Toys MMS239 Black Widow The Winter Soldier Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like I got one of the good ones then. The Aliexpress head I received is in fact darker than the WS head sculpt. The hair sits on the shoulders much better but the neck peg is a little too tight for the WS body.

The picture above pretty much says it all when it comes to the face. I feel like a fresh coat of paint (eg. skin tone, lips) would really make the sculpt sing. If the CW one shows up at my LCS I may just cave and pick her up, scalp her and give a hair transplant from the AliExpress head.

Yeah, I am debating doing something similar too whenever I do finally get ahold of the highway battle outfit - getting another CW sculpt, painting the lips paler to be screen-accurate, then scalping it and using the hair from this head.

A heads-up for those who are trying to get a better, screen-accurate Natasha head using the Civil War headsculpt:

So I've been working on putting together the pieces for a custom civilian WS Natasha to go with my WS civvie Steve in highway battle outfit. I originally also wanted her highway battle outfit (the Agent N Casual and Smart Wear outfit) but that appears to be unavailable for love or money, so I am electing to do the leather blazer ending outfit until I can find the other available for less than an arm and a leg. I'm still waiting on the body and clothes to arrive, but I have been trying to get the head worked out, given that I like the CW headsculpt WAY better than the WS one but want the straighter hair.

My first attempt was with that Aliexpress seller mentioned earlier in the thread; instead of receiving that head, I received a standard knockoff WS/AOU head, which is not what I wanted...but it did have the appropriate hair. (And just for future reference, Aliexpress was good at giving me a partial refund when I uploaded obviously differing pictures of what was advertised and what I received.)

I had also previously purchased a knockoff CW headsculpt that I had been debating trying to straighten the hair of and cut to get the proper WS look. Strangely, I actually think that though the knockoff's paint job is not as adept as the Hot Toys version, it looks slightly more like ScarJo, and the darker lip is actually pretty accurate for that ending scene.

So attempt 2 was detaching each of those two heads from its corresponding scalp/hair, and then trying to combine the CW headsculpt with the WS hair. Unfortunately, the two heads are slightly different sizes (which I had been aware of, at least), so they don't quite fit perfectly; the forehead sticks up further in front of the hairline than it should. That said, just by gently placing the hair on the head, I think the result came out pretty well as a representation of Natasha in that ending scene. (I'm gonna get some kind of Blu-tac or something to let me firmly reposition the hair so that it can get some height and looks right and stays right.) You can see my crappy iPhone photo of Frankenwidow here, resting atop the Civil War body (while I styled the official head's hair):

I was, however, still eyeing that Aliexpress head that I hadn't been able to get, and I did hear/see that others had received a head closer to what was advertised. Since I saw it on eBay, I figured I would try to see if I could get the head via that route. It arrived today, and it's actually pretty good...except that the skintone seems noticeably darker to me even than the standard Hot Toys "suntan" skintone. She does have the paler lip - which is more accurate to WS - so I am not sure whether that is what is making the skintone look darker in comparison or whether it actually is. All of my official HT figures are on display at my office at work, so I don't have them to compare with today. Does it seem darker, or am I on crack? (Warning for another crappy phone pic.)

That said, the hair is definitely more accurate for Natasha's hair through most of WS (which isn't quite 100% stick-straight but doesn't have the full inward curl at the bottom that Hot Toys gave her). So I figure when I am eventually able to do my Highway Battle Natasha, I will see whether the darker skintone bugs me too much (or if it is in fact even darker); if it does, I'll do a repaint, and hopefully my repaint skills are a little stronger by then.

Hope this helps anybody who is looking at either of these head options!

No your correct in the darker skin tone. I bought same one you did and on top of that it had glue residue in her hair that was really stiff lol. Here was mine:
IMG_3192.jpg
IMG_3195.jpg
IMG_3191.jpg

It's a shame because the sculpt I think is on point but the details in the color are all off. I ended up returning it to the eBay seller. I asked him why the skin was so dark and he said that it was designed for the Phicen S09C suntan skin body so that may explain a bit. Thankfully this was my 2nd KO sculpt and still have the long haired version on my HT A1 body so I'm happy with that.
IMG_3238.JPG
IMG_3237.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is my custom Winter Soldier ending version of Natasha, using the CW headsculpt with the WS hair and the Pop Toys leather blazer outfit:

blazerwidow.jpg

(If anyone is curious about the details, there are more in my post about it on the Marvel customs thread.)

No your correct in the darker skin tone. I bought same one you did and on top of that it had glue residue in her hair that was really stiff lol.

It's a shame because the sculpt I think is on point but the details in the color are all off. I ended up returning it to the eBay seller. I asked him why the skin was so dark and he said that it was designed for the Phicen S09C suntan skin body so that may explain a bit. Thankfully this was my 2nd KO sculpt and still have the long haired version on my HT A1 body so I'm happy with that.

Hmm, got in a BW sculpt today - probably the same KO. IMO a nice sculpt, well-painted, but tan. Not sure - may try to lighten the paint - maybe add a bit of gloss to the mouth.

No your correct in the darker skin tone. I bought same one you did and on top of that it had glue residue in her hair that was really stiff lol. Here was mine:
View attachment 319460
View attachment 319461
View attachment 319462

View attachment 319463
View attachment 319464

That head is the custom head? It looks great on Avengers 1 Widow. Does the head perfectly fit in the peg?

That head is the custom head? It looks great on Avengers 1 Widow. Does the head perfectly fit in the peg?

Thanks, yeah its a custom. Here is the listing: https://www.ebay.com/itm/ZC-TOYS-1-6-Scarlett-Johansson-Black-Widow-Head-Sculpt-Model-For-12-Female-Body/131973009491?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D41376%26meid%3D33781b13ac1444aab8bdf61c46189b57%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D262835538586

There are a few good customs of BW now this seems to be a slightly altered sculpt than the recast Civil War head but works out fine because I like it a little better.
This head comes with the right attachment piece for the neck joint. However it has a deeper void inside than the A1 Widow so you'll have to pack it with something to fill the space so the head sits right on the neck. I chose to use museum putty and works really well. The piece that is inside the head that attaches to the A1 neck peg isn't glued in so you can remove it from the head and place it on the neck peg by itself. Fill the KO head with museum putty (or whatever material you want) so that it sits at the desired height you want and then place back on the neck peg with attachment. Sorry for such a lengthy description but its fairly simple once you do it. Overall I'm happy with the results and don't feel I need any other BW figures now.

Amazing! Thanks! I found a parted out civil war headsculpt on eBay and I'm gonna put it on my Age of Ultron Natasha. I'm going to cut and curl the hair though because I prefer Natasha with short hair. The new headsculpts are awesome so no need to waste money on a new Widow.

I still really dig that sculpt in the top few pictures. It's pretty darn near identical to her TWS likeness.

I totally agree on the likeness it was pretty spot on. Was just very disappointed when I put it on my A1 body and looked ridiculous. Sometimes you can get away with a few shades off but this was bad lol.

The ankles are your limfac - I have my CW Widow who has similar boots like that.

You can get the hips like that, but the ankle pivot is severely hindered.

I wonder has anyone made a comparison pic with all the different heads next to each others? There seems to be so many versions available. Many are very nice looking.

I wonder has anyone made a comparison pic with all the different heads next to each others? There seems to be so many versions available. Many are very nice looking.

There is 4, IM2, Avengers, WS/AoU and CW/IW. the CW/IW has the best likeness.

They’re all pretty good. IM2 is a poor figure all around and AoU simply has a mediocre sculpt. The rest in my opinion are pretty strong.

Back