1/6 Hot Toys MMS239 Black Widow The Winter Soldier Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After scratch IM Mk 7 from my shopping cart (MISB First Release, too afraid the battery already leaked) this figure is next on my bucket list. My only concern is the material of her costum. is it cloth, is it pleather or real leather. Can anybody enlighten me ?

After scratch IM Mk 7 from my shopping cart (MISB First Release, too afraid the battery already leaked) this figure is next on my bucket list. My only concern is the material of her costum. is it cloth, is it pleather or real leather. Can anybody enlighten me ?

Far as I know HT never used real leather? (Just as well IMO as China was rumored to use "leather" from what we think of as pet animals kept in vicious conditions for pet toys sold in U.S. These days IMO cheaper thin leather - geez, you don't know what it is....leather stretches and can mold too.)

Anyway it's a strong knit with pleather/vinyl panels. I know it's strong coz have used one I de-costumed and it was a struggle to get suit off. Great fig - my "perfect" one looks like it came right out the box (kept behind glass in cool conditions tho). She's got some limits on articulation re the tight, strong knit. But I'm biased 'coz I really like the 3 Widows I have so far (TWS, Ultron, CW). To me the TWS Widow has the most badass sleek-Russian-Hydra-spy vibe.

BW_TWS.jpg

Far as I know HT never used real leather? (Just as well IMO as China was rumored to use "leather" from what we think of as pet animals kept in vicious conditions for pet toys sold in U.S. These days IMO cheaper thin leather - geez, you don't know what it is....leather stretches and can mold too.)

Anyway it's a strong knit with pleather/vinyl panels. I know it's strong coz have used one I de-costumed and it was a struggle to get suit off. Great fig - my "perfect" one looks like it came right out the box (kept behind glass in cool conditions tho). She's got some limits on articulation re the tight, strong knit. But I'm biased 'coz I really like the 3 Widows I have so far (TWS, Ultron, CW). To me the TWS Widow has the most badass sleek-Russian-Hydra-spy vibe.

View attachment 430746

Thank you for your kindly reply, that most badass sleek-Russian-Hydra-spy vibe also the reason why TWS Black Widow was on my top list. About posing, well, in my fourth year for owning T800 only change the pose for two times, yet articulation still important so I can pose it the way I want before leave it that way for a long time until I have an inspiration on how should I pose the figure next. Btw Terminator T800 DX 10 and the Battle Damage DX 13 using real leather fortunately mine never stretch nor grew mold...

Stumble across this, just such a nasty rip on her suit. I don't know what happened... 17678073_efaa41e9-47d4-4090-af70-acbab59c72aa_1280_960.jpeg 17678073_e638d549-9042-4847-9732-1176e2008766_1280_960.jpeg 17678073_bcb84567-1ed2-435f-b4fc-dd4798f59f4a_1280_960.jpeg

I had no idea, the seller only stated the minus condition, not the reason why it got that peeling...

can only put it off by using protectants but I doubt HT is using quality pleather(is there such a thing?). Im thinking of purging all my figures with pleather before they start peeling so I guess Ill be left with just Iron Men

The figure is not mine, and have no chance to chat the seller yet. I noticed it only peel on one side and one part. My best guess is extreme sunlight exposure. Perhaps the cubicle of the seller is right beside the window...

The figure is not mine, and have no chance to chat the seller yet. I noticed it only peel on one side and one part. My best guess is extreme sunlight exposure. Perhaps the cubicle of the seller is right beside the window...

For me - just sayin' I'd only give a few bucks for this unless it was insect damage. 'Coz this is a 4,5 year old fig? If it was strong sunlight the whole fig got a dose. Plus, plastics slowly degrade even in best conditions. Having de-costumed her - the torso is rubber so I wouldn't keep BW in warm temps (knowing HT isn't particularly known for its great use of rubber *cough* Gamora arms *cough*.

Broke my own "no figure over 3 years old" rule more than once:monkey3 but those were sealed figs from great sellers (one being Timecent on the bay). Even then hoping sealed figs weren't kept in a hot warehouse/attic etc.

W. some of these figs - like this Natasha - I'd only pick up new/sealed or a really good deal w. a well-kept fig. I've gone cheaper time to time. Was a bit of a painful learning lesson:horror - not too bad, but I learned - I was happier in the long run just paying the higher cost for quality.

Good luck!

FYI, the seller ask around US$120 for that BW, while for US$ 160 I could have the MISB one. I have no interest to buy that damaged figure, just curious what causing it, so I can avoid the same experience...

FYI, the seller ask around US$120 for that BW, while for US$ 160 I could have the MISB one. I have no interest to buy that damaged figure, just curious what causing it, so I can avoid the same experience...

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I waz thinking more like 10-15$ if there were any *usable* parts. Maybe the pegs, guns, belt etc.

I have no interest to buy that damaged figure, just curious what causing it, so I can avoid the same experience...

This is a common problem with Hot Toys figures that have that awful cheap pleather. It's the main reason why I ended up selling most of mine.

Last edited:
Well, the only person that will be very happy with this condition (no Iron Man Mk 7 because of the fear of battery leakage and no BW because of future pleather peeling) is...

My Wife

Lol

This is a common problem with Hot Toys figures that have that awful cheap pleather. It's the main reason why I ended up selling most of mine.

Don't say that:horror...I have a SW Ultron promo edition on the way $$$. In her shiny, shiny red pleather. Not to mention Loki...:devil

Hot_toys_blackwidows.jpg

Luv all my sexy badass girls in their tight black pleather:love. My fav MCU female character. So far so good re any issues. Right now I worry about my Rescue Cap jacket more than anything. My BP and TWS Bucky holding up - so far. I figure past 7, 8 years if issues crop up - well, HT uses cheap glue in my experience - I'll get in there and deal with it. Rather use my own adhesives anyway.

Does the fabric part of Black Widow suit for The Age of Ultron dan The Winter Soldier had the same material ?
45617318_10155679027100264_3419166397115138048_n.jpg45695773_10155679027135264_9142337063520043008_n.jpg45841128_10155679027155264_5074331851078762496_n.jpg

Wow!

I haven't seen AOU Widow in hand, but my TWS version looks great. No issues with her whatsoever.

The material on AOU Widow looks different to me in texture.

Do you guys handle them a lot or something? I still have my A1 BW with no issues, and she’s my most handled BW figure because of head swaps I’ve done. But she’s still fine. No peeling.

Do you guys handle them a lot or something? I still have my A1 BW with no issues, and she’s my most handled BW figure because of head swaps I’ve done. But she’s still fine. No peeling.

Don't handle my figs daily but mess around with them time to time, sure. These are the worst damage pics of BW I've seen. So far all my pleather figs from TWS to BP to BW to SW to Rescue Cap look fine. I wouldn't even mind having duplicates of some of these but prices for most 10-year figs is way up right now.:horror

Back