Hot Toys - MMS196 - The Avengers: Battle Damaged Mark VII (Movie Promo Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not just you, the eyes do look big but its just the shadows. Also, this is a prototype, so things could change...

head looks awful there IMO. not so sure thats the proto either...

is it possible they'll give collectors whatever head sculpt they have leftover? :lol could it be battle damaged figures are assembly line rejects with different packaging? :horror

Is it just me or does the eyes look quite big in some angles..?????...especially front view.......

+1

If it was a bit more tapered towards the nose bridge, it would make the eyes look better. Have we seen a proper pic of this fellow with the eyes lit up?

TA_MarkVII_zps59eae212.png

I only started collecting in August, but ive read it used to be the norm that many people would wait until in hand pics to place thier orders. Now it seems, you just have to preorder early and take it good or bad, because you cant po it anymore . Sure, some figures dont sell out, but now its very common with popular figures.

In my opinion, these latest pictures of him are the final piece. Mostly because the battle damage doesn't look QUITE as nice, but especially the Chitauri. If you look closely, the new pictures of the Chitauri base seem to have a much simpler paint job now. The prototype had a nicely detailed, almost stretched skin look to his back. Now it looks like a brown cloudy sprayed look. I was really hoping for the paint in the prototype. That was part of my reason for getting the figure, so I wouldn't have to get a full Chitauri later. I just wanted to show who my Avengers are fighting against in my display; and this base is the perfect way to do that.
It seems too close to the release for them not to have a final piece done yet.

+1

If it was a bit more tapered towards the nose bridge, it would make the eyes look better. Have we seen a proper pic of this fellow with the eyes lit up?

TA_MarkVII_zps59eae212.png

13051100095e7b3b5ea3e47571.jpg

Yeah, the big dumb eyes and mouth completely eliminate any interest I could possibly have in this figure.

I still can't believe I missed out on this one. I wait listed but didn't get a chance until a few days later. I dought it will convert with the number of people I have read that also wait listed. :(

i waitlisted about three hours after the waitlist opened on saturday. slim chance but still a chance. :pray:

Thread cleaned up, many pages of back and forth removed.

Please stop the trade/sell talk of this figure. When it's released and you have one in hand and then decide you want to trade or sell yours, then by all means do it in the Commerce area. So there is an area for it (when you have the piece in hand) so please leave it out of this thread.
Anyone that is actively seeking this piece, start a thread in the WTB area and leave it at that.

May I suggest some peeps make use of the ignore function if you don't like someone's posts/attitude or general comments, that's what it is there for.

Thanks.
x :duff

13051100095e7b3b5ea3e47571.jpg

Yeah, the big dumb eyes and mouth completely eliminate any interest I could possibly have in this figure.

If that is the production model, I have to say its very disappointing.
Regarding the eyes, the publicity shots with Feige signing boxes had the same silly eyes. It's not a camera, shadow thing.

Back