Hot Toys - MMS196 - The Avengers: Battle Damaged Mark VII (Movie Promo Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, the eyes are wrong, I hope its a diff one we get.

doubtful. the production pics normally aren't dramatically different than the release. usually a head sculpt. i'm thinking maybe this figure isn't all it's cracked up to be. again i always wondered if battle damaged meant factory line flawed. :lol

those eyes and face plate do look kinda bad

it's battle damaged!!!

bobs-burgers-kristen-schaal.jpg

This conversation about the eyes being too big was created to get people to cancel their pre orders...lol...IMO

People are saying the eyes are too big becasue of that ONE image?? :lol

Yeah, no way I cancel my pre-order on this guy! :yess:

you might want to have two images on the same angle when comparing eye size. they are inset which messes with prescriptive a crazy amount. also lighting plays a huge amount on how much depth there is in an object when its is a dark shiny surface.

Hot Toys has made how many Iron Man armors now? I really don't think they are going to bug eye this figure, its the angle on the lens and the eyeblack.

Wow 3 pages of bug eyes is so stimulating for this thread.:rotfl
We will be scraping the bottom of the barrell till this dood comes for sure.

On topic, I really hope I can score a backpack, I want to weather the crap out of it so I can use this version in my Dio and the Mark VII clean in the HOA.

But most importantly I hope the backpack fits!:cuss

Hot Toys has made how many Iron Man armors now? I really don't think they are going to bug eye this figure, its the angle on the lens and the eyeblack.

Wow 3 pages of bug eyes is so stimulating for this thread.:rotfl
We will be scraping the bottom of the barrell till this dood comes for sure.

I don't know why this thread gets all the traffic it does, for all the people who claim they weren't able to get one, what's there to talk about?:dunno

Yeah, the big dumb eyes and mouth completely eliminate any interest I could possibly have in this figure.

Well, I wouldn't say that they are a deal breaker :) (Hope you were not serious)

But yes, since we love IM (and spend so much moolah on him :horror), we would want him to look as nice as possible.

Surprising that we have so many mods and customs for other HT figures, no one ever thought of making a better/proportionate head for all the previous Marks :monkey2

Maybe we will see someone take up the job some day :lol

DSC02289_zps01dbfb18.jpg

DSC02343_zpsbbd37d0a.jpg

I for one am still impressed with this figure and very glad I have one on PO. If I was to concern myself at all with anything concerning this figure is the hopes that they pay special attention to the QC of each one of these made. With this small of a run of pieces, I don't want any of us to get one that has any QC issues. I hope that SSC will have enough forethought to set a few aside for just in case purposes. If all is clear after customers get theirs, then just convert whatever is left to some lucky folks on the wait list.
Just my 2 cents.:wave

Back