Hot Toys - MMS186 - The Avengers: HULK (Pics & Specs)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - The Avengers: HULK

If anything they will match Mongers price, cause they already know they can get away with it

Ya I agree.

With the silly price for the IM 2 gantry set, I doubt HT will be nice on the Hulk's pricing. With the Avengers so hot now, people will want to collect the entire team.

If anything they will match Mongers price, cause they already know they can get away with it

How does that explain Thor being cheaper than Cap? I think many posters here have a very simplistic view of HT pricing and of the work that goes into a figure like this.

But at the end of the day, as others have stated, the price is the price. If they value the figure beyond what you do, don't buy it. Capitalism. It sucks, but until someone comes up with a model that a) sucks less and b) works, we're stuck with it. :dunno

Should be but won't. It's Hulk and there's a big demand for this figure. Will deffo be the most expensive Hot Toys figure so far.

Nah I reckon he'll fit snuggly between the price of Jake Sully and the Iron Monger. Certainly no more expensive than the latter

I really think you guys are over shooting Hulks price. Iron Monger? Come on guys we are talking about what really is an 18" Hulked out Iron Man with a man inside. With huge amount of small detailed peices...

Hulk is a muscle body.

Jake Sully is a better option to compare and realistically guess what the Hulks price will be around.

Hulk will be in the $300 range. Not over $400.

Wow!!! these Avengers figures are incredible ( i'm not a marvel guy.) I saw the movie & loved it. I'm almost tempted to get them! I'll just have to stick to Batman

I really think you guys are over shooting Hulks price. Iron Monger? Come on guys we are talking about what really is an 18" Hulked out Iron Man with a man inside. With huge amount of small detailed peices...

Hulk is a muscle body.

Jake Sully is a better option to compare and realistically guess what the Hulks price will be around.

Hulk will be in the $300 range. Not over $400.

I would think even less than Sully, he's a body and some pants, light on accessories, no real intricate costume, very basic. If he's priced high it's cuz of the license and lack of Hulk figures on the market, but certainly what actually goes into the figure is quite basic.

I would think even less than Sully, he's a body and some pants, light on accessories, no real intricate costume, very basic. If he's priced high it's cuz of the license and lack of Hulk figures on the market, but certainly what actually goes into the figure is quite basic.

What Hulk may lack in accessories compared to Jake Sully though he'll make up for in mass and weight. Plus if the backstage pic is anything to go by it looks like he comes with a diorama stand/backdrop as well. I think best case scenario is he costs the same as Jake Sully but it's more likely he'll cost more (but not as much as Iron Monger)

Maul

how did you like the Banner/Hulk in Avengers, character and look?

Hulk looked great and all his action was awesome, I wanted more, loved that mostly the Kirby influence showed and not so much Ruffalo. Felt neutral about Banner, he worked, but too little screen time for me to feel one way or another about Ruffalo in the role.

it hurts to think about how much the shipping on this bad boy is gonna cost...

imagine how big the box will be

:thud:Man, I hope not. I'm passing on the Monger because of it's price.

He really should not be the price of Iron Monger. I say either the price of Sully or a little below depending on what he comes with. Mass should not equal price. The material doesn't cost more, it's the development/labor, and this one shouldn't be that complex.

Of course, saying what SHOULD be doesn't make a difference to what it will be. I really want a Hulk, but if he's Monger-priced I'm out. I really want a Monger, but the timing of him is horrible this year.

If he's priced high it's cuz of the license and lack of Hulk figures on the market, but certainly what actually goes into the figure is quite basic.

I wonder how much the license affects the price of certain figures? Would the license be The Avengers or Hulk in this case?

I wonder how much the license affects the price of certain figures? Would the license be The Avengers or Hulk in this case?

In this case, it would be Avengers in general, being a Disney/Marvel property, Disney is big for items costing higher like Lucasfilm. Between that an sort of having collectors by the balls cuz they have a monopoly on such a Hulk figure, they can feel free to charge what they want cuz people will pay.

In this case, it would be Avengers in general, being a Disney/Marvel property, Disney is big for items costing higher like Lucasfilm. Between that an sort of having collectors by the balls cuz they have a monopoly on such a Hulk figure, they can feel free to charge what they want cuz people will pay.

I see. If it comes down to it; I'd rather it be overpriced and accurate with no QC issues then for it to be cheaper but with issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back