Hot Toys - MMS186 - The Avengers: HULK (Pics & Specs)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - The Avengers: HULK

The point is they can not be treated like toys. I've seen stories of people who had never owned a figure before, and bought the Predator or Ironman figure since collectors were recommending them. And then were genuinely Stunned when it breaks because of how they were handling it. They never had experience with these products and thought they were no different than a hasbro G.I joe. Some people equate expensive with durable, which these are not.

Not for nothing, but my friends would break all their transformers and gi joes by playing with them. I rarely broke anything and they were toys

Don't exaggerate, we are just talking that's all, ok? :wink1:

I don't have a problem with you calling these figures toys, that's your personal opinion because you play with them. I don't mind people playing with these figures, not at all. But the creator of Hot Toys said they aren't toys which I agree with.

The definition of toys is mostly known by everyone as something you play with. The definition Dinolast pulled out was probably a joke, because I can't find it, but if it's true, that's the first time I hear of it. I bet not many people would know that Toy had that definition, first thing people would think of is something you play with. Therefore it make much more sense to call these expensive, fragile, high-end quality products for collectibles rather than toys.

I agree that these are high end collectibles, but I would also categorize them as toys as well. Not because I play with them, because I dont. I display them the same as the majority here, just that I guess Id categorize them as "high-end collectible toys". There we go.

These are obviously not meant for kids and thats not what I was getting at. Just the label

I agree that these are high end collectibles, but I would also categorize them as toys as well. Not because I play with them, because I dont. I display them the same as the majority here, just that I guess Id categorize them as "high-end collectible toys". There we go.

These are obviously not meant for kids and thats not what I was getting at. Just the label

:goodpost: :exactly:

But if you would categorize these collectibles as toys, why not PF's? They both serve the same purpose, only that the statue can't change poses (though some statues have limited articulation or exchangable parts)..

:goodpost: :exactly:

But if you would categorize these collectibles as toys, why not PF's? They both serve the same purpose, only that the statue can't change poses (though some statues have limited articulation or exchangable parts)..

Well I said maybe not PFs, since you couldnt really "play" with them, but they are a different type of "Toy" I guess. I dunno. I guess they would fall under the same type of "High-end Collectible Toy" genre. :lol

Talk about HT Hulk is so lame the thread has several pages dedicated to the definition of a toy :slap

Start a new thread or poll perhaps but can the discussion stay on target?

Well I said maybe not PFs, since you couldnt really "play" with them, but they are a different type of "Toy" I guess. I dunno. I guess they would fall under the same type of "High-end Collectible Toy" genre. :lol

Of course you could play with statues. I can even play with pens... :lol

Talk about HT Hulk is so lame the thread has several pages dedicated to the definition of a toy :slap

Start a new thread or poll perhaps but can the discussion stay on target?

Ok, what do you want to talk about?

... this thread is becoming in need of this.

Waaaambulance.jpg

Nah we dont need that.

Well I got my wires mixed up with all the comments because I am on your side, because I have never taken the word toy as literately just meaning a child's play thing. Calling these figures toys is fine, because they are grown up toys. So sorry for thinking we were on two different wave lengths
'

I got confused with the joints comment too. I was like...wait...what are we arguing about here?

Yeah Im not using the term "toy" as a literal "Childs Play Thing"

Grown men have "Toys" all the time. Thats why I dont understand why people would be insulted by calling these "Toys". To me its not a derogatory at all.

When I was younger I had friends that teased me about collecting "Toys" and Id always reiterate "ACTION FIGURES" but theres no point. I really dont care any more. People call them as they sees them.

Shade of green, scale, joints versus no joints even whether or not hair will be on his chest. It beats discussions regarding the definition of toys.

Sure, these things have been discussed already but ok. As I said earlier, I hope they include extra arms. Sculpted arms (like in the picture, with no visible joints at the elbows and slightly visible at the shoulders) and arms with articulation. Don't know what else they could include as extras to this figure besides maybe a Banner figure but that might be too much work for them?

Shade of green, scale, joints versus no joints even whether or not hair will be on his chest. It beats discussions regarding the definition of toys.

Heres what Im thinking....(hoping)

2 HEAD SCULPTS. (x1 Normal and x1 Angry Roaring)
18" Green Unique HULK Muscle Body
Sculpted Hair on heads
Sculpted Hair on chest
3 Pairs of PALMS (x1 Fists, x1 Relaxed, x1 Gripping)
Cloth pants (given)
Joints at Should, Elbow, Waist, Hips, Knees, Ankles...etc
Rubble Base

Thats all I need to be a happy HT HULK Camper.

$315-$350 price tag

Sculpted Hair on heads
Sculpted Hair on chest
Cloth pants (given)
Rubble Base

$315-$350 price tag

That's what I want to see as well, plus exchangeable sculpted arms. :pray:

Sculpted Hair on heads
Sculpted Hair on chest
Cloth pants (given)
Rubble Base

$315-$350 price tag

I might add a ripped shirt to hide joints for that element. Otherwise, I like the way you think.

Sculpted Hair on heads
Sculpted Hair on chest
Cloth pants (given)
Rubble Base

$315-$350 price tag
:exactly::goodpost: i'd be thrilled with that setup

Hulk deserves a diorama base but i don't think HT will give him one. They'll probably just give him the bare minimum to keep the cost down. Look at Iron Monger for example, only has extra sculpt and booster jets

Fail on not going with the exposed seams with PVC plastic like the newer muscle bodies. If this is rubber then there will be 50 problems and complaint threads in the first two weeks. Then rotting, then leaking, then... pick one.

Fail on not going with the exposed seams with PVC plastic like the newer muscle bodies. If this is rubber then there will be 50 problems and complaint threads in the first two weeks. Then rotting, then leaking, then... pick one.

HT has already said that the body will not be all rubber. So thats a step in the right direction.

Hot TOys gotta add a extra hands with articulated fingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back