Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But the thing is, it never used to be that way before. I've never had to pre-order my collectibles in the past because stores would get the item in stock and it'd be available for awhile after release at the initial retail price. Look at all the Avengers releases before this one. Hawkeye and Nick Fury go for ridiculous prices now, but they were around for plenty of time before selling out. Captain America, Thor, Loki and Black Widow were around even longer.

I kept a close eye out at my go-to places, but it seems like this particular figure never went through that period of being in stock at the stores for the retail price. That or I totally missed it. From what I saw, stores sent out their pre-orders and then a few showed up in stock for $350 and $400. Hell, the store I buy from that doesn't even do pre-orders and just puts Hot Toys up when they're in-stock never even seemed to get them at all.

I still think that my waitlist order that I put in has a pretty good chance of converting and there are a couple other possible sources I'm waiting on. Thankfully, I already have the battle damaged exclusive version coming as well, but I would like to have a clean one too.

Also, as a few have said, those stores do have the right to put the item up for sale at whatever price they want. That's very true. However, I have the right to give my business to stores that don't do that kind of stuff, and that's exactly what I'm going to do.

so how poseable is this guy? Is he as poseable as the mark 4 & 6? because even though it looks like he has a lot of articulated joints, I have yet to see any pics of this guy sporting crazy poses. Most posees are just him standing with his repulsor hands up or something. Does he have good hip/leg/ab/waist/arm articulation?

Boba Ben, I see what youre saying. The problem is Hot Toys isnt an obscure brand anymore. You got more people looking to buy now then say two years ago. Iron Man/Avengers have proven they days of being on the fence will be no more.

I started last September , and by then I knew I was dead set on completing the Avengers set. I missed Fury, but Hawkeye was approaching and bought up two as quickly as possible. I had only owned two hot toys prior,but I researched and researched some more and locked up early POs. I predicted they would all be hard to find, and I paid close attention to the Hawkeye thread knowing he would be the hardest one down the line. I still remember all the whining people did when BBTS charged $260 for Hawkeye. I didnt hesitate and ordered one from them within hours of it going up.

By the way, I too preordered multiple MOS figures, because I know the same will happen. Just look at Bane and 1/4 Batman how they got ripped based off early promo images.

Last edited:
so how poseable is this guy? Is he as poseable as the mark 4 & 6? because even though it looks like he has a lot of articulated joints, I have yet to see any pics of this guy sporting crazy poses. Most posees are just him standing with his repulsor hands up or something. Does he have good hip/leg/ab/waist/arm articulation?

IMO he has pretty good articulation. Pretty standard for an IM figure. If you extend the abdomen the articulation there is great. The arms like to pop out on mine but the articulation is good there, just a little tricky when you want to turn the arm to use the missiles.
You can't get the hip rotated up any more than I have it in this pic.

9BC5A21B-1A71-4879-8E0C-8AD21AC993C0-1057-000001F5D507B9C9_zpsea56aab0.jpg

Boba Ben, I see what youre saying. The problem is Hot Toys isnt an obscure brand anymore. You got more people looking to buy now then say two years ago. Iron Man/Avengers have proven they days of being on the fence will be no more.

I started last September , and by then I knew I was dead set on completing the Avengers set. I missed Fury, but Hawkeye was approaching and bought up two as quickly as possible. I had only owned two hot toys prior,but I researched and researched some more and locked up early POs. I predicted they would all be hard to find, and I paid close attention to the Hawkeye thread knowing he would be the hardest one down the line. I still remember all the whining people did when BBTS charged $260 for Hawkeye. I didnt hesitate and ordered one from them within hours of it going up.

By the way, I too preordered multiple MOS figures, because I know the same will happen. Just look at Bane and 1/4 Batman how they got ripped based off early promo images.

That's true. I've changed my habits now and have pre-ordered the new Superman and Zod as well. Just one of each for my collection.

I was able to get Hawkeye and Fury at retail price some time after they were released, though. I though it'd be the same with Mark VII, but I was definitely wrong. Like I said, I've got the BD Promo edition on flexpay, so I'll at least have one, but it would be nice having the regular as well.

I like the fact the the head that comes with the new to y stark fits the mark seven. Looks way better on the figure, but lacks the light up feature. Either way for display its perfect.

Hey guys,

I'm not sure if anyone posted yet but did anyone noticed that the helmet that came in the new Tony Stark is meant for Avengers mark VII? I just realized that the hole for the peg is smaller compared to Mark VI and IV's.

Would anyone mind testing the helmet out on their Mark VII? I believe HT made an improvement helmet for the Mark VII.

It does look like it but hard to say unless we have them side by side. Anyway would love to see the Mark VII with the new helmet.

Yeah would be cool if someone who has both figures can show a comparison picture. Does the faceplate that comes with the new stark fit the mark 7 as well?

Hey guys,

I'm not sure if anyone posted yet but did anyone noticed that the helmet that came in the new Tony Stark is meant for Avengers mark VII? I just realized that the hole for the peg is smaller compared to Mark VI and IV's.

Would anyone mind testing the helmet out on their Mark VII? I believe HT made an improvement helmet for the Mark VII.

If you would have taken the time to read two posts above yours, I literally just posted this. That's how mine is now setup for display.

Last edited:
If you would have taken the time to read two posts above yours, I literally just posted this. That's how mine is now setup for display.

I read it. Just I want to see some pictures to judge it myself.

Hood might feel the same way. Thank you for the confirmation that it fits though.

Got an issue with my MK VIIs right arm. Even when the switch for the light is set to off, the light is still faintly on. Any one else experience this?

I've just taken the batteries out for now but obviously that's not a permanent solution. :(

Back