Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I caved and ordered this bad boy today!!! After getting Bespin Luke earlier in the week (my first HT) I have had the HT fever. I've always wanted one of these IM's and since Avengers is one of my favorite superhero movies of all time I decided to get this MK VII.

I was having a hard time deciding between this or Indy, another movie franchise dear to my heart, but in the end pulled the trigger on this guy. I can't wait!!! Now I must try hard to resist picking up the other teammates... especially Hulk.

My Mark VII has just arrived from onesixthbruce (awesome service as usual).

Really nice figure with loads of display options, but as usual Hot Toys quality control is pretty poor with a few marks and scratches in the paint where there shouldn't be (obviously I'm not talking about the painted on damage that is present on the figure).

Thankfully they aren't noticeable once in the detolf and overall the figure looks great.

Bring on Loki and Hulk, hopefully with less QC issues!

They are all pretty minor, but here they are (not the best pics as taken with iPhone)

Chip in the faceplate (black dot on edge)
null_zps7481dc75.jpg

Slight bubbling to paint on leg
null_zps95326666.jpg

Scratch running through bottom two abs (very difficult to see in pics)
b6dec472-7dfd-4893-97bb-4fe2c233c1b0_zps927f6e9d.jpg

Bubble of paint on topaz/lower part of chest
null_zpsf7bb733e.jpg

Scratch/chip in bicep (not too bothered by this as the bicep also has plenty of painted on scratches)
1579578a-db54-4b8c-9af5-6b2d1c6d83b0_zpsec183cc1.jpg

Overall though I think this is my favourite Iron man figure, will keep using the MkVI head on my Tony Stark bash though as I still prefer it over the MkVII

Simple pose for now
null_zpsf4455f8c.jpg

They are all pretty minor, but here they are (not the best pics as taken with iPhone)

Chip in the faceplate (black dot on edge)
null_zps7481dc75.jpg

Slight bubbling to paint on leg
null_zps95326666.jpg

Scratch running through bottom two abs (very difficult to see in pics)
b6dec472-7dfd-4893-97bb-4fe2c233c1b0_zps927f6e9d.jpg

Bubble of paint on topaz/lower part of chest
null_zpsf7bb733e.jpg

Scratch/chip in bicep (not too bothered by this as the bicep also has plenty of painted on scratches)
1579578a-db54-4b8c-9af5-6b2d1c6d83b0_zpsec183cc1.jpg

Overall though I think this is my favourite Iron man figure, will keep using the MkVI head on my Tony Stark bash though as I still prefer it over the MkVII

Simple pose for now
null_zpsf4455f8c.jpg

any news on loki yet? I want my figure now haha

^^ Your off to a good start with that IM. I have all seven and I love looking at this one all the time too.

I just got my Mark VII in a few minutes ago and i have to say I'm blown away. This is my first Hot Toys Iron Man figure and i couldn't be happier with it, well that's until tomorrow when The Hulk arrives :yess:

I just got my Mark VII in a few minutes ago and i have to say I'm blown away. This is my first Hot Toys Iron Man figure and i couldn't be happier with it, well that's until tomorrow when The Hulk arrives :yess:

Mark VII and then the Hulk...that's about the best one two punch to kick start a collection possible. :rock

Mark VII and then the Hulk...that's about the best one two punch to kick start a collection possible. :rock

My Hulk shipped yesterday and two Tony Starks this morning.
Should have them by the beginning of next week with luck.
Then my avengers will be finished.
I also have a spare Tony head coming for my Avengers Tony.

i think out of everything the one thing appreciate the most from this guy is how "less" fragile he feels from previous marks.

i do not feel like i have to be delicate with him at all

Last edited:

Thanks man! I'm very excited to have both of them as I've been waiting for them forever it feels like. But actually they're not my first two to start my collection, I have all the avengers figures released so far except for the avengers mark VI rerelease. These will mark 22 hot toys I've bougbt this year since I started collecting. I'm loving collecting 1/6 scale figures after switching over from 6 inch figures.

Ahh. Very pretty. Been waiting for a pic like this. Good job man, you've converted me. :p The triangular chest RT is beginning to grow on me by leaps and bounds. Seriously man, it looks good. Nice work. Oh and now I'm looking for a nice Mk VI and it's all your fault. ;)

Back