Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My ebay purchased Mark VII arrived today, I am very happy with it.

To be honest, I was expecting C-3PO weight and more of a metal feel. But, besides that I love this thing...

I dropped the metal piece from the default/no damage mask. It fell off as soon as I opened the box... It took me an hour to find it...

I find it get excited... go to get crazy glue... jump over the boxes, hit my hand on the ceiling and cannot find it.

So, I am using the battle damaged mask... but it is fine.

Question: This thread is huge, I wish there was a posing picture thread... is there just a picture thread for Iron Man posing? Here is what I am using right now.

ixbdi0.jpg

x4hovq.jpg

2nlu538.jpg

They are all pretty minor, but here they are (not the best pics as taken with iPhone)

Your figure has pretty much exactly the same issues as the one I sent back to BBTS. Mine had a large paint bubble on the leg as well but the paint was starting to come off. It also had quite a few fibers in the paint.

QC issues aside bummed I missed this one. Looks great in the shots you guys are taking and seems to display well with Cap. Guess I'm waiting for AOU Iron Man:impatient:

Try and grab midas if you can, for me im done until Heartbreaker. Then im waiting for ultron, the ultimate villain for my shelf...

Haha what highend collectible figure has successfully been made of 40%+ diecast? Im not talking about transformers toys or replica cars, im talking authentically detailed figures... Diecast holds not detail and paint falls off it, thats been happening since the 70's

I must have forgotten the part where Hot Toys are wholly resilient toys that never, fade, chip or degrade. Plastic chips and break. Diecast doesn't.

There are entire lines of high end collectible die cast figures. You don't use it forface sculpts. You use it for things like Iron Man or Ultron where finish and texture are more important than 'detail'. What detail do plastic iron man hot toys have on the armor? It's smooth finish paint apps.

And Play Iaginative is making die cast high end collectible fhures. Let's see how those turn out.

Regardless, none of this has anything to do with your assertion that die cast is a fad is factually incorrect. By definition a fad is something that exists for a limited period of time. The pet rock was a fad. Big perms were a fad. Die cast has already passed the test of time ad a desirable way to make fun, sumturdu and often highly collectible robot and mecha toys.

Yea I dont like it either, plastic has been working great. If it aint broke dont fix it. All the possible issues they may have. And the excuse for them to charge more.. I dont need to say its metal and can care less how heavy it is if I can hold onto that extra 100 bucks

I must have forgotten the part where Hot Toys are wholly resilient toys that never, fade, chip or degrade. Plastic chips and break. Diecast doesn't.

There are entire lines of high end collectible die cast figures. You don't use it forface sculpts. You use it for things like Iron Man or Ultron where finish and texture are more important than 'detail'. What detail do plastic iron man hot toys have on the armor? It's smooth finish paint apps.

And Play Iaginative is making die cast high end collectible fhures. Let's see how those turn out.
Yeah but arent the hips super wide on them to allow for leg movement? I duno if thats cause of the metal or not but I remember reading it

PI iron man mk 7 had some minor issues already, but their using a different material than HT no?

I dont get why some people feel that their iron man toy needs to have weight to it, what HT should have done is what bandai does, use it in the feet and hollows of a figure, the use plastic for the detail..
I guess flying your iron man around your house just doesnt feel real enough to some ...

And ill also add that you think theres problems with the plastic then why the hell would you trust them doing diecast? True it may work but I dont think two heavy hitter Iron man figs are the ones to test it on

PI iron man mk 7 had some minor issues already, but their using a different material than HT no?

I dont get why some people feel that their iron man toy needs to have weight to it, what HT should have done is what bandai does, use it in the feet and hollows of a figure, the use plastic for the detail..
I guess flying your iron man around your house just doesnt feel real enough to some ...

Thats what im sayin. They look great, pose and stand well. Thats all I care about. The metal is a novelty

Yeah but arent the hips super wide on them to allow for leg movement? I duno if thats cause of the metal or not but I remember reading it

I don't know much about the figure actually other than it's expensive and it's coming out. Also that I don't want it, but that's mostly because I don't collect 1/4 so I didn't bother really looking into it to be honest. I am curious to read/watch reviews when it comes out though.

Personally I like weight. It makes me feel more confident handling a figure without feeling like I might break something. Which brings me to...

And ill also add that you think theres problems with the plastic then why the hell would you trust them doing diecast? True it may work but I dont think two heavy hitter Iron man figs are the ones to test it on

I don't think there's a problem with the plastic, I was just making the point that everything has it's downsides. Diecast isn't perfect, neither is plastic. I think a blend is best, like with Bandai's SRCs, though some are poorly executed. Are these diecast HTs ALL diecast? I don't know the diecast content actually. I do love diecast armor with plastic molding parts, but where I really LOVE diecast is in ratchet joints. I really hope those are diecast in the Mark 42 and War Machine / Iron Patriot. The make messing around with a figure so satisfying and again, inspire confidence in handling. And I do love the way metal reflects light, but again, that's just a personal preference.

Hey, I friggin LOVE my Mark VII. It's damn near perfect. I think Hot Toys has done a tremendous job with it, and I have confidence they will nail a diecast Iron Man as well. I'm a diecast fan in general too, so count me as uber excited for the die cast series, and back to an Ultron figure, I think if any character in the Marvel universe Justa begs to be made of diecast, it's Utron.

Just some friendly advice - you might want to turn down the music as it drowns out your voice.

Thanks bro. I actually added the music in the editing process and I may have accidentally forgot to turn it down in some sections. That or my laptop speakers suck and I just didn't realize lol. I'll be sure to check it out for my future videos. Thanks! :duff

y8epeqan.jpg
2erujy6a.jpg

Finally managed to get him into this pose.
Thanks to the couple of members here that posted pics to assist me with reference pics, can't remember who exactly though.

Back