Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do the batteries come installed in the figure? I guess I should open and remove if I store him?

Also, for those of you who have one, will the Mark VII perform the landing pose?

The figure comes with the batteries already inside. I removed them as soon as I got the figure and tested the lights.

I cannot get the legs to bend enough to do the landing pose. I saw on HT's FB pics that there were a handful where they got the Mk7 to bend its legs beyond what I could do with my figure. One pic was the classic IM landing pose, and the other two it was on one knee.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151414269427344.1073741866.58690437343&type=3

Did they modify the figure to get those shots? Or am I clueless about how to properly bend the upper leg?

Also, for those of you who have one, will the Mark VII perform the landing pose?

It's a real struggle, hindered by the shoulder pods and thigh missile launchers. I couldn't get close to that pose with those parts attached.
This is the best i could do:

IMG_4841.jpg

IMG_4842.jpg

Thanks! Oh, I'm finding that already. I already have the Mark 33 on pre-order as well, and I don't even have the Mark VII yet.

I was thinking about trying to get one more Mark VII and keeping it boxed for nostalgia's sake, but sounds like I would want to open it and pull the batteries. I've got a reservation at SSC so there's no guarantee I'll even get one.

I'm VERY excited. I pre-ordered one at BBTS in February 2013 and it doesn't look like it will ship for another week or two I'm guessing.

I've not been this excited for a collectible in a long time. Hopefully it will live up to the hype.

Damn my wait list got converted from ssc. I already got one but might just buy it for possible trade.

The bst thread and eBay have a bunch already and the prices are dropping by the day. If you want another for different display options then get it but as far as trades go the only people that don't have this are new people just getting into HT in my opinion.

Hi just got word from BBTS that they believe they have shipped all of their Mark VII's from their initial shipment. I ordered in Feb and was definitely hoping for mine to get shipped. She said it would be 1-2 weeks for the rest to arrive.

...I can wait...I can wait...

Hi just got word from BBTS that they believe they have shipped all of their Mark VII's from their initial shipment. I ordered in Feb and was definitely hoping for mine to get shipped. She said it would be 1-2 weeks for the rest to arrive.

...I can wait...I can wait...

I ordered back in August and I wasn't in the first shipment, so don't feel too bad haha.

I am just hoping they can fill all the orders. Being new to Hot Toys, I do not know if they short ship. I did notice that BBTS's newer hot toys listings were limited 1 per customer.

BBTS has been able to fill every Preorder I've ever had. My DX12 took a pretty long time, but I did get it.

Still bezzeled by this photogenic head sculpt, really looks great no matter which angle the photo is taken from.

MK6Stark.jpg~original

Awesome pic! :clap

Do all you collectors take the batteries off any figure?

I've pulled ones that weren't even a year old (from the time I got it from SS) and they were already leaking green acid. If you're not planning on using the feature "A LOT", and just displaying it for months behind glass; take them out. You can find the proper size screw driver at most craft department or auto stores; don't try using anything else. The screws are a b***H to remove and replace if you round out the head.

I need to do this before problems start..... Just hate tinkering with those tiny screws and compartments. :slap

Hi All,

I'm a complete noob. This is my first time posting to the board. Woohoo.

I've got an Iron Man Mark VII on pre-order and he will be my first experience with Hot Toys.

Do the batteries come installed in the figure? I guess I should open and remove if I store him?

Sorry if these questions have already been answered. I've been trying to keep up with the board. :)

Thanks!

:welcome to the forum! :wave

I really don't understand all the negative comments on the HS. I opened mine, expecting a piece of garbage but, found nothing short of a miniature RDJ! :lol I absolutely love it. It may not be 100% perfect but, I haven't shown it to anyone who disagrees that its him, in there.

Thanks! I've been a Transformers collector for 30 years and have never gotten such a warm response from a board before. I can already see you guys aren't going to let me get away with just one Hot Toys figure.

Oops, there goes my paycheck! :lol

Back