Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think it is what it is and the quality of the sculpt is definitely opinion driven.

one man's trash is another man's RDJ sculpt.

to me theres a distinction between likeness and quality, the head has little to no likeness to RDJ, but the quality of sculpt and paint as a human head is outstanding

Thats your opinion and youre welcome to it :peace

It's hard to put my finger on it, but the MKVII head does possess some indefinable quality that reminds me more of Tony than the MKIV sculpt.
Not sure what, as the MKVII head is the least RDJ-looking sculpt i have seen.
My MKIII sculpt looks more like RDJ than the MKVII one, lol.
But as has been mentioned, as a human face, the MKVII one looks incredible. Lifelike, well painted, and with the characteristic smirk.
I think once i get my Armour test Tony figures, i will use one of those heads for Tony and finally have a definitive Stark head.

It's hard to put my finger on it, but the MKVII head does possess some indefinable quality that reminds me more of Tony than the MKIV sculpt.
Not sure what, as the MKVII head is the least RDJ-looking sculpt i have seen.
My MKIII sculpt looks more like RDJ than the MKVII one, lol.
But as has been mentioned, as a human face, the MKVII one looks incredible. Lifelike, well painted, and with the characteristic smirk.
I think once i get my Armour test Tony figures, i will use one of those heads for Tony and finally have a definitive Stark head.

that one looks good, I really want a second one of that head and that headset that come with "the mechanic" figure, Finally a hud display for Tony! :yess:

Still bezzeled by this photogenic head sculpt, really looks great no matter which angle the photo is taken from.

MK6Stark.jpg~original

It may be smaller but it sure has a lot more RDJ that the head next to it.

Where do you see RDJ there? You certainly have the right to believe that, but I'm sure most see some telemundo novela star. It's got señor written all over it. The long face one looks way better as far as likeness is concerned, I think.
I can agree that the texture on the Hispanic stark is stunning though!

That is the kind of pic that makes me want to get that armor, I hope the diecast version is much better.

That hs looks perfect on the Mark VI :clap

There's gonna be a diecast version of the mark vii?? I know there's rumors of a diecast version for the mark 3 but I haven't heard anything fr the mark vii

I think the M7 Stark headsculpt is the best TS head they have done. Just not sure I like how it looks on the M7 :lol
I know it should appear smaller when on the body but size seems off.
Regardless it's a great figure :yess:

There's gonna be a diecast version of the mark vii?? I know there's rumors of a diecast version for the mark 3 but I haven't heard anything fr the mark vii

hoping doesn't make it so. there have been no official announcements about either.

I think the M7 Stark headsculpt is the best TS head they have done. Just not sure I like how it looks on the M7 :lol
I know it should appear smaller when on the body but size seems off.
Regardless it's a great figure :yess:

people seem to judge the different head sculpts like one is better than the other when in reality, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. the argument is opinion based.

the mark VII RDJ has the smug smirk not seen on any of the others and i love it. fact is i love them all but if you want to judge the most realistic, i'd have to say the M42 sculpt is the best but we haven't seen it in hand.

hot-toys-iron-man-3-mark-xlii-mark-42-diecast-figure-01.jpg

You are correct.
It *is* smaller.
Not by a lot, but enough that it does seem smaller. It looks fine on the MKVII on it's own.
But next to another RDJ sculpt, it is smaller. I think it may be that the MKIV/MKVI RDJ sculpt might be "too tall" from hair to chin. Here are pics, i'll let others draw conclusions:

SAM_0426.jpg

SAM_0427.jpg

Hmmm, how come the MKVI looks to be about the same height as your MKVII? Most of the pics I've seen of them together shows the MKVII being a bit taller.

Back