Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
some of my favorite photos i took today

https://www.flickr.com/photos/normanchan/sets/72157634388227990/

9163124095_160617c63e_k.jpg

9165346294_00be9fad3f_k.jpg

9163128713_d133bc04df_k.jpg

9165350408_99bd6f6fcc_k.jpg

Just got mine, as my first ever IM figure I can say I'm impressed!
He does feel VERY light though, so I gotta ask, we're previous iterations of this figure light also? I know he's not made of die cast, and that he's also not as huge as Monger, and even though monger feels like plastic, it seems to me that it's some stronger kind. This guy feels a little cheap if I can actually say that without being bombarded after. Another thing that gets my attention is the fact that there's no way a 1/6 RDJ is inside that armor. This guy is fit. Not skinny, but really trimmed. The movie shows IM being this Thick armored beast that can actually hold a person inside it. Minor grip though, but I think he should've been thicker.
He looks incredible though, just amazing. Very happy with my purchase.
One thing you guys, some pats on the armor are chipped. I haven't taken all the plastic out yet, but it wouldn't surprise me if there's more spots. Something to watch out for I guess, I took some crappy iphone pics for you to see. Ill be contacting SS regarding this, and see if they can work something out for me.
And fordijuse, I actually flex paid this, and got it before you.
7arudera.jpg

u9ezu3yz.jpg

Oh god not this again... The drama these paint chips caused with the mk 4 and 6 was ridiculous

They're supposed to be there for **** sake

edit: read a page after this and buddy was corrected already but for future people please know that these "chips" are paint and theyve been put there on purpose

Last edited:
Cut him some slack, LipSmack (that rhymed :D)

He already said, "Just got mine, as my first ever IM figure I can say I'm impressed!", maybe he didn't know. :peace

Yeah I know im not slamming him personally, its just bad memories from my time in Nam (mk 4 and 6 threads) :lol

Hot Toys is doing their job if new people are constantly mistaking these for real paint chips.
:lecture

Can't say how upset that i am that i may not get this figure

with ModelZone going into administration i've lost out and now the prices are ridiculous

i'll have every avenger except Iron Man, so I may actually think about selling them because there really is no point

oh well, can't be too excited about Hulk either now

Can't say how upset that i am that i may not get this figure

with ModelZone going into administration i've lost out and now the prices are ridiculous

i'll have every avenger except Iron Man, so I may actually think about selling them because there really is no point

oh well, can't be too excited about Hulk either now

i'd trade a MVII for a hulk. :)

Sent a message to Sideshow about the Mark VII. I thought the one they got in was the regular but its the one with the exclusive holographic figure. Kathy was nice enough to email me back and let me know. Had to send a message cause I didn't know if I'd have the funds in my account in time but it looks like it will probably be next week when they get in the regular version I guess.

People have been saying it here over and over the Ex here but not the regular yet.

Can someone explain what the hell this means?

I think he's trying to say that in his opinion, the sculpt has the essence of the Tony Stark character from the comics, but it doesn't look like Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark. That's how I read it at least.

Back