Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
9162040771_719b5dc9ef_k.jpg

Some nice strabismus.

If the regular version isn't even out in China yet, then we definitely won't see it in the US in just a week or two.

Come now mate, they could at least make the toys look like both eyes are looking at the same thing :lol

I am not trying to apologise for that truly horrific headsculpt.
I am just saying that if you take a pic within 12" of the head, EVERY HT head's eyes have that effect.
The centreline of accuity in the eyes is set to about 18" if i remember correctly. Human eyes are always pointing at what the person is looking at. Two cameras each pointing directly at what you're looking at. If the thing is an inch in front of your face, your eyes are crossed.
As i say, i am not apologising. I hate this headsculpt, but there is a reason for the eyes being slight apart.

I am not trying to apologise for that truly horrific headsculpt.
I am just saying that if you take a pic within 12" of the head, EVERY HT head's eyes have that effect.
The centreline of accuity in the eyes is set to about 18" if i remember correctly. Human eyes are always pointing at what the person is looking at. Two cameras each pointing directly at what you're looking at. If the thing is an inch in front of your face, your eyes are crossed.
As i say, i am not apologising. I hate this headsculpt, but there is a reason for the eyes being slight apart.

I hate the sculpt as well, glad we agree :lol

My strabismus comment was for the more uninitiated...:wave

I thought children hated and adults disliked?... everytime I read people saying hate I always imagine them with hacksaws and setting stuff on fire the way they show their serious hate.

You couldn't have said it better.
Problem is, the specs clearly state "RDJ authentic likeness", and this is far from it.
Amazing Tony Stark HS though.

Can't agree with that, I've shown the pics of the head sculpt to my girlfriend, her friends my friends and a few other people and all have said it looks like RDJ. These are people that don't even know who Tony Stark is!

As you said it stated "likeness" - FFS how accurate can these things get. Anybody that says its not 'like' RDJ are just looking for faults. Accept it for what it is and enjoy, these things are never perfect.

Can't agree with that, I've shown the pics of the head sculpt to my girlfriend, her friends my friends and a few other people and all have said it looks like RDJ. These are people that don't even know who Tony Stark is!

As you said it stated "likeness" - FFS how accurate can these things get. Anybody that says its not 'like' RDJ are just looking for faults. Accept it for what it is and enjoy, these things are never perfect.

Don't get me wrong bro, I'm absolutely in love with this figure. I just won't be displaying that HS ever.
My girlfriend and my friends do not see RDJ there, so in a way people have different opinions. Mine is that as a RDJ HS this thing is nothing but a total fail.
The figure itself? I'm actually thinking of getting a second one!

I fail to see how people who don't see the likeness are just "looking for faults"

The likeness is not 100% spot on. Does it have a resemblance? Yes but the sculpt has a more generic Tony Stark look than RDJ himself. Now of course with RDJ being Tony Stark, yes you can say it looks like him but it's definitely not spot on to the point where people who don't see the likeness is just "looking for faults"..

The problem is mostly in the eyes. Hot Toys has yet to get his eyes perfected and that's what throws the likeness a bit off.

9162040771_719b5dc9ef_k.jpg

The-Avengers-Headshots-Robert-Downey-Jr.jpg

I havent had a chance to even open mine because I had to fly out on a business trip shortly after recieving it .....im just curious does the SS EX have a sticker on the box like previous exclusives? I heard it didnt.

Of course the head sculpt isn't perfect, there's always people who will not be satisfied with any sculpt. For me it is definitely like RDJ. Is it 100% spot on, we'll absolutely no.

When I say looking for faults, I mean that why is it that people feel the need to dwell on a very small part of what is otherwise a superb figure. That to me is looking for faults. Sure we can highlight the fault, but the constant need for people to regurgitate the same problems over and over again is definitely looking for the faults, rather than just accepting as a part of the figure.

Celebrate how good it is, don't dwell on the bad.

Can't say how upset that i am that i may not get this figure

with ModelZone going into administration i've lost out and now the prices are ridiculous

i'll have every avenger except Iron Man, so I may actually think about selling them because there really is no point

oh well, can't be too excited about Hulk either now

I'll trade you a mark VII for a mark VI.

Back