Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still not 100% sure if im gonna keep this one or not, the neck still looks a little odd to me and some proportions seem off, depending on the final product looks i may keep this, i love the suit design just hope the proportions look right in hand.

Still not 100% sure if im gonna keep this one or not, the neck still looks a little odd to me and some proportions seem off, depending on the final product looks i may keep this, i love the suit design just hope the proportions look right in hand.
The proportions will never look spot on simply due to articulation. I get that they want to add articulation but I feel like they go too far to the point where it just looks weird due to it.

I rather they limit it just a tad so that the proportions are better on these figures.

This is the same figure albiet without the added weapons pods and with the added battle damage and I think the proportions look great.

555034_10151345053487344_2032320078_n.jpg

This is the same figure albiet without the added weapons pods and with the added battle damage and I think the proportions look great.

555034_10151345053487344_2032320078_n.jpg

In that photo his head looks spot on, but in most of the other photos he looks like a turtle...

As keeps being said over and over, Hot Toys has a habit of not fully seating the head down on the neck. They have done this since at least the Mark IV if not before.

As keeps being said over and over, Hot Toys has a habit of not fully seating the head down on the neck. They have done this since at least the Mark IV if not before.

That's why I've never collected any ironman figures, I did get the Mark 42 PO'd, by far has the best proportions(neck+head) and looking forward to the rest of the die cast series as for better/improved proportions...

That's why I've never collected any ironman figures, I did get the Mark 42 PO'd, by far has the best proportions(neck+head) and looking forward to the rest of the die cast series as for better/improved proportions...

No, what he is saying is that the head and neck are not being pressed all the way into place when the figure is being set up for some of these photoshoots and displays.

This is why there seems to be such a discrepancy with regards to neck length from photo to photo.

Anyone who owns a Hot Toys Iron Man probably knows what I am talking about. But the point is that I am not worried about the appearance of the neck length in some of these pictures.

Oh god..I wish I can go back and find those pictures of the Mark VII where they didn't even put the chest in properly and people were bashing this figure for it.

They never set the figure up properly.

Oh god..I wish I can go back and find those pictures of the Mark VII where they didn't even put the chest in properly and people were bashing this figure for it.

They never set the figure up properly.

Yup this is very true. They have gotten better about it for promo photos. Seems like their posing gets better all the time.

^ There you go. Look at that "thing" :lol

It was in the early stages where they used rubber undies on it since it was just a prototype.

Was put together so badly. :slap They got some what better but you would think they would do their best at putting it together the best way possible before displaying it.

Was put together so badly. :slap They got some what better but you would think they would do their best at putting it together the best way possible before displaying it.

My understanding was that there was no "official" Hot Toys booth at SDCC and all the HT stuff was just part of the Sideshow display. which meant it was probably some random Sideshow staffer that pulled the Mark VII out of a box, probably in multiple pieces for shipping, and set it up.

Given that it was the initial unveiling of the figure, I would imagine that more than a few people at Hot Toys were pissed.

Yup, this figure was bashed for days because they thought this was how the figure would be.

Was a terrible put together though. Was by a regular staff so what can you do.

In that photo his head looks spot on, but in most of the other photos he looks like a turtle...

Yeah, I totally, completely, agree with what you said here. If the regular Mark VII has proportions like this battle damaged one, then I am so down for buying the Hot Toys version over Play Imaginative's just to save a buttload of moolah.

Back