Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UK usually gets them later than other places, no?

The official distributors do. But if you order abroad you get them faster.
It just depends on where you order from.
I never order all figures from one place. I usually spread my pre-orders around.
I have a guy on here in NY i ordered my BW and Loki from, someone in the UK i ordered MKVII and Coulson from, and another place entirely i ordered a spare BW from.

I did not PO this. Hope my local agent got spares. Could be one of the last IM figures I am getting considering that the 2 new ones are die-cast.

kinda pisses me off I am no longer paying for parts, labor and overhead. Now I am paying for the supermodels, celebrity appearances, massive promotional block parties, special figure promotion holograms, and special interactive holograms where you pretend to suit up like iron man.

Hot toys thinks itself to be apple computers of high end figures. Problem with that is apple has a unique core qualities. In the toy world, anybody can out-sculpt you if they apply the effort. Hot toys has dozens of licenses. Companies like EB or Play Imaginative concentrate on a single license and blow your *** out of the water.

kinda pisses me off I am no longer paying for parts, labor and overhead. Now I am paying for the supermodels, celebrity appearances, massive promotional block parties, special figure promotion holograms, and special interactive holograms where you pretend to suit up like iron man.

Hot toys thinks itself to be apple computers of high end figures. Problem with that is apple has a unique core qualities. In the toy world, anybody can out-sculpt you if they apply the effort. Hot toys has dozens of licenses. Companies like EB or Play Imaginative concentrate on a single license and blow your *** out of the water.

They are the Apple of the high end toy market. EB and PI are chicken feed to them. Neither have the capacity, funds or connections to compete right now and that's the problem. They also lack vision to perhaps explore less marketed lines outside of blockbusters to appeal to the collectors (See Walking Dead, Dexter, Game of Thrones). As one of these up and coming places do some good (Enterbay T2 and Dark Knight 1/4 scales), they **** all over the customers with poor service and crappy QA/QC. All the while strengthening HT's grip on the space. As long as the competition is not there, either you buy HT's or you don't.

In my 40 plus years of action figure collecting (and models) I've seen it before, they're getting the fat head and eventually they'll get to big for their britches and then the bottom will fall out. No company that starts to get some real success seems to ever to be able to keep their heads on straight for long.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII

I feel you bro. I started collecting in March this year and now I have 27 Hot Toys without counting the soon to arrive Red SKull and Captain America : Rescue ver.

They are just addictive.:nana:
I got like 12 or more on pre order... it seems they are all coming 4th quarter and some in 3rd quarter, so got to $$:peace

You must have a sweet collection. Wish I could afford that stuff

My waitlist order for the exclusive Mark VII will convert tomorrow. I'm honestly not sure if I want it, though. The Holographic figure seems like a weird bonus. Is that in the movie?

My waitlist order for the exclusive Mark VII will convert tomorrow. I'm honestly not sure if I want it, though. The Holographic figure seems like a weird bonus. Is that in the movie?

They're not. They're just in case you have some display where Tony is looking at them or something.

Duuuuude when were those taken? The pictures from that last expo got me really excited cause the proportions looked MUCH better from comic con and stuff. The helmet and neck looked great then...this worries me haha.

I am honestly just suspecting that the neck isn't seated all the way down on some of these photos.

Take any previous Hot Toys Iron Man and you'll notice that you can pull the head and neck up a bit while it is still attached to the interior post.

Given the scale of these figures, a few millimeters can make for quite a perceived difference.

Yeah they often don't fully seat the necks on the IMs to allow for more dynamic neck poses. They have done it with every IM figure for promo shots.

Everyone LOVED the IV and the VI. This one will be no different. They certainly will not be taking a step backwards when it comes to Iron Man figures,especially the one from Avengers.

In general across all toys they make one of the really notable things they constantly improve on is the overal proportions of the figures. Most notably because they're basically naked and the line has run a long time you can really see it with the Predator line.

The same has been true of the IM figures. Each new wave of figures has shown improvements in proportions. I'd say the AU MKII is the best they have done yet and I expect the Mark VII to be better as well.

Pictures can be very deceptive especially convention photos which by necessity are taken under poor lighting conditions and with wide lenses because you can't stand a meter away from the subject.

i just wish cameras would do these figures justice! Even as good as OMG's pictures are, they are not as good as the figure actually is. If Hot Toys could get a professional photographer to take their pictures, they would sell way more product!

Back