Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In general across all toys they make one of the really notable things they constantly improve on is the overal proportions of the figures. Most notably because they're basically naked and the line has run a long time you can really see it with the Predator line.

The same has been true of the IM figures. Each new wave of figures has shown improvements in proportions. I'd say the AU MKII is the best they have done yet and I expect the Mark VII to be better as well.

Pictures can be very deceptive especially convention photos which by necessity are taken under poor lighting conditions and with wide lenses because you can't stand a meter away from the subject.

Exactly. We have no reason to believe this figure will be any less than amazing once we have it in hand!

I posted that comparison before but it's pretty astonishing how much lenses affect what something looks like especially at smaller scale. Most people can't tell that there's lens distortion either unless it's very extreme like a fisheye lens.

For example depending on the angle and lens you can have a 1/6 figure's head look double the size it actually is with just a standard zoom lens that most cameras come with.

In general across all toys they make one of the really notable things they constantly improve on is the overal proportions of the figures. Most notably because they're basically naked and the line has run a long time you can really see it with the Predator line.

The same has been true of the IM figures. Each new wave of figures has shown improvements in proportions. I'd say the AU MKII is the best they have done yet and I expect the Mark VII to be better as well.

:exactly: There is a lot of difference in proportions of the original and the AUV.

And, since we're talking about it...

That's why there's no point in asking. It'll go up for PO when it does. SSC reps never give us correct answer when it comes to things like that.

Looks so good!

62103741514523853101916_zpsb006d546.jpg

7767060128_14027bf843_o_zps4e174589.jpg

7767003874_ef47512ee9_o_zpsa8d647aa.jpg

:thud: :drool

Just leaked! Looks like we'll be getting the Pod with this figure due to high demand for it! :clap:yess::yess:

58002_10200345170384638_1297205885_n.jpg

Just kidding..someone just made a model of it. Really wish they would include this though..

I'm still SO looking forward to this one.
I feel like it'll join the ranks of the Mk.2 AU in terms of having the most accessories and displayble options. Which I'm definitely going to enjoy.

Yeah, I really dig the way he looks with all the weapon pods and stuff off. I think the only clear images we have of him like that is the BD version but I think he looks even better that way. It's kinda like an updated Mark III.

what would you do with the "pod" other than pay more for the figure? are you gonna make a dio with stark falling from a building and the "pod" chasing after him?

I say screw including the "pod"...give us repulsor hands and a flight stand instead

The pod should have been the EX, instead of a lame hologram figure.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Wish I can cancel my Ex and order the Original but oh well. :dunno

I don't see the point of the hologram figure, unless if you have all of them and a light table.

Back