Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to treat all my MK's with kid gloves, I don't even lay them down on anything (cleaning, changing parts, not wanting them to fall over) unless they're on a rolled up towel or something soft for fear of scratching.

And as for falling, if it even looks like they might (when I've got them out of the cases) I lay them down.

Posing, I don't force anything.

Everything is expensive. The SS Statues are way over-priced IMO.. but that's life.. what can I tell ya.

You may have missed an earlier part of this thread. I was asked why I thought PERS sucked. I buy every marvel and dc Hot Toys. The PERS don't impress me at all. I'm fine with paying whatever for these. I just don't think PERS add any value.

I prefer to say things like "I don't really like Sideshow's statues" rather than "they're overpriced" because no matter the price I still don't like them. For me personally the price is only a limiting factor on if I am finically able to buy it, not if it's "worth" the price being asked.

If I like something I like it and more importantly if I don't like something it being cheaper doesn't make me like it more.

Has it even been definitively stated weather the Stark head has a jointed neck post, or is a sculpted one piece? I have always assumed it was one piece, but wasn't 100% positive.

There's a pic with the helmet on and the head alone displayed between the various BD pieces.

Sorry if this has already been covered, but do we know if that little red collar piece will be removable from the RDJ sculpt?

I really wish this came with a stand like the Mark II AU, IV, V, or VI so he could be in a landing pose. I love this suit for the fact of the it doesn't require the palm replusors to keep in place.

I really wish this came with a stand like the Mark II AU, IV, V, or VI so he could be in a landing pose. I love this suit for the fact of the it doesn't require the palm replusors to keep in place.

indeed, he hovers now with just his boots and the massive jet pack on his back

TheAvengers_20121208-07390425.jpg

I love that jetpack

I really hope they change this figure in production to include the booster jets being deployable. played a big role in movie imo.

I'd like an Iron Man for my collection and I'm trying to decide whether I want to get the Mark VII or wait and see what the Iron Man 3 figures are like. Although going off the pictures so far I'm not a big fan of the more gold suit from Iron Man 3 (can't remember which version of the suit it is). The Mark VI was pretty cool figure too with all the battle damaged parts.

I'd like an Iron Man for my collection and I'm trying to decide whether I want to get the Mark VII or wait and see what the Iron Man 3 figures are like. Although going off the pictures so far I'm not a big fan of the more gold suit from Iron Man 3 (can't remember which version of the suit it is). The Mark VI was pretty cool figure too with all the battle damaged parts.

I like the Mark VII too. But with all these pre-orders. It's coming down to this and the New Wolverine. Which do you guys think I should get?

I like the Mark VII too. But with all these pre-orders. It's coming down to this and the New Wolverine. Which do you guys think I should get?
I like Wolverine but the movie look isn't definitive for me (I like the comic look more than what he's worn in the movies). I might see what his look in The Wolverine is like and possibly buy a figure of him then (if Hot Toys does one). I'd go for Iron Man for that reason personally.

To me it would come down to two things:
1. Are you attempting to complete the Avengers?
2. Are you willing to wait another year for an iron Man figure? Passing up the MK VII will guarantee that.

I don't envy your choice as I have both on preorder. But I would gladly sacrifice Wolverine to complete the Avengers.

Back