Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People wanting PERS to improve a sculpt!?!

PERS sucks IMO. The good ones are mostly the ones with eye shadow or masks.

I wish they would just drop the DX moniker as it seems to make so little damn sense. Why have an entire sub-line just for one feature (PERs). I guess it works for marketing though as you hear so many people clamoring fr DXs of things.

I wish they would just drop the DX moniker as it seems to make so little damn sense. Why have an entire sub-line just for one feature (PERs). I guess it works for marketing though as you hear so many people clamoring fr DXs of things.

I know I can look it up. But then I would be reading the marketing for this item. What is the DX line? From a collectors stand point.

Sorry Mike, must disagree. The 1989 BATMAN & JOKER figures are superb advocates for the system. Sadly the system is rather fragile and needs a major design overhaul to make it more workable.

Or...maybe people need to handle their $250 dolls more carefully. It's common sense, really.

oh and don't forget Sparrow.

I think the pers on dx07 is pretty good in hand as well. Definitely better on some than others. I think it's worth a try with stark though.

Sorry Mike, must disagree. The 1989 BATMAN & JOKER figures are superb advocates for the system. Sadly the system is rather fragile and needs a major design overhaul to make it more workable.

Thats cool. I'm glad you like PERS. I wish I did. They just do nothing for me. I get the figures because I like them. The accessories and packaging are that usually come with the DX's are more appealing to me than the PERS. PERS would never entice me to buy a figure I wasn't planning on getting anyway.

But again, thats just my opinion.

Or...maybe people need to handle their $250 dolls more carefully. It's common sense, really.

oh and don't forget Sparrow.

PERS just randomly breaks. There is no way to handle it carefully. You either get a dud or a good one , it's a QC issue. If you've ever looked at how the system works you'll see how badly designed it is and how it just begs to be broken. My Bats broke when I tried to show a family member the eye's moving, it was the second time I'd touched it.

Bats, Joker and Sparrow all have some form of mask or paint around the eyes - no coincidence they are the best pieces.

I agree with mikericm - I doubt many people actually buy figures because of the PERS system. The extra's and articulation make displaying a breeze.

I really don't see any Iron Man figure needing PERS, well maybe Mandarin, depending how he turns out in the film.

People wanting PERS to improve a sculpt!?!

PERS sucks IMO. The good ones are mostly the ones with eye shadow or masks.

This couldnt be further from the truth. Its the opposite actually. The new DX Batman looks cross eyed. Jack Sparrow and Luke are great. (I guess Jack has eye liner?)

This couldnt be further from the truth. Its the opposite actually. The new DX Batman looks cross eyed. Jack Sparrow and Luke are great. (I guess Jack has eye liner?)

Like I said above the best ones - IMO - are Sparrow, Keaton and Joker which have eye shadow, mask, paint.

The problem with DX 12 is the eye balls themselves, they are some whacky spun out batman on mushrooms eye balls.

Luke is ok, I still see the sunk in effect on him but it's not as bad as Indy.

It's not just about how they look for me, it's the fact they break and cause a lot of heartache for people. CR superman is still my favorite sculpt, his eye's look perfect.

After reading about all of issues with PERS, I'd prefer to be without. Please, no PERS for the Avengers.

Back