Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII

Depends on what you consider expensive. As I have pointed out in the past there's a lot of collector hobbies that are way more expensive including the world of Ball Jointed Dolls. Those can get super expensive really fast. You can pay $300+ just for a nude body and head. There's also resin garage kits, statues, prop replicas, etc.

1/6 is kind of mid to low level in terms of cost. Somewhere between 8" action figures and larger format statues.

You know, I wasn't aware of what a Ball Jointed Doll was until you mentioned it. So I did a Google Image search and... it was creepy. Dozens of big dark lifeless eyes staring out of my computer....

The production amount we see is based on retailer purchases from Hot Toys. If retailers have unsold product, its because they over ordered not because Hot Toys over produced. HT doesn't just make 10000 and ship them out. Stores place orders. Retailers were betting on selling more then pre orders. They didn't so there is an over stock.

By over produce I was referring less to the run of a specific figure than I was to the number of figures and licenses it is tackling at once.

In retrospect, I'm glad there was only one new IM armor in The Avengers.

I think if the IM3 movie is a big success, everyone and their grandma will want the figure despite the vomitus color scheme.

Unfortunately. Still up in the air whether I want it... :dunno

Still no confirmation, but if the artist's rendition is anything to go by, we're probably looking at the final color scheme.

:slap

I'm not getting all the THINGS ARE GOING TO BURST FOR HOT TOYS SOON comments. I agree that these are all getting VERY expensive. And that sucks. But the fact that they are making more figures every year and continue to sell out ( I know there are a few still in stock that haven't sold out ) and sell for retail or higher on ebay ( I know Odin, Goblin and few other sometimes sell for less than retail ), tells me that they are still growing. Not many companies sell out all of their produce product.

I don't think the end is near for HT at all. We forget that this is a luxury. We don't need these. Its not food, or shelter or transporation. And as some of us fall away and stop collecting, for whatever reason, there will be other starting to take our place. When prices reach my breaking point, I'll probably need years of therapy. I feel bad for those who are already there.

:exactly::exactly:

im the type that buys whatever HT i like no matter the price. But i still _____ about it...makes paying 250 for this easier does it not? Mentally at least. When the time comes where you sre missing that mark 7 in your collection, you're gonna beg fors 250 pricepoint.

will mark VII only be a SSC exclusive?
I didn't see the non-exclusive version up on sideshow

will mark VII only be a SSC exclusive?
I didn't see the non-exclusive version up on sideshow

Look back through the thread. There's a link for the non-exclusive.

EDIT: Or, you know, right above this useless post.

thanks, I searched 'Iron Man Mark VII' and it only came up with the exclusive ver.

That's no problem at all. I had that same problem when I searched for it too. I just ended up taking the 1 off the Item Number:9018971 to get it to popup.

If there is a Mark VIII (and there probably is), my sig is in trouble!

Or add another picture right next to it?

Back