Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII

:rotfl:rotfl:rotflI'm a fan of the license iron man I have already almost all the armor and this one will also be mine soon!

…like I said, part of the problem is accommodating the light up feature. The regular HT wrist pegs can do that easily.

And as much as these bad boys cost, I would think HT would have addressed this by now with a switch out feature of some sort or just change up the system to accommodate that articulation...

Such an iconic pose should not be excluded.

...On the subject of style over design… as far as I know these two images are the same "design". The differences are just in the style of how they are rendered. Both are the "tin man" armor. I could be wrong but that's always been my understanding.

Image%202012.06.17%203:53:30%20PM.png

Image%202012.06.17%203:53:33%20PM.png

Great pics, dedguy, and get what you're saying in regards to artist interpretation. Really like that interpretation (not a big fan of the triangular arc window but could live with it happily if the IM design team ever went with it), especially in regards to the cable/sinew legs and the open 'mouth' on the helmet (almost makes him look villainous).

On another design note for those that have been collecting awhile and might be more familiar with what's possible to manufacture, is it likely that HT could replicate the reflective chromed (for lack of a better word) finish from the top design, or does that lead to a lot of QC problems?

I read that it wasn't canceled but delayed, it's tied to the book exclusively won't come until that does. The molds exist though already and an MKIII re-release is inevitable.

I read that it wasn't canceled but delayed, it's tied to the book exclusively won't come until that does. The molds exist though already and an MKIII re-release is inevitable.

I hope so as I'd like to get one but current ebay prices are beyond what I'd be willing to pay.

Actually 5 mins is just a rough estimate, but it sure does happen quickly when you leave it on :D

Last edited:

Sorry, I said "Pentagon/Pre-Extremis" as in "Before Extremis." The Tin Man and Pre-Extremis armor do look very similar though~

You can see both armors here:
https://stars.ign.com/articles/870/870740p5.html

or here:
https://www.ironmanarmory.com/Armors_4.html

theres Tin man and Extremis, Tin man IS the "pre-Extremis"... artists like to draw their own interpretations of the same armor...

we'll let Mike sort this...

MIKE!! (old italian mother accent)

Counting the days this figure comes out!!!

theres Tin man and Extremis, Tin man IS the "pre-Extremis"... artists like to draw their own interpretations of the same armor...

we'll let Mike sort this...

MIKE!! (old italian mother accent)

Hey, if I've offended anyone, I'm sorry. I've just known it as the "Pentagon" or "Pre-Extremis" armor and beyond the issue of what the armor is called, I agree with dedguy that artists have their own interpretations of particular armors. If it is the Tin Man armor, more power to dedguy, proves his point exactly. On the other hand, maybe the Tin Man and Pentagon armors are akin to the Mark IV and the Mark VI of the movies; two armors with small differences but still deserving of their own "mark" designation. Anyway, I'm sorry for getting this off topic :x The Mark VII is really cool, I hope we'll be able to swap out the modular armor parts! In which case, I'll have to buy two to display :lol

Since i already have two Downey heads (Mk IV and SE Mk VI), id want this to go with an open-face helmet
..that is if we cant have both ;)

Hey, if I've offended anyone, I'm sorry. I've just known it as the "Pentagon" or "Pre-Extremis" armor and beyond the issue of what the armor is called, I agree with dedguy that artists have their own interpretations of particular armors. If it is the Tin Man armor, more power to dedguy, proves his point exactly. On the other hand, maybe the Tin Man and Pentagon armors are akin to the Mark IV and the Mark VI of the movies; two armors with small differences but still deserving of their own "mark" designation. Anyway, I'm sorry for getting this off topic :x The Mark VII is really cool, I hope we'll be able to swap out the modular armor parts! In which case, I'll have to buy two to display :lol

trust me, no one is offended, :hi5: just going by the extremis story warren ellis did it was Tin Man and Extremis,

MK VII is gunna be a game changer along with Hulk, too bad we wont have it in had until March/April 2013...:(

I will say I bring it up because I was like "what really?" when I found out those two are meant to be the same armor. If you look at the sort of design elements of them you can kinda tell… but they're so different looking in a lot of ways too. Which is why I used it as a good example of why in comics you can have so much more variation just by the simple fact that you can basically alter the appearance of all reality.

In the movies you're stuck with one reality so there's always going to be a lot of similarities between the armors so long as, like I said, they are still hard armor.

theres Tin man and Extremis, Tin man IS the "pre-Extremis"... artists like to draw their own interpretations of the same armor...we'll let Mike sort this...MIKE!! (old italian mother accent)

:lol :lol :lol :lol

I'm flattered that I would "called" for an Iron Man disagreement

tumblr_m509ji9M3r1rn2e2ko2_500.png

As I understand it broken down the Tin Man armor, Extremis armor and Pentagon armor are three different armors. The Tin Man armor is a different Mark altogether whereas the Extremis armor was supposed to a completely different Mark but ended up becoming a variation or model of the Pentagon armor. The best way to look at it is that if the Tin Man armor is like the Mark III than the Pentagon Armor is the Mark IV/VI and then the Extremis would be the Mark VII. Differing slightly from Mark to Mark but if you look at the Mark VII and compare it to the Mark III it's strikingly different.

I actually think the Mark VII is more similar to the Mark III than the Mark IV is.

Back