Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII

Well damn, could be they never made the molds then. I was very sure before but with Hot Toy's obvious production bottleneck at the moment I'm not so sure. With Iron Man 3 right around the corner they're going to want to be doing at least 3 or more new Iron Man toys.

So with the MKVII do people want the feet repulsors and back boosters to light up? Or will that be considered a pointless addition to the figure? Same for the red laser on his arm, yay or nay to light up gimmick?

Just some discussion to pass the time. And finally if it comes with a Tony HS, would you prefer a helmet less one or just a lift up faceplate?

I want lighty up foot and back repulsors, lighty up gauntlet lasers, lighty up forearm missile bays, swap out BD plates, an open faceplate sculpt, a bare headed sculpt, a suit up 'missile', a nuke and anything else they can think of to throw in.

Really want them to push the boat out on this one.

The problem with the light up stuff is there's always compromises to get it to work. Most notably the wrist articulation isn't nearly as good as it could be due to the light up feature.

attachment.php

If the HT Mark VII comes with laser lights on his arm (as in the pic), I would be completely SOLD on this figure without a doubt! That would be a fresh idea and would make this figure extremely popular! :pray:

the bay for the leg missles and whatever else is under the normal armor. the silver pods are just for the extra weapon load out. pretty much everything on the mark VII that is uncolored metal is representing an unfinished addition to the hodge podge armors of the IV and VI. hench jarvis saying this mark was still not tested or ready.

at least thats how i understood it in my mind lol

:goodpost:

Never thought of it that way, but nice theory! I like it :D

Yeah that's of note that the ones with grey bits are the ones states in the film as being "unfinished". Theoretically in the world of the film both of those suits would do poorly at high altitudes.

I love my HT Iron Man Mark II, IV, VI (Avengers), and War Machine figs :yess:...HOWEVER...

When will HT be making his wrist so that you can actually get him in a pose with his arm FULLY extended out and his wrist at a 90 degree angle firing his repulsor? I would love to be able to pull off a pose like that, but if I want a repulsor pose now I have to bend the elbow to get the hand in the right position....:dunno:

Last I read it was cancelled, unfortunately.

Hopefully because there making a MK III which there not announced yet. It's such an easy money maker for HT I can't see any reason why not. There just got to change the colour. MK III's my favourite suit, I really want this to happen :pray:

attachment.php

If the HT Mark VII comes with laser lights on his arm (as in the pic), I would be completely SOLD on this figure without a doubt! That would be a fresh idea and would make this figure extremely popular! :pray:

The figures wouldn't clear US customs if they had lasers in them. They are banned outside Asia. I remember talking about having real lasers on Predator masks but someone confirmed that this was the reason why it could never happen.

I love my HT Iron Man Mark II, IV, VI (Avengers), and War Machine figs :yess:...HOWEVER...

When will HT be making his wrist so that you can actually get him in a pose with his arm FULLY extended out and his wrist at a 90 degree angle firing his repulsor? I would love to be able to pull off a pose like that, but if I want a repulsor pose now I have to bend the elbow to get the hand in the right position....:dunno:

I think all us IM Man fans want this to be done. It's such an iconic pose.

…like I said, part of the problem is accommodating the light up feature. The regular HT wrist pegs can do that easily.

The problem with the light up stuff is there's always compromises to get it to work. Most notably the wrist articulation isn't nearly as good as it could be due to the light up feature.

They could also go the BW path, where light up features are replaced by alternate white-painted parts :pray:

I always hated how I have to display my iron man suits in "shut down" mode (unlit eyes),
cant leave them on for more than 5 minutes :gah:

Flight poses would also look way cooler with translucent plastic jet boost effects
It would complete the look imo

Revoltech-Iron-Man-Mark-VI-Review-By-Hacchaka-08.jpg

I think all us IM Man fans want this to be done. It's such an iconic pose.

agreed. I think they should just include an extra set of hands that can be pegged in to replicate the post. All it takes is moving the hole from the wrist to the back of the hand

They could also go the BW path, where light up features are replaced by alternate white-painted parts :pray:

I always hated how I have to display my iron man suits in "shut down" mode (unlit eyes),
cant leave them on for more than 5 minutes :gah:

Flight poses would also look way cooler with translucent plastic jet boost effects
It would complete the look imo

https://www.gundammodelkits.com/wp-...ch-Iron-Man-Mark-VI-Review-By-Hacchaka-08.jpg

I totally agree.

The figures wouldn't clear US customs if they had lasers in them. They are banned outside Asia. I remember talking about having real lasers on Predator masks but someone confirmed that this was the reason why it could never happen.

That stinks. Thanks for the info. Makes sense now that you said it. :crying

So we're still 2 weeks away from this reveal, right?

Which means about 3-4 weeks away from the Hulk tease (feet or hands).

Which means at least 6-7 weeks away from the Hulk reveal.

Back