Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol thanks for posting that pic, I was going to pick up that head along with the neck piece, it now looks like I'm going to hold off on that expense..

The main issue is that the mark 7 head is small (pea head) HT uses a forced perspective to make the mk7 appear larger, and all the other stark heads are more normal sized so they look out of place

Head looks a little big. I think the Mk VII sculpt was downsized ever so slightly so it looked more proportionate to the suit, which is why this one looks so odd in it.

I switch up my poses several times a week so I'm not too worried. I pay big bucks for these things so you better believe I'm going to play with them lol

I don't mind posting a step by step guide with pics on how to do this pose safely and quickly if anyone wants me too :)

I wouldn't mind seeing your guide when you get time to post it up. Thanks man!

I got this poster at Gamescom in Cologne last weekend, just bought a frame for it :panic:

frame is more golden like the suit than in pic ;) ...****ty cam...

Not had the time to play with this figure recently. But ob man how cool is he?!

I still need to sculpt a custom base for him though.

Bri

D841633D-1D92-49EB-ABAE-004CFA75BE1E-7583-0000036048F2620A_zpsd48dc443.jpg

It doesn't work so well.

I think it looks awesome, the neck just needs to be slightly longer.

:clap

Question: This thread is huge, I wish there was a posing picture thread... is there just a picture thread for Iron Man posing?

I have a huge web gallery. My poses may not be too dynamic (since I'm afraid to break something) but you may still like it.

Check it out....

IRON%2520MAN%2520MKVII%2520%2528PT%25201%2529%2520133.JPG

IRON%2520MAN%2520MKVII%2520%2528PT%25201%2529%2520198.JPG

IRON%2520MAN%2520MKVII%2520%2528PT%25202%2529%2520052.JPG

IRON%2520MAN%2520MKVII%2520%2528PT%25201%2529%2520233.JPG

IRON%2520MAN%2520MKVII%2520%2528PT%25201%2529%2520262.JPG

FULL GALLERY:

https://picasaweb.google.com/VikingSpawn/IRONMANMARKVIITHEAVENGERS

y8epeqan.jpg

Finally managed to get him into this pose.
Thanks to the couple of members here that posted pics to assist me with reference pics, can't remember who exactly though.

You did it! :hi5:

You forgot a few steps:

Snap a piece off your Mark VII. It is valuable and you love it a lot so there is crying involved.

Proceed to the nearest ledge or rooftop, go to the very edge and jump off.

Fall.

That being said to see an Iron Man in that beautiful pose is amazing!

:exactly: :lol

Okay, I'm in need of some assistance from anyone who has done any modding/painting work on the Iron Man mk VII.

How/where do you acheive/get that red paint??? I cannot for the life of me get my red paint to match the coloring of the IM suit.

I mentioned before on this thread about the light glowing through his repulsor hand. It was suggested I could re-paint it with multiple layers of paint to thicken up the hand and make it more opaque. Well, I now have about 25 layers of paint on that hand and I cannot get the red looking right. I first tried (in order) primer/black/silver/red... but the red wasn't dark enough. I then tried black/gold/red... better, but still not right. I then did various combinations using metallic/pearlized red mixes. Grrr... and I'm usually really good at mixing to get the right color!
The red on his suit is more like that maroon/toyota corrolla color. ;)

Does anyone have any suggestions or know how to get that specific color?

Thanks in advance!

Oh, and one other question...
What is the staus of the faceplate mod reproductions? Are there any currently for sale? I'd love to know! ;)
Thanks...

Back