Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMO I don't mind if 5x10 gets a replacement Spidey. The only person who should care is Ryno, and he doesn't.

Hot toys should be responsible for replacing every single defective spidey in the market, no matter where it is acquired from and at what ever price it was purchased for.

Look at a company like Apple for example. I can buy an iPhone off kijiji and not have a receipt for the phone, but if the phone is still under warranty Apple will still replace my phone no matter where I bought it from and for whatever price I paid for it. I personally have done this with my older iPhone 4 that did not turn on anymore.

Manufactures needs to be held responsible for their products that are defective, just my opinion.

And 5x10 still paid $130 for his spidey, which did not include the Parker HS and other accessories that could be sold separately on eBay to make up for the money that the original owner lost on the figure.

I can take the opinions guys, no disrespect taken
If they turn me down, I'm not going to be any less happy with my spidey

I have gone through the posts again and I hope I have not come off as entitled or demanding
I simply emailed them asking if they would they would replace the figure and honestly thought I wouldn't get a response

It's your call pal. If it works, then they might be thinking let's just take care of this because we are tired of the defects and controversy..meaning they might not get into the specifics of who, where and when you got Spidey or your receipt or source.

I have to admit that might be a long shot if they bypass the specifics with you, but like I said you never know.

If it doesn't work for you, then it was never meant to be.

Good to know that you have a good attitude that if it doesn't work out, you feel that your not entitled to get a replacement.

You can always have Ryno contact them and explain the situation if they get really persistent with the details.

maybe Ryno can email you his order information if worse comes to worst

Last edited:
You can always have Ryno contact them and explain the situation if they get really persistent with the details.

Wouldn't ask that of Ryno

Thanks for the civil discussion fellas, don't want to get the thread closed with my situation
:clap

Since I'd be the third owner of a broken figure, my offer is ten pounds (about 6-6.50 dollars). Do we have a deal? You pay shipping, of course.

Oh my god. Nobody wants this figure. It's going to grow up with a serious complex and abandonment issues.

Why don't you wait until SS starts cranking them out. Especially if the shoulders are fixed, this thread will get more interesting. :lecture

No you're right, Rhino was bonded to the suit originally. Scorpion wasn't bonded to the suit, he went insane and thought he couldn't remove his suit.

Rhinos suit is changed at one point so he is not permanently bonded to the suit either. Neither is Scorpion, it's just that without the suit or the symbiote, Gargan's genetic mutation would run rampant and likely kill him.

It also matters what universe were talking about, there's a version of Scorpion where the suit is bonded to him.

I have kept my spidey in the jumping pose for the last 5 days, took him down and the suit was stretched and baggy in the back
Come back a few hours later and it's back to normal
This suit is awesome, the body can get into more extreme poses than any other spidey out there

Why don't you wait until SS starts cranking them out. Especially if the shoulders are fixed, this thread will get more interesting. :lecture

I'm only joking. I've had a Spidey on preorder since the day OneSixthBruce put it up. I'm not picking up a second (or third or fourth) hand figure; I've already paid for a brand new one.

Any other video reviews of this figure yet? So far I've only seen rynos and clippers

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Any other video reviews of this figure yet? So far I've only seen rynos and clippers

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

There was this one I saw this morning from a kid.

Before people say meh..a kid's review check out his Spidey.. He might have one of those repaired Shoulder Spideys because he was flinging the arms and shoulders easily on the figure :horror. BTW it's a non english review.

Pay close attention at 7:56 and then on. Especially at the 8:53 mark

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY6_yfd_XmY&list=PLNo_cH--YrphKqpRQphbtwgBjSfOP1rG5&index=7[/ame]

Last edited:
Not any front to back movement of the shoulders except around 9:30, I cringed when he moved it

Not any front to back movement of the shoulders except around 9:30, I cringed when he moved it

True, I can tell you laterally there is no way mine can move that fast, so either it's a new shoulder scheme or he broke it but doesn't know it yet, but seeing how he threw it back down and it looked intact i think he got a good one.

True, I can tell you laterally there is no way mine can move that fast, so either it's a new shoulder scheme or he broke it but doesn't know it yet, but seeing how he threw it back down and it looked intact i think he got a good one.

In your opinion, do u think the bracing will break with lateral movement?
Btw, thanks for the vid

Rhinos suit is changed at one point so he is not permanently bonded to the suit either. Neither is Scorpion, it's just that without the suit or the symbiote, Gargan's genetic mutation would run rampant and likely kill him.

It also matters what universe were talking about, there's a version of Scorpion where the suit is bonded to him.

Right, he's not bonded to it anymore. But like I said, originally he was (Rhino). Speaking of the 616 Universe.

Back