Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Optibotimus put up the new review and explained the fixed shoulders.
IMO looks like they did fix the shoulders :lecture

Last edited:
Check it out guys..I'm sure you guys know my view on the shoulders..Thanks Optibotimus!

He best explains at 3:20 the difference

Attention to 12:24 and then on, he shows us

These shoulders are definitely fixed and move easier IMO :lecture

I'm kind of bummed, oh well
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzJGmZ35rio&list=FLpsgpZQUU-WLAEs7xruzlvA&index=1[/ame]

Last edited:
^all HT has to do is just loosen the 2 screws on each shoulder.... Should the shoulder be hard to twist, one should still brace it, tightness may vary from figure to figure....

I have 3 spideys figures from HK with stiffer shoulders than (it appears) optibotimus'.

Last edited:
Just watched the movie again and I'm really tempted to pick this up. Sadly gonna skip it in anticipation for the eventual ASM2 version.

Hopefully for the ASM2 figure, HT makes a custom TT body or modifies one to have body proportions more similar to Garfield's body

Nice review! Def looks like the shoulders are fixed, they don't look nearly as tight as the previous reviews

On a side note, keeping spidey in a dynamic pose over time will wrinkle the suit(looks permanent) at the black piping
Same thing happened with the medi version(not mine but in the thread), except its not as apparent now because the ht suit is thinner/dif material

I didn't wanna hijack this thread with my review but i'm very happy to see that it's put some minds at ease about the shoulders.

I was told they were fixed from SSC but i was careful to handle him when i first opened him up. After seeing mine worked well and seemed to go along with what SS told me about the fix, i tried showing the durability of the shoulders in the video. I made it a point to try and NOT be very careful with them. I hope that came across

I didn't wanna hijack this thread with my review but i'm very happy to see that it's put some minds at ease about the shoulders.

I was told they were fixed from SSC but i was careful to handle him when i first opened him up. After seeing mine worked well and seemed to go along with what SS told me about the fix, i tried showing the durability of the shoulders in the video. I made it a point to try and NOT be very careful with them. I hope that came across

You did great..Thanks

What was perfect was that you also pointed out that yours didn't have the extra set of instructions for the shoulder. That could be one way someone will know they have the fixed shoulders version. :wave

I want to believe that the shoulders are fixed. This would make a cool xmas buy. If they aren't fixed would SideShow replace the figure until I got a "good" one? Could I return it for credit if it's a problem all of them still have?

I want to believe that the shoulders are fixed. This would make a cool xmas buy. If they aren't fixed would SideShow replace the figure until I got a "good" one? Could I return it for credit if it's a problem all of them still have?

I don't see why not. Not even credit, but a full refund if figure is faulty.

That is my plan at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't see why not. Not even credit, but a full refund if figure is faulty.

That is my plan at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All you have done in the past is to heap scorn on this figure and wax infinite about how terrible it looks and how plain lousy it is....

...now you are going to buy one. That's worth 50% :rotfl and 50% :slap

All you have done in the past is to heap scorn on this figure and wax infinite about how terrible it looks and how plain lousy it is....

...now you are going to buy one. That's worth 50% :rotfl and 50% :slap

From what I recall he had PO'd it awhile back with reward points from SSC.

:lol So why order it in the first place and worse...why use irredeemable Rewards Points on it? :lol

:slap :slap :slap

Why pre order it? Because he's a Spider man fan maybe? :lol

I'm assuming people pre order figures with the presumption that a high end figure can be posed without breaking it.

Why pre order it? Because he's a Spider man fan maybe? :lol

I'm assuming people pre order figures with the presumption that a high end figure can be posed without breaking it.

Which really brings us full circle because in the intervening period between PO and before the news of broken shoulders....all he's done is moan about it...:dunno

Back