Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was this one I saw this morning from a kid.

Before people say meh..a kid's review check out his Spidey.. He might have one of those repaired Shoulder Spideys because he was flinging the arms and shoulders easily on the figure :horror. BTW it's a non english review.

Pay close attention at 7:56 and then on. Especially at the 8:53 mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY6_yfd_XmY&list=PLNo_cH--YrphKqpRQphbtwgBjSfOP1rG5&index=7

AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! hahaha, It's not a marvel select kid!!

He sounds VERY young! How does a kid like that afford Hot Toys!?! Gotta love the rich parents! I sure as hell cant afford to buy my kids Hot Toys to be handled like that! LOL! :D

Are you talking about bracing it in general or bracing the shoulder when moving the arm laterally. :dunno

When I say bracing, I mean the plastic that mounts the shoulder joint to the body
I know front to back movement will snap the plastic but was wondering if you thought the lateral movement would break it
I would guess not, but I have never had an unbroken spidey

He sounds VERY young! How does a kid like that afford Hot Toys!?! Gotta love the rich parents! I sure as hell cant afford to buy my kids Hot Toys to be handled like that! LOL! :D

I used to wonder that myself, but there are a lot of YouTube vids of kids getting HT figures. I think I saw a kid in Europe get the Hulk and the 1/4 EB Terminator:lol....................................SPOILED!!!

Last edited:
When I say bracing, I mean the plastic that mounts the shoulder joint to the body
I know front to back movement will snap the plastic but was wondering if you thought the lateral movement would break it
I would guess not, but I have never had an unbroken spidey

Who told you that? :dunno

I've moved mine back and forth to hell and back and still solid as the first day. just got to move it gently and you are good. :lecture

But for the Lateral, just straighten the arm gently while raising it. you will hear it crunching and extending, when the sound is gone you have the extension you want and your done.

Hope this helps :wave

I used to wonder that myself, but there are a lot of YouTube vids of kids getting HT figures. I think I saw a kid in Europe get the Hulk and the 1/4 EB Terminator:lol....................................SPOILED!!!

veruca-freak-out-1-o.gif

lol wow.. that terminator figure is like the opposite of a kids toy, haha

:rotfl :exactly::exactly:

A classic scene and great song btw :clap

I loved that girl's voice..you can tell she had real talent, but she sang while staying in her annoying, bratty character which is really impressive!

One my favorite holiday films!

You guys want to see spoiled check this out..Fast forward to 5:15 and watch the rest
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7KkIPf-h3U[/ame]

Last edited:
Who told you that? :dunno

I've moved mine back and forth to hell and back and still solid as the first day. just got to move it gently and you are good. :lecture

But for the Lateral, just straighten the arm gently while raising it. you will hear it crunching and extending, when the sound is gone you have the extension you want and your done.

Hope this helps :wave
Stiff joints and weak bracing
The front to back movement would put the most pressure on that bracing, IMO, while lateral movement would not(based on how it's mounted)
If you watch clipperkings most recent spidey video, you can see there is no worry about lateral movement, only front to back
Maybe it's both way?

Stiff joints and weak bracing
The front to back movement would put the most pressure on that bracing, IMO, while lateral movement would not(based on how it's mounted)
If you watch clipperkings most recent spidey video, you can see there is no worry about lateral movement, only front to back
Maybe it's both way?

Hmm, I actually find the forward and back movement easier for me, the Lateral I have to be a bit more careful. Either way no problems for me.

Hmm, I actually find the forward and back movement easier for me, the Lateral I have to be a bit more careful. Either way no problems for me.
I wonder why they broke
Maybe some joints are tighter than other

this post needs LINKS!!! I hope they break it on camera and then realize they should at least read the instructions before playing with it. :lol

I hope everyone would get their Spidey soon so that we can finally find out if HT really fixed the figure.

BTW movie thread -------->

Back