Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woot! Hot toys actually responded to my request to replace my spidey!
They want a video, same protocol clipper king got
I'm keeping my fingers crossed

So show them your YouTube vid when they see it they'll be convinced :lol

Yes sir, but hot toys is willing to repair even if its not bought through a direct channel(see clipperking)

Thanks, Well see, at least they responded

Nice! I tried but they didn't respond to me. I'm glad for you!

Why bother deducing, i think every single villain in the spiderman films so far have known or figured out that Peter Parker is Spider-man!

Not so secret identity!

He can hardly keep that mask on :rotfl

Well at least he has a secret identiy. He's like the only Marvel character on film currently that keeps it a secret, even if people see through it.

Which drives me crazy at times watching ALL of the SM films. His mask was always coming off or he was revealing himself for one reason or another. He might as well do what Tony Stark did and cut the BS and just tell everyone who he is! :slap

Well he's not alone, Cap loses the mask as often as possible and Thor doesn't even wear his helmet, same with Hawkeye.

I say its the egos... but also the studio needing to fill 2 roles (the hero and the character)

we obviously need to see PP AND Spiderman, but the ego part is where that want to mask getting damaged

Woot! Hot toys actually responded to my request to replace my spidey!
They want a video, same protocol clipper king got
I'm keeping my fingers crossed

Didn't you buy it off Ryno knowing it was broken?

You need to make things a little more clear 5x10. You could be opening yourself up for a whole heap of hassle. You see...

I am not sure about the message that this sends out. The context of your posts seems to indicate that HT did not know that you'd bought it broken. Did you inform Hot Toys of this element? Every time you've posted, you have not said so.

Even so, if they are doing a replacement when you've bought from a third party vendor, isn't it a bit rich to demand a free replacement for something you bought knowing it was already broken?

That's taking advantage of a goodwill gesture...isn't it?

Yes sir, but hot toys is willing to repair even if its not bought through a direct channel(see clipperking)

From a third party seller but undamaged surely? Surely the presupposition on HT's part is that this has been bought new and undamaged, and that it has broken in your possession? Saying the above is not the same as saying....

Yes sir, but hot toys is willing to repair even if even though I told them I'd bought it knowing it was already broken.

I hope I have explained myself clearly.

You need to make things a little more clear 5x10. You could be opening yourself up for a whole heap of hassle. You see...

I am not sure about the message that this sends out. The context of your posts seems to indicate that HT did not know that you'd bought it broken. Did you inform Hot Toys of this element? Every time you've posted, you have not said so.

Even so, if they are doing a replacement when you've bought from a third party vendor, isn't it a bit rich to demand a free replacement for something you bought knowing it was already broken?

That's taking advantage of a goodwill gesture...isn't it?

From a third party seller but undamaged surely? Surely the presupposition on HT's part is that this has been bought new and undamaged, and that it has broken in your possession? Saying the above is not the same as saying....

I hope I have explained myself clearly.

I agree with you at first. however if it is a result of the product just being faulty (as is highly probably) then its more of a recall situation I would say. plus HT got their money from Ryno (who took a loss) and now their replacing it. no harm

I agree with you at first. however if it is a result of the product just being faulty (as is highly probably) then its more of a recall situation I would say. plus HT got their money from Ryno (who took a loss) and now their replacing it. no harm

There is no harm, but that doesn't make it morally right.

DGTwoodward has quoted me above when i stated that this was bought with the knowledge that it was broken, there was an implication in that post which I think DGT has picked up on.

I actually messaged the mods to ask if bringing it up any further would be trolling or flaiming, I decided not to get into it but it's come up anyway

5x10 seems like a nice fella, I don't want to offend anyone.

But I do not agree with this. What Rick did was try and create a channel/path, for those who unknowingly purchased potentially faulty figures, to get a resolution.

What has happened here is the item has been bought knowing full well that it was faulty, 5x10 has said this and does not hide it, he said for a while that he didn't mind having a broken Spidey. Which is fine.

However, what is being done is abusing what Rick had set up.

I'm sure if Hot Toys were aware that this was purchased with the knowledge that it was broken and from a previous owner, they would decline to assist. You would have to be dishonest to them to get around this if they ask where it was purchased from.

I can't agree with this.

I don't feel I am abusing the situation, as I won't be getting a misb spidey, just a new body(if they replace it)
I will not profit off of it as I have no intention of selling a spidey body and head(it's not complete, no sculpt, no base, box, etc)
If hot toys knows there were qc issues with a batch and are willing to replace the body, why shouldn't I?
I will have to pay additional shipping charges to send it out internationally and when it's all said and done, I will have spent about $150 for a spidey body and head, not out of the realm of what these will be selling for in the near future(again, just head and body)

And hot toys has not asked where I got this from, all they said is the exact same thing they sent clip
"We will not replace figs from third party vendors, now send us a video of what's wrong"
I've never said where I got the spidey from and they have not asked , I'm not sure what heap of hassle I am exposing myself to when a company is willing to replace a figure, even though it does not follow its own guidelines(see clippers situation of buying from a 3rd party and getting it replaced)
All I did was ask if they were willing to replace and it appears, they are willing to

Email from them(which is different from rynos but the same as clips)
Hello,

Would you please provide us with any video support/ video channel on the right shoulder defect of The Amazing Spiderman for our checking?

We will get back to you soon after receiving the above information.
Thanks!

Remarks: After-sales service will only be provided for first-hand purchase via official channels.
After-sales service is not applicable for purchase on online auction sites (e.g. eBay, Yahoo) and unofficial channels.

Due to the limited edition nature of our collectibles, we cannot guarantee that all accessories or items can be replaced. Please note that over 30 days of purchase or product released for more than 1 year will NOT be accepted. Hot Toys reserves final rights on all replacement requests.

Best regards,

Nice! I tried but they didn't respond to me. I'm glad for you!

Thanks Ryno!!!

Last edited:
If hot toys knows there were qc issues with a batch and are willing to replace the body, why shouldn't I?

And hot toys has not asked where I got this from, all they said is the exact same thing they sent clip

Hot Toys are obviously aware that there have been some issues with this figure.

They are making steps to rectify that for the genuine customers who bought this without knowing about these faults, which is rare for them.

Since they know about the problem, they seem to be assuming that each contact they receive about this is from one of these genuine customers.

The fact that they have not asked you where you got it from highlights this to me. But just because they have not asked or because they are being naive does not mean that you are entitled to a replacement or to not tell them the truth, that you were fully aware that it was faulty.

To me that is dishonest and exploiting the situation. If you were not happy to have a broken Spidey figure, then you should not have purchased a broken Spidey figure.

At the least you should not expect a replacement.

I don't want this to close the thread again so if anyone else has thoughts, let's keep them peaceful

Abuse like that is the exact reason companies say must be bought through official channels :\ .

If you think you've done nothing wrong, which I'm not saying you have, then be honest with HT and tell them exactly where you got it, and the fact that you only bought the head and body. Then let them decide if you should be entitled to a new one.

I can take the opinions guys, no disrespect taken
If they turn me down, I'm not going to be any less happy with my spidey

I have gone through the posts again and I hope I have not come off as entitled or demanding
I simply emailed them asking if they would they would replace the figure and honestly thought I wouldn't get a response

Last edited:
Buy a broken Spidey on the cheap only to return it for a MISB one - niiiiiice.

:rotfl My thoughts exactly.

5x10, if I'm honest, it sounds like you're lying through omission to HT. Your comments about how they don't know because they haven't asked seems like you know that what you're doing may not be 100% kosher. But I'm not judgin'. I really don't care what you do. I kinda feel like, you know, Hot Toys jerked us around with this figure by delaying it time and time again, and then released it with a huge QA issue. So I can't sit here and defend Hot Toys and say, "Look, they are bending over backwards for their customers! :clap" They haven't exactly been a beacon of transparency through this whole ordeal either, so if you're looking for avenues to get a quality figure, I can't say I object.

Not that you need any of our approval. :wink1:

Back