Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want that set but I don't wanna pay that for it

I feel you on that one, I did buy it though the other day after thinking about it for a while, its pricey but its also a one stop shop for just about everything needed for the bash, considering what it would cost to hunt down and buy all the those parts its really not a bad deal. I plan to give the backpack to spidey and use the rest to bash parker.

I like the Amazing Spider-Man 2 suit way more than the one from the first movie. So they better have one coming out for that one.

I like the Amazing Spider-Man 2 suit way more than the one from the first movie. So they better have one coming out for that one.

I'm right there with you. Hopefully they will have something to show right around the release of the movie like they are doing with Cap America.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi my spider-mans legs seem too unpeg from the lower half of the knee. It does seem to peg back in but is this normal or should i contact sideshow?

Finally completed my Parker bash:

Many thanks to those who came before me and allowed me to swipe their ideas: Rorywan provided the template for the skateboard graffiti, and he and galmando were kind enough to share their recipes for the clothing. I used a pair of Hot Toys Lt Gordon glasses, Hot Toys Joe Colton jacket, striped white & black stockings(!) for socks, 1/6 Nikes, black slacks, grey long sleeved shirt, blue hoodie, and Sweeney Todd hands. I bought an extra HT ASM masked head and stripped the mask from the head to use as an accessory, I purchased a light green military backpack and dyed it blue, the straps didn't dye but I thought it looked ok, did some alterations on the straps so I could attach the skateboard. Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with the results, sorry for the crappy pictures.
Oh, the camera. I tried in vain to acquire an Enterbay Che Guevara camera, finally settled on a cheap substitute, used some of the leftover backpack straps to make a camera strap.

Nice looking Parker.. I would love to do something like that with my hs but those pieces are probably the cost of another figure. I can see paying about 200 for those parts

FINALLY got my Spidey! Very cool figure. New batch too. Few pictures:
mepu8ane.jpg
yhy8aded.jpg
qavanu5u.jpg
ba9y8uhu.jpg

Will do a few poses later!

Cheers

Bri

Finally completed my Parker bash:

Many thanks to those who came before me and allowed me to swipe their ideas: Rorywan provided the template for the skateboard graffiti, and he and galmando were kind enough to share their recipes for the clothing. I used a pair of Hot Toys Lt Gordon glasses, Hot Toys Joe Colton jacket, striped white & black stockings(!) for socks, 1/6 Nikes, black slacks, grey long sleeved shirt, blue hoodie, and Sweeney Todd hands. I bought an extra HT ASM masked head and stripped the mask from the head to use as an accessory, I purchased a light green military backpack and dyed it blue, the straps didn't dye but I thought it looked ok, did some alterations on the straps so I could attach the skateboard. Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with the results, sorry for the crappy pictures.
Oh, the camera. I tried in vain to acquire an Enterbay Che Guevara camera, finally settled on a cheap substitute, used some of the leftover backpack straps to make a camera strap.

Awesome! Glad I was able to offer some help, like you, I owe a lot to Rorywan

And you got the striped stockings for the socks as well! Me too!

It's one of those details that you may hardly see, but it's nice to know it's there, right?

just for the heck of it... dip the mask into some hot water... it'll soften it up a bit and look less solid. just be careful not to get the lenses in there, since they will fog over. Love the parker bashes!! So good!!

Awesome! Glad I was able to offer some help, like you, I owe a lot to Rorywan

And you got the striped stockings for the socks as well! Me too!

It's one of those details that you may hardly see, but it's nice to know it's there, right?

Oh yeah, I agree, it's the little touches that make it! Thanks again for the guidance!

just for the heck of it... dip the mask into some hot water... it'll soften it up a bit and look less solid. just be careful not to get the lenses in there, since they will fog over. Love the parker bashes!! So good!!

Thanks for the tip, I'll try that! :lecture

I'm really diggin' this figure! It's much better in hand! Nkt 100% Garfield - but still cool!

I'm looking to get a backpack similar to the one he wore in the film. Anyone know who would sell one like it?

Here is a few pictures!
e9azyne6.jpg
y5apepuj.jpg
jubugyne.jpg

Bri

Back