Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked up a tech deck skate board, I think I'm going to use the wheels and make my own custom wooden board, maybe use fine grit sandpaper painted black to make the top. I'll post photos when I get started.
Tech deck actually makes a larger size board that is closer to 1:6 scale than their standard decks. I can't remember the name of the line but I almost grabbed one at Target. Also, you can find black sandpaper already. No need to paint it

Tech deck actually makes a larger size board that is closer to 1:6 scale than their standard decks. I can't remember the name of the line but I almost grabbed one at Target. Also, you can find black sandpaper already. No need to paint it

I went to toysrus, had to past target to get there to:slap I just started my project anyway, cut the board shape out of thick balsa wood, sanded it round and smooth, now I'm going to steam the wood and shape the arches next:panic:
IMG_20140409_185331.jpg

I refused to touch my spiderman figure (mainly cause i'm really digging this pose despite its flaws/defects) to risk the other shoulder breaking as well, so I took 2 shots from this pose and did the best I could in explaining the defects on my piece:

zian.jpg

jwvw.jpg

othg.jpg

Hi guys,

I've just received my ASM HT yesterday. I'm really happy with him.

He was the last one in stock from my seller... And he had the "warning paper"... It's a little bit scarry but I'm still happy.

So, I just read a lot of pages from this thread, especially from "Guyver1" and others things about how to move correctly the shoulders of this little guy.

I can gently move his arms and make some poses, but I think I've the same problem described on the quote above. The shoulders can't rotate anymore from a certain point. I feel a "stop limit" over a little 20° (maybe little less or more) and I know if I go upper, I'll break something.

I've tried the "wrench" method, but no success. I can't make the shoulders rotate to put the arm up, only backward and forward movement and some lateral stretching. I'm a little bit confused with all this terms, I hope I'm clear in my details.

It's a little bit frustrating. My shoulders still not broken cause I'm really carreful and gently with my figure but ... you know ... frustrating...

Again, I'm happy with it, just try to understand why some guys can move the shoulders even on the "olds ones" but not mine.:(

Cheers.

Can someone fill me in. I keep on hearing about a shoulder problem and then I heard about different batches of the figure. Is the shoulder problem on nearly every figure or not?

First batch of the figure has the shoulder issue. Subsequent batches do not. There is no way to tell the batches apart so don't buy this figure from eBay. Major retailers should have the fixed version.

I bought mine from a good friend of mine from eBay. The shoulders are perfectly fine. No issues.

Bri

Mine does not seem to have issues (seller checked thoroughly and is a friend of mine) with shoulders, but I'm still being cautious. Anyone know how exactly Hot Toys screwed up with the shoulders?

First batch of the figure has the shoulder issue. Subsequent batches do not. There is no way to tell the batches apart so don't buy this figure from eBay. Major retailers should have the fixed version.

So Sideshow received all the "Fixed" shoulder versions?

Back