Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Half of the people here complaining about the price would go and buy Batman tomorrow even if HT put it up for $250

I'd buy this figure for $250 if I felt it deserving. To me (at least) the price is bothersome but if I like something then i'll shell out the cash. I don't like HT transition from film to figure in this case. :dunno

That image is brilliant; think the lenses bug me the most, personally, but for $200, it should be pretty dead on, IMO. Did you post this on their FB page yet?

I agree. I emailed it to them and sent it to them in a Facebook message.
I actually added one more thing to the image that I sent them. Web pattern between the eyes. There are actually more things inaccurate about the figure, but my list was already getting pretty long.

Hopefully they find the time to make a change or two to make this the best Spider-Man figure. I'm not sure I'll be buying it if they don't fix the eyes and the belt area.

Here was the list that I sent to them:

HEAD
1. Eye lenses: They are bright yellow on the figure. They should be darker and more reflective.
2. Eye lens frames: They look black on the figure. They are dark blue in the movie.
3. Mask web pattern: There are three web circles on the nose. There should be two.

BACK
4. The red curve on the upper-back: It is too wide and too round. It should be smaller and more square.
5. The back spider's upper legs: The outside legs curve outward. They should curve inward.
6. The back spider's bottom legs: They almost touch the belt. They should stop before the belt.
7. The back spider's side legs: They should be closer to the seam.

TORSO
8: The red belt area: It is currently flat. It should be more round.
9. The red belt area: It is too short. It should extend farther down.
10: Stomach Web Pattern: It stops too early. It should extend farther down.

HANDS
11: The hands: The hands are missing a black pad on the palm.

Last edited:
But skipping this because of the price and then going off and buying ones that cost more won't change a damn thing

Neither will purchasing this and feeling the need to justify the price:dunno No ones acting like this should be cheaper "just because", even when compared to recent HT releases and prices, there is no way in hell you can say HT isn't overpricing this.

Hope they do a new set of pics when the headsculpt gets approved, of that and ones with him shooting the web

I'm pretty sure we'll either see a backstage pass of for the Garfield sculpt or a few extra pics like when Thor got updated along with showing the Loki extras

Waaaaaayyyyy overpriced...and I thought Red Skull was expensive...nope this one is an all time high for getting so little....

Wow. You guys should be working for HT. Why not send it your resumes?
As an artist, I've got an eye for detail. There were plenty more things I could have added to the list, but I had to draw the line somewhere.

If they want to pay me to do this for all of their figures, they can go right ahead. :rotfl

Wow. You guys should be working for HT. Why not send it your resumes?

To be fair most points raised seem valid

I know a lot of nit-picking goes on, but then some of it is legitimate.

Ultimately there are a few things not quite right with this figure the more that i look at it, and i think the biggest problem is the colours.

I've been looking at the RPF forum where they're making replica costumes and so there's a lot of examination of the actual movie suit, and the red on this is just too bright

It's not that it should be darker, it's that it's completely missing the blue drop shadows in the honeycomb pattern that give it it's depth. If you look at the movie suit compared to this, you can clearly see the 'darker' areas around the chest and toward the groin as the red bit stops.

For the price that they are asking, it's not much to hope that these little details get picked up, it's a lot of money for something that right now simply isn't accurate

Seems overpriced and under-accessorized for a figure we know is going to get a rerelease announcement within a year of the actual figure shipping.

Of course most points are valid. I understand that fully. And I see the same things any of you artists see. But sending HT a laundry list of corrections to be made is pointless. HT's people know what they're doing, are already aware of most things they've "missed" according to the fans, and will improve on their work until the final product releases, if they so choose.

Of course most points are valid. I understand that fully. And I see the same things any of you artists see. But sending HT a laundry list of corrections to be made is pointless. HT's people know what they're doing, are already aware of most things they've "missed" according to the fans, and will improve on their work until the final product releases, if they so choose.

I figure the same thing, but I have seen Hot Toys respond to fan reaction before. They almost always improve upon their protos, especially after people throw a fuss. It doesn't hurt to send a list. All they gotta do is hit, "delete" if they don't want/need it.

Sending it to them probably wont make a difference. But in the small chance that it might, why not?

Back