Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you hate the price dont be a tard and order it anyway..if you truly hate the prices..dont buy them..and eventually they will come down. If you buy it, you have no right to complain about the price.

Wow. I just saw the price. HT/Sideshow are out of their minds. I didn't see it in the pics or specs but this figure must come with a gold bar. RIDICULOUS.

Will I buy the figure? Yes.
Will I pay $205? Nope.
I'll get it on ebay when the price inevitably drops to $150.

I am just waiting for the market to bottom out on this stuff..it will be sad...because it could mean the end for both Sideshow and Hot Toys (Personally I dont know how Medicom stays in business). There is a ceiling that these prices will eventually hit where collectors cannot keep up to in the masses. Part of me will be upset I wont have any dollies to collect if they go out of business..the other part says serves you right....we shall see

I am just waiting for the market to bottom out on this stuff..it will be sad...because it could mean the end for both Sideshow and Hot Toys (Personally I dont know how Medicom stays in business). There is a ceiling that these prices will eventually hit where collectors cannot keep up to in the masses. Part of me will be upset I wont have any dollies to collect if they go out of business..the other part says serves you right....we shall see

Yes all true- HT will implode. Biggest problem I see is higher prices with crummy sculpts and inaccuracies all over the place- plus cheap production issues! They have bit off WAY more than they can handle- and it shows.:lecture

Wow. I just saw the price. HT/Sideshow are out of their minds. I didn't see it in the pics or specs but this figure must come with a gold bar. RIDICULOUS.

Will I buy the figure? Yes.
Will I pay $205? Nope.
I'll get it on ebay when the price inevitably drops to $150.

That's my strategy aswell.:lecture

Since the figure comes with 2 heads and 2 necks...

And the break in the costume is at the lower collar/base of the neck

The pleather covering on Spidey's masked head should be a one piece with with the covering on the neck... making it seemless like HT first blue/red spidey (and not like Black Spidey)

If you hate the price dont be a tard and order it anyway..if you truly hate the prices..dont buy them..and eventually they will come down. If you buy it, you have no right to complain about the price.

:goodpost:

But skipping this because of the price and then going off and buying ones that cost more won't change a damn thing. Half of the people here complaining about the price would go and buy Batman tomorrow even if HT put it up for $250

Since the figure comes with 2 heads and 2 necks...

And the break in the costume is at the lower collar/base of the neck

The pleather covering on Spidey's masked head should be a one piece with with the covering on the neck... making it seemless like HT first blue/red spidey (and not like Black Spidey)

I suppose they don't want the turkey neck issue

Back