Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Suit looks awesome to me, there is room for both this and classic.

60% of the complaints here about the figure have been about price not being what people wanted, 30% about not liking the suit design itself, 5% about what it comes with and 5% about accuracy

If you're one of the ones who don't like this suit, don't let the door hit you on the butt on the way out :lecture

Was going to get this but will have to think about it. I was going to pose him with the Avengers. The price along with being another 4th qtr release don't help.

Well in this case they should drop it $45 then if they respond to fan complaints..otherwise I think most people here are still out on ordering it..no matter what costume adjustments they make

Both of these won't happen, hot toys wouldn't lower a price, they may include something but wouldn't lower a price besides this seems to be sideshows pricing problem if other retailers have it less and half of the people bandwagoning against this will likely pick it up at some point anyway

Was going to get this but will have to think about it. I was going to pose him with the Avengers. The price along with being another 4th qtr release don't help.

No way will this release this year though.

I know but it's making it very difficult to work out what's coming out in december and budgeting for it. priority is the year the Avengers.

If you're one of the ones who don't like this suit, don't let the door hit you on the butt on the way out :lecture

REALLY? As much as you comment on every avengers and batman thread about how much you hate all those releases, you're going to tell someone that doesn't like this suit to stay out of this thread?

Priceless

Not a buy for me, even if the movie is awesome.

Suit looks too plastic-y and I can't help thinking the web pattern on the head looks like he has an orifice in the middle of his face normally found closer to the other end of the digestive tract :wink1:

Suit looks awesome to me, there is room for both this and classic.

60% of the complaints here about the figure have been about price not being what people wanted, 30% about not liking the suit design itself, 5% about what it comes with and 5% about accuracy

:clap:clap

As always the same negative people are taking over the threads!! Complaining about the price. They can save their $50 dollars and then wait till another figure is announced and spend $300 on that one..lol:rotfl:rotfl

These people will never learn that prices go up and the world is ever changing. :slap

Also this will not be out till early next year for sure and as always HT will polish everything up by then.

They eyes have a gloss to them in this pic. Looks like it could be a layer of thin clear plastic to give it a reflective look.

548828_10150898460362344_616279696_n.jpg

I really like this figure, and I'm a big fan of the new suit. The only thing holding me back right now is the price.

Will have to wait a bit before I decide to pull the trigger.

:clap:clap

As always the same negative people are taking over the threads!! Complaining about the price. They can save their $50 dollars and then wait till another figure is announced and spend $300 on that one..lol:rotfl:rotfl

These people will never learn that prices go up and the world is ever changing. :slap

Also this will not be out till early next year for sure and as always HT will polish everything up by then.

The price is a reasonable nit here, considering other figures at that price are coming with several accessories and he isn't besides the extra head and the given of extra hands and some webbing, so far it looks like just a basic stand too. If they threw in a rockin' base I'd probably be in though...

I agree with you Biz. A nice cool base, and it's golden. As it stands with the presumedly rehashed webs and no sculpted base, it seems slightly high.

Who knows, maybe Lizard will be the base like Sandman. :huh

I agree with you Biz. A nice cool base, and it's golden. As it stands with the presumedly rehashed webs and no sculpted base, it seems slightly high.

Who knows, maybe Lizard will be the base like Sandman. :huh

Exactly Lee, Exactly! Gimme a nice chunk of a sky scraper or something to pose him on and I'm in...:hi5: Otherwise...I'll play the odds and hope I can find him on clearance at some point...:impatient:

I have defended the movie, the suit,the actor, the eyes. I'm all good with the movie (until I see it, at least).

The toy is leaving me cold. The eyes are too orange and flat. The wrinkles too pronounced, and too much blue from too many poses. And then there's the price.

That's OK. I've spent enough for one lifetime.

Back