Hot Toys - MMS175 - The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Thor Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well for some of us its nice to have the flex pay since we order multiple things.

doesn't make a difference :p

Flex pay just helps people budget, if you're good with your money, the cash you're handing over to SS each month could be sitting in your account earning interest.

instead, its in their account.

but this suits the type of people who, if they see this extra $$ sitting in their bank account, would go spend it on something else.

either way, they're catering for both :D

Flex pay just helps people budget, if you're good with your money, the cash you're handing over to SS each month could be sitting in your account earning interest.

but this suits the type of people who, if they see this extra $$ sitting in their bank account, would go spend it on something else.

Exactly!!!! or the ones that are hiding the habit from the wife!!!

:clap:rotfl

...Flex pay just helps people budget, if you're good with your money, the cash you're handing over to SS each month could be sitting in your account earning interest.

I get what you're saying and I understand that some people like to keep a hold of their cash or credit until it comes to pay, but the interest argument really doesn't hold any water. Zero interest in a chequing account and savings is negligible, too, nowadays, especially if you're moving money back and forth (generally there's fees for that). It really just boils down to a control thing with people and their money. Interest isn't part of the equation when we're dealing with relatively paltry sums over a short period of time (longest flexpay I've seen is 5 months).

I always thought the flexpays came last and those that POed got taken care of first. What do I know :dunno

I think if they get a full shipment from HT then they ship out flex orders when their last payment hits and everyone with one payment gets them as fast as they can get them out.

I do not think sideshow really cares who ordered 1st or last just that they ordered.

I get what you're saying and I understand that some people like to keep a hold of their cash or credit until it comes to pay, but the interest argument really doesn't hold any water. Zero interest in a chequing account and savings is negligible, too, nowadays, especially if you're moving money back and forth (generally there's fees for that). It really just boils down to a control thing with people and their money. Interest isn't part of the equation when we're dealing with relatively paltry sums over a short period of time (longest flexpay I've seen is 5 months).

I have had the Batmobile on flex for 10 months. I really like flex on something that crazy expensive, i do not have to think about it and if some unexpected major expense comes up the month that it is released i do not have to cancel because i only owe $60 instead of $600.

Huh. That's a surprise. My last flex for Thor was charged yesterday and I got a shipping notice today. It says I should have him Tuesday. I thought Black Widow was coming first. There haven't been any notices sent out for Thor, have there? Flexpay people don't get those, so I don't know.

This is what I do. In the past year I earned .24 cents on my account.

SUCK IT!

This many things on Flex kind of defeats the purpose. 15 HT's at an average of $200 each is $3000 in HT's. Divided by 5 months, you're still looking at $600 a month that you could have just sat on to buy them all as they arrived.

To each is own !!' Does it really matter?

I'm really confused about when Thor is shipping from sideshow, and who is getting shipping notices and when. I did something incredibly stupid and I accidentally canceled my order, which I placed a few weeks after he went up for preorder, so I had to order him again just a few weeks ago. The Cap shipping notices seemed to all come at the same time for almost everyone, or at least within two or three days.

To each is own !!' Does it really matter?

For people who break multiple things down to afford them, sure it matters. But if you've got a spare $600 a month that you can spend on Hot Toys, you really don't need FlexPay do you? Just defeats the purpose lol.

This many things on Flex kind of defeats the purpose. 15 HT's at an average of $200 each is $3000 in HT's. Divided by 5 months, you're still looking at $600 a month that you could have just sat on to buy them all as they arrived.

To each is own !!' Does it really matter? All I know is I Flexed because of preference and now have it shipping and arriving on Tuesday!!! 👍👌

For people who break multiple things down to afford them, sure it matters. But if you've got a spare $600 a month that you can spend on Hot Toys, you really don't need FlexPay do you? Just defeats the purpose lol.

Your absolutely right! But for some of us it's easier or should i say justify to spend $600 vice $3000 and have to explain it to our significant other! Lol

Your absolutely right! But for some of us it's easier or should i say justify to spend $600 vice $3000 and have to explain it to our significant other! Lol

Oh no I agree completely lol, but the likelihood of all 15 figures dropping in the same month and having to explain $3000 is zero lol. People can spend their money however they want, but complaining about Hot Toys/Sideshow having your money because of delays in production? If you're dropping $600 a month, that was your choice. For the person dropping $50 a month, thats more understandable because they pieced it out.

Oh no I agree completely lol, but the likelihood of all 15 figures dropping in the same month and having to explain $3000 is zero lol. People can spend their money however they want, but complaining about Hot Toys/Sideshow having your money because of delays in production? If you're dropping $600 a month, that was your choice. For the person dropping $50 a month, thats more understandable because they pieced it out.

To be honest I think it's easier to swallow 2-3 pre orders at say $60 a piece on Toys for adults! ;)

I've got one flexpay left on DX 2.0, two left on Thor and my flexpay on Coulson begins next month. It doesn't hit the wallet as hard and it gives me money to p.o. other things without having to wait because I have to pay off a figure in one big chunk.

Even if I have payments left on flex pay I tend to pay off the balance for the figure once it's in stock. Just like I had with Thor, BW and DX12. All paid off and ready to ship.

I just received 2 shipping notices, I'm guessing one is for Bane and one for Widow, although I've only been charged for Bane, strange:dunno

Back