Hot Toys - MMS175 - The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Thor Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really confused about when Thor is shipping from sideshow, and who is getting shipping notices and when. I did something incredibly stupid and I accidentally canceled my order, which I placed a few weeks after he went up for preorder, so I had to order him again just a few weeks ago. The Cap shipping notices seemed to all come at the same time for almost everyone, or at least within two or three days.

I got my final flex payment ( which was scheduled to charge March 5 ) / shipping notice Friday March 1st.

Monday March 4, I got the YOUR FINAL PAYMENT IS BEING CHARGED TO YOUR CARD NOTICE.

Tuesday March 5, I got a notice that my final payment was charged and it would be shipping within 72 hours.

Today, Wednesday March 6 @ 7:38pm, I got the UPS tracking number and notice that it should arrive Tuesday March 12.

That was the whole process for me with Thor and Bane. And I ordered both the day they were put up for PO.

This many things on Flex kind of defeats the purpose. 15 HT's at an average of $200 each is $3000 in HT's. Divided by 5 months, you're still looking at $600 a month that you could have just sat on to buy them all as they arrived.

It's ok because 5 figures I just have one more payment and 2 figures I used my reward points and the rest I could pay monthly with no problem so flex helps me alot:hi5:

then flex paying makes no sense if your getting charged over 2/3 of the figure's price 6 months before it comes out, with all that time you could have the figure saved for and them some:dunno

Seriously? It would be perfect and I would not moan...it should all work fine. But then the reason it does not work is because they just do not stick to their own schedule!

THEY come up with the schedule for your Flex payments....not you, them. You have to stick to any condition they say, but then they don't, hence the six month wait, two thirds payment down, no real information and loads of people getting the figures just by going to the site today (for example) and just buying one straight.

Now I don't have a problem with the people that do just go to the site and buy on straight, I am glad for them as these are fine products, but that should be from stock that is over and above the numbers of items being held in trust for those that have already pre-paid the majority of the cost of figure a whole half of year before.

Alright so here is the skinny. I called and got a hold of someone who would actually tell me what's going on. They did receive a " small batch " of Thor figures and they were only taking care of the flex pay customers that had a payment scheduled for the 5th. They also said it would be another 20 to 30 days before the rest will be showing up.

Another 20 to 30 days? Crap. :impatient:

Huh. That's a surprise. My last flex for Thor was charged yesterday and I got a shipping notice today. It says I should have him Tuesday. I thought Black Widow was coming first. There haven't been any notices sent out for Thor, have there? Flexpay people don't get those, so I don't know.

Congrats! Post pics when you get him! :clap

It's as well that this guy looks boss on display, as his costume is one of the most annoying, I've ever come across.

One of his sleeves popped out from under the vest. Not easy to fix at all, so I stripped his top half down. The strap holding the sleeves on hadn't been glued on properly. Fixed that.

Then I realised that one of his arms kept popping out at the elbow. Sleeves off again, a dab of glue on the socket, to hold it in place. Sleeves back on, vest back on, armour back on, gauntlets bac...

The gauntlets! Holy ****!

Would they go back on over the sleeves? **** no!
I ended up wrapping some plastic around the arm to reduce friction and slide the gauntlet up over that. Not perfect, but the alternative was going insane trying to slide them on normally.

He feels very top heavy, especially with his hammer. I don't think I'd risk leaving him unsupported.

And as for the cape... Grrrr!

I'm about to water treat some parts of it, so wish me luck.

In the mean time:
20130306_192830.jpg

looks good tho :wink1:

Just got a "charging soon" e-mail from SS! Looks like March 21st is the day SS will start the charging/ shipping process for us non-flex folks. :)

Here's hoping they offer early processing on him too!

Sallah

Just got a "charging soon" e-mail from SS! Looks like March 21st is the day SS will start the charging/ shipping process for us non-flex folks. :)

Sallah

Same here. One day after the Joker notice and just after paying for Bane. Expensive month!

Sallah

Same here! Pretty excited about Thor arriving!

between widow thor and joker sideshow hit me pretty hard out this month, its not like i have a bachelor party and a wedding for my buddy this month..oh wait- i do, god damn it

I got my final flex payment ( which was scheduled to charge March 5 ) / shipping notice Friday March 1st.

Monday March 4, I got the YOUR FINAL PAYMENT IS BEING CHARGED TO YOUR CARD NOTICE.

Tuesday March 5, I got a notice that my final payment was charged and it would be shipping within 72 hours.

Today, Wednesday March 6 @ 7:38pm, I got the UPS tracking number and notice that it should arrive Tuesday March 12.

That was the whole process for me with Thor and Bane. And I ordered both the day they were put up for PO.

Thanks, I was curious! I just got my "charging soon" email. Processing on March 21st! I wonder if we'll see any differences between these batches? I believe it's been known to have happened in the past.

If anyone takes the sleeves off for a moment can you please post a pic

Thanks, I was curious! I just got my "charging soon" email. Processing on March 21st! I wonder if we'll see any differences between these batches? I believe it's been known to have happened in the past.

NP. I try to pay close attention to exactly when a figure is set to arrive in the warehouse and start shipping. And since I put everything on flex pay, I occassionally have to call get my final payment moved up to get the figure asap. Thor and Bane were scheduled perectly. Pure luck. Widow was not. I had to move her up to yesterday from the 25th.

Back