Hot Toys - MMS175 - The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Thor Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All that Kathy at SS told me was that it would be this month for Thor and Joker they have no information on. Don't know what Hot Toys is doin but they're making this collector very impatient lol

All that Kathy at SS told me was that it would be this month for Thor and Joker they have no information on. Don't know what Hot Toys is doin but they're making this collector very impatient lol

It's the fact that at least 5 boardies are claiming to have an email about Thor and such. At this point I believe they are full of ****.

It's as well that this guy looks boss on display, as his costume is one of the most annoying, I've ever come across.

One of his sleeves popped out from under the vest. Not easy to fix at all, so I stripped his top half down. The strap holding the sleeves on hadn't been glued on properly. Fixed that.

Then I realised that one of his arms kept popping out at the elbow. Sleeves off again, a dab of glue on the socket, to hold it in place. Sleeves back on, vest back on, armour back on, gauntlets bac...

The gauntlets! Holy ****!

Would they go back on over the sleeves? **** no!
I ended up wrapping some plastic around the arm to reduce friction and slide the gauntlet up over that. Not perfect, but the alternative was going insane trying to slide them on normally.

He feels very top heavy, especially with his hammer. I don't think I'd risk leaving him unsupported.

And as for the cape... Grrrr!

I'm about to water treat some parts of it, so wish me luck.

In the mean time:
20130306_192830.jpg

Last edited:
Alright so here is the skinny. I called and got a hold of someone who would actually tell me what's going on. They did receive a " small batch " of Thor figures and they were only taking care of the flex pay customers that had a payment scheduled for the 5th. They also said it would be another 20 to 30 days before the rest will be showing up.

Alright so here is the skinny. I called and got a hold of someone who would actually tell me what's going on. They did receive a " small batch " of Thor figures and they were only taking care of the flex pay customers that had a payment scheduled for the 5th. They also said it would be another 20 to 30 days before the rest will be showing up.

Must have been a small batch.

It's as well that this guy looks boss on display, as his costume is one of the most annoying, I've ever come across.

One of his sleeves popped out from under the vest. Not easy to fix at all, so I stripped his top half down. The strap holding the sleeves on hadn't been glued on properly. Fixed that.

Then I realised that one of his arms kept popping out at the elbow. Sleeves off again, a dab of glue on the socket, to hold it in place. Sleeves back on, vest back on, armour back on, gauntlets bac...

The gauntlets! Holy ****!

Would they go back on over the sleeves? **** no!
I ended up wrapping some plastic around the arm to reduce friction and slide the gauntlet up over that. Not perfect, but the alternative was going insane trying to slide them on normally.

He feels very top heavy, especially with his hammer. I don't think I'd risk leaving him unsupported.

And as for the cape... Grrrr!

I'm about to water treat some parts of it, so wish me luck.

In the mean time:
20130306_192830.jpg

I did warn you about the gauntlets :lol

Your cape looks fine though, wish mine hung like that straight out of the box :monkey2

right?:exactly: I'm paying in full and I POed on day one, makes no sense

And they have had $150 of my money in their bank account starting since October last year, before they ever see dime one of your money, so to me it makes perfect sense.

It makes me think that I (and those Flex-ers like me, whose due date is the 15th) should take next precedence over anyone who pays in one go...seeing as they have already had two thirds our cash for 5 months.

And they have had $150 of my money in their bank account starting since October last year, before they ever see dime one of your money, so to me it makes perfect sense.

It makes me think that I (and those Flex-ers like me, whose due date is the 15th) should take next precedence over anyone who pays in one go...seeing as they have already had two thirds our cash for 5 months.

I'm not a flex pay guy, but I do see your point.

then flex paying makes no sense if your getting charged over 2/3 of the figure's price 6 months before it comes out, with all that time you could have the figure saved for and them some:dunno

then flex paying makes no sense if your getting charged over 2/3 of the figure's price 6 months before it comes out, with all that time you could have the figure saved for and them some:dunno

Well for some of us its nice to have the flex pay since we order multiple things.

Back