Hot Toys - MMS175 - The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Thor Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$220? With a couple of extra hand sets and a bank drive thru tube?

Is there a Hot Toys "kiss my a$$ emoticon??"

Is this one really worth it over the first Thor figure they made?

That's a hard one.

Hopefully the pants are of thicker material and the ankles are stronger.

The entire outfit definately looks better, especially the arm armor, it's just a nicer outfit overall compared to Thor.

But no helmet since he didn't wear one in Avengers.

Hell, he barely wore it in Thor. :lol

I'm buying him and keeping both. :slap

Last edited:
Is this one really worth it over the first Thor figure they made?

It's a much better figure as the costume and proportions are perfect, it's just the brow and big forehead that is throwing the the likeness off, basically HT just need to redo the the whole upper part of the face and it would be a home run IMO.

Anyway I'm getting it and I'm keeping my v1, just really hope they fix the likeness.

My problem is that if I had to choose I would probably get this one, it's just that what happens if hypothetically speaking I get the whole avengers line. Ok cool. When avengers 2 comes out I'm pretty much screwed. I think Cap is a safe bet, as I don't think his costume is going to change. I have the first captain America and want to get the avengers version just because I'm a cap fan. But it's gonna suck if they keep bumping up their prices and changing all of these figures

My problem is that if I had to choose I would probably get this one, it's just that what happens if hypothetically speaking I get the whole avengers line. Ok cool. When avengers 2 comes out I'm pretty much screwed. I think Cap is a safe bet, as I don't think his costume is going to change. I have the first captain America and want to get the avengers version just because I'm a cap fan. But it's gonna suck if they keep bumping up their prices and changing all of these figures

You do realise Avengers 2 won't be out till 2015 at the earliest don't you? You've got Thor 2 to worry about before that :lol

It is pretty much a given newer versions of IM, Cap, Thor and Hulk's will emerge via individual and Avenger projects. I'm not in a quandary whether to purchase, if they look good I'll buy. If they look average, I'll pass until the next version emerges.

It isn't a "given" HT will release the entire line up for Avengers 2 nor is it a given Fury, BW or Hawkeye will be part of the team. I'd imagine they would be however, they are second tier characters who can be replaced. I am more undecided whether to pick these up even tho I think Fury and Hawkeye sculpts represent an average effort at best.

Just back from oversea, & finally got time to look at the pictures. I think if Hot Toy can slightly lower down the body armor, the pant & the waist portion change to softer material. I guess this will make the figure more proportional & the neck area will expose more.

AvengerTHOR.jpg

Body: center 2 circle plates should be below the chest level.
Pant: bottom dark grey area should be lower.
Waist: hard material make the body armor push up, causing the neck looks shorter.
529769_10150723127907344_58690437343_9615405_390912283_n.jpg

579013_10150723127352344_58690437343_9615402_1749572075_n.jpg

574482_10150723127722344_58690437343_9615404_1730770175_n.jpg

529769_10150723127907344_58690437343_9615405_390912283_n.jpg

Has anyone noticed in this pic it looks like the sleeves are separate, so maybe you can have a sleeveless option??

Back