Hot Toys - MMS175 - The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Thor Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im not saying it looks any more like Hemsworth than the original but I really don't think that one is without its flaws, to me the bigger body, height difference and no part line in the hair makes it a much better figure. Just my opinion I think its awesome to find something you are happy with, thats really what its all about.

sorry, cant find a better pic
i already sold my first Thor :D

THORedit.jpg

Alot got lost in the translation... Geez! That proto sculpt is better than the rest so far.

It's got issues, but I'm wondering for both this HS and Cap's if part of the problem is the scowl. Most of the pics of these actors are in a neutral expression, not contorted with angry eyes. Even when they do make a mad face in a film, it lasts for a second or two. Are there any "angry Thor" pics that can be used for a better comparison?

Just came back from the film. Know what could be an awesome accessory? A translucent hammer stand for a "Thor summons his hammer" pose.

Im not saying it looks any more like Hemsworth than the original but I really don't think that one is without its flaws, to me the bigger body, height difference and no part line in the hair makes it a much better figure. Just my opinion I think its awesome to find something you are happy with, thats really what its all about.

I wasn't referring to the actors likeness either. The body, paint apps (hair, face), sculpted hair etc. are a major improvement.

I managed to resist getting the first version due to the expressionless sculpt and baggy sleeves and I knew an avengers version was coming. Thankfully the entire uniform has been improved, the sleeves especially. People complain about him being too bulky but if you look at pictures of him with and without the sleeves the armor makes his arms look bigger. And I can forgive the hs this time because I'm a fan of the character and I don't have a Thor figure. But does anyone else think the hammer is too small?

I can't wait untill someone has this in hand. A couple things I'm interested in knowing...

1. Can a headswap be accomplished? I'm a tradtional fan of Thor, and I like the Helmet. I don't like the longer hair. In the movie it's not as bad as I thought, but on this it looks total 80's Ballad Band.

2. Is the hammer gonna be so heavy this time? The right arm on my V1 is shot. The elbow won't bend with the hammer 'cuz its so heavy, the shoulder won't hold the arm laterally, and the only way to get a raised arm pose is by rotating it up at the shoulder like Thors about to hurl it...kinda like a football.

If there truely is some advancements, and a good size difference I'll probably pick him up, but if not I'm just gonna keep modding my V1, possible buy some of these costume parts on feebay (especially the chainmail), and wait to see whats up with the 1/4 figures.

For me, there's no point in having multiple costumes in the same scale. I'm only getting Hulk and Hawkeye in 1/6th for sure. Cap is tempting....but this....I'm not so sure.

Am I the only one that thinks that the first version headsculpt looks better than the new one?

Really? :lol

I thought everyone hated it because they were basing their opinions on the ugly prototype and the in-hand photos that doesn't do the HS justice.

:exactly: HAHA
i always said in the Movie THOR Thor thread that the V1 thor is not photogenic

(edit: wow didnt realize i just said thor thrice)

Am I the only one that thinks that the first version headsculpt looks better than the new one?
Hot Toys Thor version one included a really bad Chad Kroeger headsculpt.

Hot Toys Thor version two will include a really good Leonardo Dicaprio headsculpt.

I agree with many that the hs for this looks off, but I'm probably more forgiving than I should be about figures not being quite up to the standards I'd wish.

What's really getting to me for some reason is the cape. I liked the cape from the first figure, which actually helped to give v1 Thor more presence. But here it seems too...wide? I want to say. There's something about the shape of it that doesn't seem right. It feels like it should hang heavier, and not billow/flare out quite so much.

Like this. (forgive the 30 second photoshop)

Image9.png

I understand that it doesn't always hang like that, especially for action poses. But to me in most of the shots the cape still doesn't look like it knows what it's doing anyway. Wish HT might have tried using a different material for it.

Know I'm obsessing too much, but that along with that head is just killing this for me. Would also like to see an image of Thor holding the Tesseract container. He has a palm for it, but is it just me or do the handles in the one picture where it's shown look too small for the hand to fit?

Back