Hot Toys - MMS175 - The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Thor Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh brother. Thankfully some of us have been around long enough to know you couldn't be more wrong if you tried. :lol

The hate on the Thor pf in this thread is pretty funny. :lol

lebowski-opinion.jpg

The hate on in most of these threads is pretty funny. Some collectors forget about what level of collectibles used to be out there for the fanboy/comic geek... It was a dark time.

This is a golden time.

I agree. Everything we get today is so much better than what we used to get. I'm not surprised the Thor pf getting bashed in this thread to be honest, but if they were honest they would admit all are pretty good while not dead on.

I agree. Everything we get today is so much better than what we used to get. I'm not surprised the Thor pf getting bashed in this thread to be honest, but if they were honest they would admit all are pretty good while not dead on.

That wouldn't be the in thing.

In all seriousness if you really think sideshow can't sculpt humans then you just haven't been paying attention. I've got numerous items that are dead on and have seen numerous other items that are as well. Sure they have misses like anyone else but they get more hits more than others. Maybe in the 7 months you've been here you just haven't seen enough product (could also be because you've been collecting for seven months as well).

In all seriousness if you really think sideshow can't sculpt humans then you just haven't been paying attention. I've got numerous items that are dead on and have seen numerous other items that are as well. Sure they have misses like anyone else but they get more hits more than others. Maybe in the 7 months you've been here you just haven't seen enough product (could also be because you've been collecting for seven months as well).

Well, I did say I made my judgement based on what I have seen so far. And I have seen many PF's that just looks awful. Could you show me the ones that you think looks great? If you have any photos, show us some of the headsculpts up-close.

Well, I did say I made my judgement based on what I have seen so far. And I have seen many PF's that just looks awful. Could you show me the ones that you think looks great?

Anything sculpted by Trevor Grove. And if you still think the sculpt looks off, you need to be blaming the paint.

even though its not in the film, I wish they would have included a helmeted portrait as well. Would have hidden the ugly face sculpt to a degree and likely would have got a purchase out of me. Now I'm passing and still don't have a Thor in my HT collection

Wait till in hand photos show up... that's what I'm doing. If it still doesn't look like him when those hit, I will be Thor-less as well (which sucks since he's my favorite Avenger) :(

I've been around here longer than a lot of people and I'm also a big Thor fan and Hot Toys has missed the mark on this new figure for me and Sideshow's production work on the Thor PF doesn't look much like Hemsworth to me either.

I was mega-excited about the reveal of this 1/6 figure even though I already have the first Thor version, but am currently unhappy with this new likeness and don't feel ashamed in saying so. I feel that in some cases the complaining can get a little out of hand, but if something doesn't look right and we're paying out higher and higher premiums for this stuff, we have a right to expect a better product. Hot Toys can bring a better Hemsworth sculpt. Sideshow is great in certain areas, but I've always felt that their work on capturing realistic human likenesses in paint or sculpture in some cases has been a little off. Their creature work, some of the Joes, and some of the comic premium formats look great. However, for a lack of a better word, there's a certain cartoonish aspect built into those lines that works for them, but doesn't work when it comes to realizing a true to life likeness of a real person, especially so when it's blown up to 1/4 scale proportions.

This is just my opinion and anyone can feel free to disagree with it. After all, we're members of a discussion forum and that is what keeps the discussion going. Just out and out pointing others as being wrong and buddying up with people that think everything sucks on one side or that everything is great on the other end of the spectrum isn't what I want to do.

Well, I did say I made my judgement based on what I have seen so far. And I have seen many PF's that just looks awful. Could you show me the ones that you think looks great? If you have any photos, show us some of the headsculpts up-close.

I dont collect much 1:6 scale SS stuff, but I think their Old Obi Wan is on of the best sculpts they have done.

Their PF Indy, Gandalf the Grey and Jack Sparrow are some great work as well.

I wouldnt blame the sculpts, but more the factory paint that has the problem.

I've been around here longer than a lot of people and I'm also a big Thor fan and Hot Toys has missed the mark on this new figure for me and Sideshow's production work on the Thor PF doesn't look much like Hemsworth to me either.

I was mega-excited about the reveal of this 1/6 figure even though I already have the first Thor version, but am currently unhappy with this new likeness and don't feel ashamed in saying so. I feel that in some cases the complaining can get a little out of hand, but if something doesn't look right and we're paying out higher and higher premiums for this stuff, we have a right to expect a better product. Hot Toys can bring a better Hemsworth sculpt. Sideshow is great in certain areas, but I've always felt that their work on capturing realistic human likenesses in paint or sculpture in some cases has been a little off. Their creature work, some of the Joes, and some of the comic premium formats look great. However, for a lack of a better word, there's a certain cartoonish aspect built into those lines that works for them, but doesn't work when it comes to realizing a true to life likeness of a real person, especially so when it's blown up to 1/4 scale proportions.

This is just my opinion and anyone can feel free to disagree with it. After all, we're members of a discussion forum and that is what keeps the discussion going. Just out and out pointing others as being wrong and buddying up with people that think everything sucks on one side or that everything is great on the other end of the spectrum isn't what I want to do.

:goodpost: :hi5:

Agreed. A lot of people point out really small insignificant flaws in these figures that I normally don't care about but the Thor figure doesn't even resemble Hemsworth, or atleast to me it doesnt. They really need to go back to the drawing board with this one, not too impressed

I agree with Josh. Some are spot on, some are close and some look like they weren't even using a referrence picture.

With that said, I don't mind if the headsculpt only resembles the actor a little. Although these are suppose to be movie accurate figures, I am buying Thor because I love the character. And the same goes for all. Sure its a bonus when they hot a homerun with the HS, but I'll take any and every Marvel and DC character they want to make. of course, this is just my opinion.

wtf--------------
the first thor had yellow hair
this one has gold hair
i mean does anyone at ht watched the movie?????
these things are not had hard to overlook
the 2nd edition should be called
thor----goldilocks edition

I just get the feeling you haven't seen many but without getting this thread totally off topic I'd say just go through SS site. There are numerous statues and PF's that look really good.

Honestly how many hot toys figures have good headsculpts?maybe 3 or 4.they miss the mark more often than they hit it.usually there heads kind of look like the character and have nice paint apps.whiplash,thor,ledger joker,t800,rdj iron man,abigail whistler,sarah conner,v1 batman bale head,beserker predator,hans landa,and captain america to name a few.all of them are decent and I own and love them all but there is a lot of room for improvemeant on all of them.

Yeah but they used to be around $150 or less... the norm is slowly creeping up to $200. The head sculpts needs to improve if the pricing keeps going up.

I just get the feeling you haven't seen many but without getting this thread totally off topic I'd say just go through SS site. There are numerous statues and PF's that look really good.

:exactly:

I mean you don't even have to go far back. Look at the new SS Dutch PF. Probably the BEST Arnold likeness to date from any company and one of Sideshow's best looking PFs to date as well. Production paint has always been sideshows Achilles heel when it comes to comparing to other companies for realism. But sculpt have been top notch many times.

Back