Hot Toys - MMS175 - The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Thor Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Better patterns... or various sizes in different locations .... but just like the first...
Specs:

Well we will see.
If it's like the first version they must have used different muscle arms.

Cause I make the sleeves more thight on my V2 and no way it is taking the shape of the arms as good as this one.

That is why I leaned more to sculpted sleeves.

as expected we have a piss-off steve rogers's headsculpt

and a slighty enoyed thor's headsculpt

should be the other way around

i like this version better than the first one.
also, just got out of the movie and it looks like im picking this guy up along with the rest of the team!

I've read so many posts in this thread complaining about the whole helmet issue

For those who have and those still waiting to comment on such issues, give it up!!!

See the movie, come back and then post

You should know by now that Hot Toys tend to tailor their figures and accessories to specific movie and scenes from within that movie

So if there is no helmet, that ain't their fault. This not a Thor re-release, this is Thor as represented in The Avengers

... or various other actors/characters as they appeared in different films depending on what you think of the HS

:goodpost::goodpost:

at last someone speaking sense, wish people would stop moaning about the lack of helmet he only wore the helmet in Thor for about a minute and that was only to appeal to comic fan boys. In all honesty the helmet is ridiculous and makes no sense its far too over the top thats why the modern Thor doesnt wear it.

Im liking this Thor, i was a little unsure on the head sculpt, again the expression but its better then the plain dull look of the first :)

the main thing im disappointed about is the lack of accessories i HAVE seen the film and so know there isnt alot he could come with but it would of been nice to see something more or at least make it cheaper in price
the idea of a build a figure type is growing on me.

I don't particularly like the headsculpt, I do think the first one has a better likeness, I think what ruins the sculpt is the brow, I don't recall Hemsworth ever having that kind of expression. in the film.

I wish it came with something else to make it more unique than the Thor figure. Nevertheless I don't expect perfection but i do expect this to be the cheapest figure, should really be cheaper than the original.

HT-Thor-05.jpg

Just for example this is what got before + Mjolnir rock and an extra hair piece. We get less here so it best be cheaper!

Last edited:
In some pics the HS looks like a pissed off transvestite in others it looks just okay. I don't see much resemblance to the actor though :(

1st one better??? how blind are you

383526_10150907435819575_777374574_12158335_1003521607_n.jpg

FOR ME..This does look more like Thor than the 1st version, absolutely. If this is the same sculptor who sculpted Indiana Jones.. he is very capable, but.... His jaw line (side to side when looking head on) is to wide as seen in the photos above. He or who ever always seems to make the chin boxy when it should be more pointy. This is still a cool figure in my opinion and will most likely get him for my Avengers 1/6 Dio display I'm planning on making. It not nearly as bad as the flames burning for it now in previous posts.. but this is par for the course.

I think there's a logical reason why no sleaveless look. HT is ptoducing the avengers in their battle costumes. The sleaveless, capeless outfit is his "civilian" clothing, before he does his "By the Power of Grayskull" mojo.

Just as we get no Stark figure, Rogers in trousers and leather jacket or Banner, we won't, by that same logic, get civilian Thor.

I think there's a logical reason why no sleaveless look. HT is ptoducing the avengers in their battle costumes. The sleaveless, capeless outfit is his "civilian" clothing, before he does his "By the Power of Grayskull" mojo.

Just as we get no Stark figure, Rogers in trousers and leather jacket or Banner, we won't, by that same logic, get civilian Thor.

I think you're partially right

You're explanation of why we haven't seen sleeveless Thor makes sense, and i'm inclinde to agree. But i DO think that we'll see 'civilian' Thor somewhere down the line

It's such a cool look and it is a different outfit so it's sonething for them to fiddle about with

Back