Hot Toys - MMS175 - The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Thor Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reposting!

V1 head with V2 hair and body.
Better IMO.

383526_10150907435819575_777374574_12158335_1003521607_ncopy.jpg

I don't understand how you find second head better?

This is perfection. I would be 100% happy for Hot Toys to reproduce the old headsculpt and just stick the new hair on. Mighty fine job elvis :clap

(MY OPINION)

You're explanation of why we haven't seen sleeveless Thor makes sense, and i'm inclinde to agree. But i DO think that we'll see 'civilian' Thor somewhere down the line
There is 0 point of making a sleeveless and cape'less Thor figure separate to this one because you will be able to do that with the figure anyway. The same way all the dudes in HK get the pieces off to sell individually on ebay.

Reposting!

V1 head with V2 hair and body.
Better IMO.

383526_10150907435819575_777374574_12158335_1003521607_ncopy.jpg

I don't understand how you find second head better?

I like that touch up and maybe ht will change the sculpt but tbh if they dont im happy to have the current one i think it looks awesome in certain angles and i like the fact it has an expression to it

Just so that we can all see what has been done to the costume for the movie, I put this together. You can see that despite initial similarities, they are totally different designs...

THORTwinFigurecombo.jpg

And secondly, someone commented on the previous, superseded (and now locked) thread, RDC2 I think, that the figure is out of proportion. I have to say that I agree. The position on the shoulders and on down the arms, is set way too low for the relatively high position of the head. This means that he either has the neck of a giraffe, or trapezius muscles like door-steps!!

It is there on all the pictures to a certain degree, but this one seems to show it up in such a way that i can easily highlight with some crappy outlines (drawn clumsily by me so be patient :pray:)...

THORedit.jpg

I am also not too sure about the girth of the figure. Have they used some version of an 'Arnie' body as the basis for this one? I know that the overall size of the 1st figure's arms came under dispute but now overall, he seem really seriously wide compared to the v1. Like they have listened to the constructive criticism from the v1, tried to address it but over-shot by a certain amount.

That aside, I like it. I will wait to see what the price is before I decide on POing it. I'd bet $215, the same as Cap:A. I cannot see it being any lower.

What do you think, rubbish art attempt aside?

This looks awesome and, to a good degree, an improvement over version 1.

But not enough to make me replace my old one. I love it enough to stick with it.

I must be crazy (or sane), I haven't committed to any HT Avengers figure yet...

There is 0 point of making a sleeveless and cape'less Thor figure separate to this one because you will be able to do that with the figure anyway. The same way all the dudes in HK get the pieces off to sell individually on ebay.

You could do that, except it wouldn't be anywhere near accurate as his 'civvie' outfit is completely different, the torso, the cape lining and even the gauntlets

e92cf6f3.jpg

I think we will see this in time. This outfit is as different to the battle costume as is the Thor v1 to the current Avengers suit.

1st one better??? how blind are you

383526_10150907435819575_777374574_12158335_1003521607_n.jpg

The first one is better in every respect from the middle of the nose upwards.

The new one has too big a forehead/hairline is too receded.

Eyebrows are way too arched, eyes are wrong...

Then face is too 'full', chin shape not quite right

Sometimes a sculpt can be off in all these areas but still have a good likeness to actor, not so in this case i'm afraid.

The only thing better about this one over the v1 is the hair IMO

That head sculpt looks more like Leonardo caprio with long hair. Maybe he will be Thor in the next Thor movie, so hot toys is bringing his likeness out now so we won't fuss as bad then.

This is the new Hot Toys guys and gals which means that all criticism on headsculpts will be immediately forwarded to the team who does the next version of the same character in a few years.

We got a nose bridge that isn't long enough, a receding hairline, and finally the patented Hot Toys look of seriousness (brows always forced into a "V"). Are we getting to the point when the best part of these reveals are the teasers?

Make it worth my while to trade up on my orignal Thor, HT!

I'm seriously considering picking up the original releases of both Thor and Cap and getting the rest of the avengers line.

I'm glad most of you don't like this. More of a chance that I will be able to pick it up cheaper.

I actually think the figure looks great, the headsculpt too.

Having said that it'll be a pass for me. I have the original Thor version and to be honest there's not enough of a difference between the two to justify me dropping 200 bucks for it.

It's the same issue I'm having with CA, although at least there it's just a color scheme issue since the suit is new.

Haha! page 16! What a good guess! I knew when I came back online today the thread would be on page 16. I haven't even looked at the pics yet.

Back