Hot Toys - MMS175 - The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Thor Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Headsculpt is too small and looks weird in terms of likeness. It's definitely going to need some tweaking before its release. Body looks good though

Re: Hot Toys - MMS - The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Thor Official Specs and Pics

Head looks weird IMO. Can't quite put my finger on it, the symetry of eyebrows? Length of the head? Too small for the body? Something just doesn't seem right :dunno

I can't figure it out either.

In some of the shots, it's pretty dead-on. But in others (most others), something is really strange. Not even stunt double closeness.

edit: I didn't notice Dicaprio, going to go back and look.
edit2: Yup, definitely see it now

the hair line is too deep and the top part of the hair looks too flat.. looks like he's trying to defeat loki using a good hair brush

No sleeveless costume :monkey2 maybe they're saving it for second figure :dunno

I knew he would have no accessories,and they threw in some kinda tennis ball canister or something?:cuckoo:

They could've added the extra chest armor and Gauntlets :slap

577641_10150723130187344_58690437343_9615416_567351067_n.jpg
karl_urban_eomer.jpg

It's the shape of his jawbone and the puffiness of his cheeks. His face is... a bit to square for Hemsworth. That's why in some pictures you can see a likeness - where you can't tell how low and wide his jaws are.

... Then there's how in-set and close together his eyes are, how short his nose is, and how small and close to the nose the mouth is. Basically, pretty much everything is off.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I think he looks great. Just, you know. It's kind of not really Hemsworth.

I like the sculpt very much and I'm not seeing Leo in it, but I'm Brett sad that it is THAT low on accessoires!!!
Really hoped for the sleeveless look as an alternate...

Haven't seen the movie yet.. but I'm already unsure about his hair. In almost all of the action pictures, HT is only showing it from one side of his face. The side of his face with the exposed ear seems to make it weird to pose him with that side visible.

I have no problem with HSs that put some feeling into the character, I thought the Thor v1 was far too dull in expression and I think the Avengers Cap unmasked sculpt looks great.

But this is just bad.

I'd love to see what Yulli would have made of this...

Last edited:

Body looks much better, not sure what I think of the head sculpt yet though...

:exactly::exactly: Won't stop me from POing it though. I like it enough to buy.

i actually really like the headsculpt and am glad ht are going for more expressions and aggression in their sculpts, body looks awesome and i seem to be one of a select few that can see Hemsworth but you never know guys this isnt final product sculpt may vary,

Back